Retired #18: Matthew Lloyd - Diagnosed with Bell's Palsy - 15/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Matty Lloyd

I love him as a player but Lloyd needs to bring some respect back to the club he has such a bad name for being weak/soft and as a long time essendon supporter am sick and tired of it. First round next year best thing lloyd could do would be start a melee get a week for it show the rest of competion that he and the club aren't soft.
Height: 192
Weight: 92
With those stats he could do some big damage too.:thumbsu:

Re: Matty Lloyd

remember guys he did change his role for the better of the team this year and still managed to kick 62 goals for the year and also remember its his first year back after snapping his hamstring off the bone. Wait till 2008 (no injuries) and he will be back to his absolute best espically with Judd passing the ball down his throat :p

Re: Matty Lloyd

I love him as a player but Lloyd needs to bring some respect back to the club he has such a bad name for being weak/soft and as a long time essendon supporter am sick and tired of it. First round next year best thing lloyd could do would be start a melee get a week for it show the rest of competion that he and the club aren't soft.
I for one hope that you're joking and it just went way over my head.
We're not Hawthorn. We don't need our players (especially our leaders) starting melles. That does not generate respect, it shows cowardice.
There are much better ways to show strength. Play the ball, not the man.

Re: 18. Matthew Lloyd

dude just needs to fly the flag more... best example hawthorn melee was standing in the goal square hands on his hips a real captain would be in there protecting his team mates

he did mention prior to the chat with hirdy & harves about the captanicy he was very focused on his own game, in saying that as honest as the day is long and will win the coleman next year with a huge pre-season...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, what? :p :confused:

I`ll give you the long version. I have loved Lloyd from day one, can you remember when he was a skinny kid coming up against these man mountains ? He used to get bashed from pillar to post, especially Mick Martyn. Anyway, he got his comeuupance on that day we murdered them by 125 and M.Lloyd slotted his 100th.
Now I had had quite a few drinks before and during the game and was particularly fired up as the ton grew near. I went and picked my spot in the forward pocket, Punt Road end, in readiness. A Mick Long chip, exquistley chipped to Lloydy and he`s lining up, grass in the air, pull up the socks, sort out the jumper, 13 steps back, BANG, I`m running on with the ball in mid air and as I run on I cross paths with Mick Martyn " Even better he kicked it on you Martyn, you thug bastard" and may have flipped him the bird (luckily he didn`t get hold of me !) and then joined in the mob who had also run on.
Now I thought nothing much more of it until the Monday night when my Wife`s cousing rang me and said " What the **** did you say to Mick Martyn" ? I`ve clicked straight away, must have been picked up on the telly.
C7/Optus, used to have a show where Walls,Silvagni, Patrick Smith, Rohan Connolly, Stan Alves and one or two others appeared on, I think it was called Football Focus , any way, somehow their bloody super slo-mo camera has picked me up giving M.Martyn the serve, and has robert walls gone beserk or what ?!?!?! Meltdown !! A very big spray.
So I got the cousin to make me a copy, luckily those shows got replayed 3-4 times a week. So there you go, must put it onto a dvd or that bloody youtube, it is amusing if I say so myself.

Lloydy on your wall for $50 from Wallhero - cheaper than Bomber Shop.

I'd get one, but I already have a giant banner of Simon Black on my wall. ;)

7_room.jpg

imageresize.inc.php

That picture is funny. Why would a grown man/woman have a poster of Matthew Lloyd on their wall? lol.

Because he's an inspiration? Because the grown up person wants to show their devotion to the club? :p

Not on the bedroom wall, grown ups have the rest of the house. The picture of Lloydy can go in the hall way!

Was just looking at various football statistics out of boredom.

I noticed that Lloyd hasn't been kept goalless in his last 41 games.

Massive effort. :thumbsu:

I wonder if he can crack the 50?

BD,

We need him to crack that 50 games streak plus 50+ goals this year.

That stat is even more impressive in that a few games this year he totally sacrificed his game, for the team, when we had Lucas in a favourable match up.

He would run his man outside of 50 to open space, play almost like a wingman while out there and still kick a goal or 2.

If he plays most games this year, he should have a pretty good year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back