Paul Dimattina to challenge for Western Bulldogs Presidency

Remove this Banner Ad

My major concern with Dimma is that he has failed to control his agenda/message in the media. The whole tilt for presidency has come across as disorganised and lacking of substance (on the issues at hand and whether he committed to challenging). It tells me that he is a novice and lacks street smarts. PR is important at a football club and it needs to come from the top. Dimma hasn't demonstrated that he has got it in this area. It's almost as if his game plan has been to create a swell of support for change, drop some quotes and tap Smorgon on the back in hope that he will roll over. He would be better outlining the following:

i) where the club has gone wrong;
ii) his business plan and how he is going to implement it;
iii) name his ticket

Once this is done, ask Smorgon and board to resign. If they don't, call the meeting and put the matter to vote.

This whole toe in the water stuff is just garbage and a waste of everyones time.

We need change but I think there are better candidates out there than Dimma.

My major concern with Dimma is that he has failed to control his agenda/message in the media. The whole tilt for presidency has come across as disorganised and lacking of substance (on the issues at hand and whether he committed to challenging). It tells me that he is a novice and lacks street smarts. PR is important at a football club and it needs to come from the top. Dimma hasn't demonstrated that he has got it in this area. It's almost as if his game plan has been to create a swell of support for change, drop some quotes and tap Smorgon on the back in hope that he will roll over. He would be better outlining the following:

i) where the club has gone wrong;
ii) his business plan and how he is going to implement it;
iii) name his ticket

Once this is done, ask Smorgon and board to resign. If they don't, call the meeting and put the matter to vote.

This whole toe in the water stuff is just garbage and a waste of everyones time.

We need change but I think there are better candidates out there than Dimma.

Dimma's tilt for Presidency has come across as disorganised and lacking substance only because it is disorganised and lacking in substance.

Good post Wetdog.

I dont think Dimmatina would bring much to the table and he is an old player who runs a couple of restaurants. Would rather see someone with senior corporate experience.

I dont think Dimmatina would bring much to the table and he is an old player who runs a couple of restaurants. Would rather see someone with senior corporate experience.
I agree. Not sure what buisness experience a lawyer would bring the position either. I guess for Gordon it's the experience of running an AFL club although I think things have changed a lot since he was last at the helm.

I agree. Not sure what buisness experience a lawyer would bring the position either. I guess for Gordon it's the experience of running an AFL club although I think things have changed a lot since he was last at the helm.
I agree. Although Gordon at least ran his firm (slater and gordon) so has proven managerial experience.

I thought the restaurants were set up by his father, Frank?

To be honest, I don't know what expertise and experience he brings. This is part of Dimma's problem - he hasn't conveyed this message to the rank and file.

I agree. Although Gordon at least ran his firm (slater and gordon) so has proven managerial experience.

'Gordon' has nothing to do with Slater and Gordon. He does not and has never owned it. He was senior lawyer that worked at a firm that happened to have his surname as part of their firms name.

We need a president that has contacts and can bring money into the club. SERIOUS money. I am sure Smorgon would gladly hand over the gig if ANYONE is willing to take it on as long as they can show that they..

1) Have a plan.
2) Can bring in the money.

Without these basics we are stuffed. This how we almost disappeared as a club. Smorgon has given everything he can for a long time and appears as though he wants to move on. Unless he can hand over to someone with decent credentials all the history books will show is that we survived during his 17 years of service.

We will still have a huge debt and at the end of next year our list will be in the worst state it has been in 40 years...

(rumour) But I guess we will just have to wait and see

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349055124.380146.jpg

Holy crap. Worried about this. Whoever takes over needs to stick to the plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in a way this is a 'bloodless' coup. Just what was speculated. PR-managed to look like this. CONSPIRACY ;)

Agree on the Dimma thoughts. We need someone with a lot of experience and handling and delivering not only corporate management, but change, leadership and direction.

What credentials does Sue have behind her (we know about Peter's background). I do not feel that Dimma would be the best choice at this time and decisions need to be made with the head, not the heart alone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back