Pendles

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 29, 2004
Merimbula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bengals
His star continues to rise . For a second year player he has incredible poise and hands in the contest . When he adds an 'attack first' mentality when he first gets the ball as a loose man to his game he will add another string to his bow .
He is a great inside mid as well as a good outside player who always seems to find space for himself .

The surface has only just been scratched as well , his upside is enormous .

This guy is absolutely unbelieveable, I thought he was a star in the making already but watching him today was absolutely breathtaking. Ive never seen such a smooth silky player!

He CANNOT be tackled! He just glides away from would-be tacklers and just moves so gracefully away from oppositions.

We definitely have a superstar here, no doubt about it.

An interesting fact I learnt today, he, who has played less games then Thomas, and as a midfielder (Thomas, a forward) they have both scored same amount of goals so far in their 2 years, I think Thomas's late goal today puts him 1 ahead but thats with 5 extra games and as more of a forward then Pendles.

He is definitely fast becoming one of my favourites at the club!

You've hit the nail on the head; he is a great inside mid and he finds space for himself. I don't think he has any weaknesses. Our future is in very good hands.

This kid is a freak & all credit to our recruiting boys for plucking this kid from the draft!

His evasive skills are as good as any going around & his clean hands & beautiful foot skills are a joy to watch.

We have a star on our hands here :D

I never forget the 2005 draft, was overjoyed we got Dale Thomas. Then at pick 5 with all the supposed big names we pick Pendlebury. I thought here we go again, this will haunt us big time. Then saw end of last year he had something. But this year he is all class, does all the good things, and well advanced. He is proving that he was worth Pick 5 and he and Thomas will be in our most valuable players next ten years. I hope Pies resign them soon for at least 3 years. Can't wait for Nathan Brown and Ben Reid to come up.

Didnt get to see the game, heard it on the radio. Can't say it surprises me how hes playing at the moment. Picked he would be one of our prominent mids at the start of the season. Hes got something a lot of players lack - vision of the peripheral kind and poise - GUN

The two players who really impressed me from that draft coup, were Pendles and Ryan Cook(who hasn't played but looks every bit a champion in the making IMO). Pendles or Maxwell would have to be frontrunners to take over the prestigeous, Tarkyn_24's favourite player award when his honour T. Lockyer retires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The two players who really impressed me from that draft coup, were Pendles and Ryan Cook(who hasn't played but looks every bit a champion in the making IMO). Pendles or Maxwell would have to be frontrunners to take over the prestigeous, Tarkyn_24's favourite player award when his honour T. Lockyer retires.

Of course, Lockyer still has plenty of years left.

Pendles is quickly becoming one of my favourite players, just has so much time, watching him yesterday in some instances, it was like watching a slo mo replay he can just hold the ball aviod tackles, find space and lay it off. He is a sensational reader of the play, he just seems to be able to get himself into position to win the ball continuosly. Was definately in the 3-2-1 votes yesterday.

Buckley in the Making

i feel like saying this too BUT it reminds me a bit too much of the 'bradman in the making' tags which have been going on for 80 years and place WAY too much pressure on people. just let him play :)

With that being said he is an absolute gun tough

i feel like saying this too BUT it reminds me a bit too much of the 'bradman in the making' tags which have been going on for 80 years and place WAY too much pressure on people. just let him play :)

With that being said he is an absolute gun tough

For sure, agreed!.

I just love the resemblence though, very silky skills.

The fact that he doesn't have to repeatedly smash his way out of a pack means that he is always orientated when he emerges with the footy, and has time to offload effectively. He sets himself up for success, is rock steady in front of goal too. Great to watch on saturday, hope he stays under the radar for the rest of this year at least.

His vision to spot Toovey was sensational. The ability to have that awareness is something you can't teach. His is going to develop into a terrific player

Pendles has the ability to commit the defender to him before giving it off , which at times causes heart palpitations as he looks like getting caught with the ball , to the point of actually submitting to the tackle and then giving the handball off .
A great trait as it takes at least one defender out of the equation .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back