Prediction Pedo >>>>> Spudosaurus in the Number 6 Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Comrades, it's official.

Pederson is a better player than Chris Dawes.

I know Pedo stuffed up one kick for goal but at least he was taking contested marks over his head.

Dawes offers nothing. He is more of a spud than Mister Potato Head.

Pedo and Hogan >>>>>>>>>>>> Spudosaurus and Hogan

Last edited:

Dawes has taken 2 marks inside 50 from 5 games this year, despite our lack of inside 50's that is pathetic from a key forward earning $500k. Would like to see how Hogan, Pedo and Fitzy play together in the forward line.

Hopefully Hogan comes in for Dawes this week, we'll see what Crazy Roosy does at selection night. It'll be interesting to see how Pedo competes against the 2nd best defender.

Stick him in the back line if he must play in the AFL every week. That's generally all the brides maid Collingwood forwards are good for when they move to another club. Maybe T Mac can do his Superman impression at centre half forward?

How Roos and co didn't pick up on the value of Pedos work rate until round 5 is beyond me.

Was he invisible during pre-season?

Yes. Couldn't even get a guernsey in the drab cup. I'd like to know if there's some sort of 'if fit, will play' clause in Dawes' contract.

I'd like to know if there's some sort of 'if fit, will play' clause in Dawes' contract.
He seems to get a decent run when out of form. Or just plain bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawes has taken 2 marks inside 50 from 5 games this year, despite our lack of inside 50's that is pathetic from a key forward earning $500k. Would like to see how Hogan, Pedo and Fitzy play together in the forward line.
Who ever said Dawes is a key forward? He was picked (and paid) to play second fiddle to Mitch Clark like he did to Travis Cloke, and with the expectation that Hogan was waiting in the wings to come in a year later.

Who ever said Dawes is a key forward? He was picked (and paid) to play second fiddle to Mitch Clark like he did to Travis Cloke, and with the expectation that Hogan was waiting in the wings to come in a year later.

He's basically a hard working ruck man who can't ruck

The man is a beast but couldnt catch an ant with a jar of honey

Can we get a gif of Dawes mark attempt with from memory about a minute to go in the first half? I think Grimes ran out of the middle and kicked it out to him on the lead and he went with the most toddler handed attempt I've seen from him. It's bizarre that an adult, professional footballer can have giving the footy a high ten as his marking technique. :drunk:

There is favouritism at this club. Notice how Pedersen is one average game from being dropped while Dawes is lucky to have 5 above average games a season. I love Dawes aggression & endeavour but Pedersen offers that too plus he can offer ruck relief & actually take a grab which should be the number one criteria for a KPF. Also couldn't believe they picked Frost ahead of Pedersen at the start of the season.

Dawes is average at best, but he's playing poorly even by his standards, and the problem is that he's not alone. With the exception of Cross and maybe Jones, the senior players are performing well below par, and what the hell has happened to the Dom Tyson we saw last season? Was supposedly carrying a niggle but was running out the game okay yesterday. He just seems to be badly out of sorts. Whatever Roos is doing to get through to the players, it isn't working at present. They are simply not this s**t.

But I agree that if the same rules applying to everyone is genuine, Pedo stays and Dawes goes to the Scorps.

Is he playing poorly? I think he's a poor player playing normally. I'd be sniffing around the trade table later this year seeing if there was any opportunity to flog him off to Brisbane, Carlton, Freo, Gold Coast etc. Anyone desperate enough for an experienced "key" forward to consider taking on his dead weight.

Is he playing poorly? I think he's a poor player playing normally. I'd be sniffing around the trade table later this year seeing if there was any opportunity to flog him off to Brisbane, Carlton, Freo, Gold Coast etc. Anyone desperate enough for an experienced "key" forward to consider taking on his dead weight.
Yeah he is playing poorly. His best is what he produced against Adelaide last season. He set the tone early against Richmond this year. He pulls out a game close to that about 1 in 5, which clearly isn't good enough, but his worst is what we saw yesterday.

Look, he's a terrible mark, a poor lead, gets caught behind his opponent constantly, slow, awful field kick....wait, I was mounting a case for him wasn't I? Hm.

He absolutely needs to go, there's no argument there. Can see where he's truly at in the magoos. Roos is taking the piss if he gets picked next week. He doesn't have enough credits in the bank.

Yeah he is playing poorly. His best is what he produced against Adelaide last season. He set the tone early against Richmond this year. He pulls out a game close to that about 1 in 5, which clearly isn't good enough, but his worst is what we saw yesterday.

Look, he's a terrible mark, a poor lead, gets caught behind his opponent constantly, slow, awful field kick....wait, I was mounting a case for him wasn't I? Hm.

He absolutely needs to go, there's no argument there. Can see where he's truly at in the magoos. Roos is taking the piss if he gets picked next week. He doesn't have enough credits in the bank.

He was quite good against Richmond, just not as a key forward. I vaguely recall him getting a crumbing style goal or running past someone to put one through from inside the goal square, and I think the other goal he got was from an uncontested mark in the pocket. At very best you can he 'provides a contest' as a key forward, but that's a bit of a euphemism for flapping his hands at the ball as it goes over his head or crashes off those cast iron mittens he uses for hands. He lumbers after opponents occasionally and lays the odd tackle, but if that's the reason to keep him in the side we may as well stop watching football for the next 5 years.

Dawes isn't a key forward. He's not good enough to do any role at AFL level. Ditto with Howe not being a back and Watts not being whatever the latest position we're trying to shoehorn him into is. They show some flashes of skill and talent every now and again but we have too many types in the 22 who turn up for 15 minutes a match or once every 10 games. We're talking about guys who are 24-27 years old - if they're not regular contributors now, hard to argue that they ever will be. I've been waiting for the worm to turn but I think the club would be better to stop hoping for miracles, to shuffle them on, get some new players in and move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back