Delisted #27: Jason Laycock - Computer says no

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Laycock : - Is something wrong with him

He's carrying a distinct lack of talent, effort and football smarts.

Play Davey on crutches in the ruck ahead of Laycock. He is useless.

The sad thing is he's actually got a crap load of tallent. He's just a soft, whinging, sook who's not prepared to do the hard work on the ground to become a good player.

Re: 27. Jason Laycock

Would be a shocking mistake to bring him in after getting a couple of kicks in the two's this week.

He needs to go back and learn over a number of weeks that playing league footy is a privelage and not something given to players on potential.

I hope people stop giving him a hard time, coz he actually has talent. only problem is that he picks and chooses when to perform. He is terrible as a permanent forward but a much better player in the ruck and personally i think we should play ryder in the ruck for most of the year. But Laycock definitely has a lot of talent and should be persisted with.

I hope people stop giving him a hard time, coz he actually has talent. only problem is that he picks and chooses when to perform. He is terrible as a permanent forward but a much better player in the ruck and personally i think we should play ryder in the ruck for most of the year. But Laycock definitely has a lot of talent and should be persisted with.

The reason he gets bagged is because he has talent. Attitude is a major problem for Laycock, or so thats what is perceived from our supporter group. If you have talent but not contributing - then the logical assumption is lack of effort.

Laycock should be aiming for 15+ possies a game along with 20 hitouts, he doesn't have to be a Dean Cox but he needs to contribute.

will probably come in this week with paddy playing on franklin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he got pushed off the ball way too easily last night. I wasn't happy.

Maybe a couple of ruck contests, but overall he went in a lot harder than usual. Was even chasing opposition players, and took some strong pack marks.

Very solid game from a very out of form player.

I thought he got pushed off the ball way too easily last night. I wasn't happy.

I don't think he is a bash-and-crash ruckman, like Hille, he seems to be more of a finesser (made up word, but it will do the trick) of the ball. Seems better suited to sharking the oppostion ruckman's taps than creating his own. He is great once the ball hits the deck, he becomes like an extra rover.

Maybe a couple of ruck contests, but overall he went in a lot harder than usual. Was even chasing opposition players, and took some strong pack marks.

Very solid game from a very out of form player.
Yep thought he was Good Last night.
I would lie a job at the Essendon footy club, just as they are about to run out oto the ground my job would be to go to jason slap him across the face a few times and tell him to get ANGRY and I honestly think he would be a 200 game player.

I would lie a job at the Essendon footy club, just as they are about to run out oto the ground my job would be to go to jason slap him across the face a few times and tell him to get ANGRY and I honestly think he would be a 200 game player.

If that works, they should pay you 300k or more a year.:thumbsu:

A fully firing Laycock means an exceptionally dangerous Essendon, in the ruck, and in the forward line.

He's a timid personality. I know you're joking, but that kind of thing has consistently been shown to be completely ineffective.

What he needs is more self belief. He's got to set a standard for himself.

He's a timid personality. I know you're joking, but that kind of thing has consistently been shown to be completely ineffective.

What he needs is more self belief. He's got to set a standard for himself.
Couldn't possibly be completely ineffective as everyone is different he just needs to toughen up self beleif is the soft cop out he wouldn't have been drafted if he had a lack of self belief.

Couldn't possibly be completely ineffective as everyone is different he just needs to toughen up self beleif is the soft cop out he wouldn't have been drafted if he had a lack of self belief.

Everyone is different, but that doesn't mean people aren't similar.

People have different amounts of self belief in different settings. Playing AFL football is a lot different to running round playing club football in Tasmania.

I don't think he believes he can play consistently good games. I think he sees himself as a fringe player and plays accordingly.

But I don't know him personally, so my opinion's fairly irrelevant.

I think Laycock may be crucified after this game but I don't think he played as bad as his stats will show.

Did alright in the ruck and showed he is dangerous in the forward line. Shouldn't be dropped IMO.

I think Laycock may be crucified after this game but I don't think he played as bad as his stats will show.

Did alright in the ruck and showed he is dangerous in the forward line. Shouldn't be dropped IMO.

Yeh I agree, his snap goal was absolutely crucial, I think he can be a very relaible player and seemingly an important back up to Hille

When you consider who played in the ruck for Carlton, I thought Laycock was bordering on lamentable. There is very little intensity in his approach to the game, and if he gets another contract I would be surprised. I've been on his case for a couple of years now hoping he would turn it around. Lucky Laycock is his name, footy is not his game.

^^^ Agree.

He just doesn't seem strong enough or aggressive enough in the contests.

I think he looks to be trying a lot harder but gets out bodied and muscled by his opponents too easily.

He needs a lot of work in the gym.

We have to persist as we don't have anyone to take over just yet. I can see him staying around for another 2 years to see if we can get anything out of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back