Toast Pendlebury's 30th finals match

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We all know Pendles has had an incredible career to date and tonight's final against the Dees happens to be Pendlebury's 29th finals match which means he should play his 30th next week or the week after, assuming he doesn't get injured. Perhaps more interesting is where he stands in terms of the all-time top 5 finals participants:
  1. Joel Selwood (Geelong) - 40 finals
  2. Michael Tuck (Hawthorn) - 39 finals
  3. Shaun Burgoyne (Port 14 / Hawthorn 21) - 35 finals
  4. Gordon Coventry (Collingwood) - 31 finals
    Harry Taylor (Geelong) - 31 finals
He has the opportunity to draw level/overtake the great Gordon Coventry as Collingwood's top performer on that list should the finals played out a certain way this year. Outstanding achievement for Pendlebury and his form coupled with Collingwood's current list suggests he might still have a few finals left in him beyond this year. The question is - where will Pendles be on that list when his career comes to an end?

Well done Scott, will be the only non full time backman to play 30 finals to score < 10 goals. Will also be the only non full time defender to play 30 or more finals to score < 9 goals. :)
You are seriously one of the worst posters on this forum. Never made a worthwhile or relevant post in 15 years, just shitting up every thread with irrelevant crap.

Comfortably top 5.

No, irrelevant.

Rustin I respect your position. You obviously don't know the whole background to my half-in-jest but factually correct post, so none taken mate.

I like Scott, he is so likeable that even people who hate everybody like the tax man and parking officers like him. And I admire him as a footballer. He just doesn't seem to have much scoreboard impact, so I thought I would introduce some balance to the thread. I do after all have my reputation as one of the 5 worst posters on this forum to uphold. :)

Oh, and I hope Collingwood lose this years Grand Final by at least several goals so you don't have to go through it all again. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you may have left someone off your list who is alone in 4th Place on 32* Finals ?

Tom Hawkins Ring any Bells ??

Think you may have left someone off your list who is alone in 4th Place on 32* Finals ?

Tom Hawkins Ring any Bells ??

Scott will also be the only player to have played 30 or more finals without playing in a Grand Final winning team. All the others on the list have played in at least 2.

So apart from not kicking goals in finals and not playing in a winning Grand Final team, Scott has had a wonderful finals career. :)

Mitchell probably has Pendlebury covered for Grand Final wins though. Let me check...

Yep, SM 4 Grand Final wins v SP 0 Grand Final wins. :)

It was a Grand Final Replay win.

Tis cute innit.

brainlet.gif

Its usually private school educated and spanked Hawfs who are stats nerds, and this is why. When the Tiggers try they just **** it up.

You are seriously one of the worst posters on this forum. Never made a worthwhile or relevant post in 15 years, just shitting up every thread with irrelevant crap.
What I find funny is how people get given days off here and there yet when you troll non stop, but do it eloquently, it just continues to pass.

Tucks 39 finals is remarkable. All but his last season was a Top 5 and there would be at least 4 or 5 seasons where he only played 2 finals due to Hawthorn finishing on top, week off in the first week, win the 2nd Semi and straight through to the GF. Coventry also only played during an era of Top 4.

Tucks 39 finals is remarkable. All but his last season was a Top 5 and there would be at least 4 or 5 seasons where he only played 2 finals due to Hawthorn finishing on top, week off in the first week, win the 2nd Semi and straight through to the GF. Coventry also only played during an era of Top 4.
It's interesting to compare the finals per season average as well. Feels like it gives greater context on their performances, especially considering the most finals you can play in a single season these days is four and the most you could play when Coventry was running around was three so that makes his place in the top 5 even more impressive.
  1. Joel Selwood (Geelong) - 40 finals - 16 seasons - 2.50 finals per season on average
  2. Michael Tuck (Hawthorn) - 39 finals - 20 seasons - 1.95 finals per season on average
  3. Shaun Burgoyne (Port/Hawthorn) - 35 finals - 21 seasons - 1.66 per season on average
  4. Gordon Coventry (Collingwood) - 31 finals - 18 seasons - 1.72 per season on average
    Harry Taylor (Geelong) - 31 finals - 13 seasons - 2.38 finals per season on average
2023 is Pendlebury's 18th season in the AFL so if he plays in the GF this year then he'll draw exactly even with Coventry having played 31 finals in 18 seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back