Perth Demons Supporters Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

EP twice and Claremont once have knocked back the alignments with WC they realised it wasn’t a good idea afterall , do you think PfC would be the same lol I’d rather the club wins a genuine flag.
That's a different point, and I doubt East Perth and Claremont fans would rather there club didn't exist any longer than have had the alignment with the eagles even if they didn't like te alignment.

That's a different point, and I doubt East Perth and Claremont fans would rather there club didn't exist any longer than have had the alignment with the eagles even if they didn't like te alignment.
The point is any club that aligns with WC is not the same club it once was , no one wants it thats why WC had to get a stand alone team, and Freo the same next year.

Last edited:

I largely agree with your thoughts, kid_a.
From an East Perth perspective, I never liked West Coast before the alignment and liked them even less during and afterwards.
Having already seen my beloved Fitzroy disappear from the AFL, I didn't want to lose the Mighty Royals.
However, during the five years (2014-18) the Royals were effectively the Eagles' reserves team, I did seriously wonder whether it would've been better if the club had folded or perhaps sought a merger.
I'd go to games and not really care if we won or lost.
Now, like the majority of my blue-and-black brethren, I'm glad the alignment is over and my East Perth passion is back (notwithstanding some scarring).

Just watching perth on live stream against east perth, doesnt look good for the dees this year. Trying hard but just dont have enough class. Go dee'e please give me another premiership before i kick the bucket

2024 season ahead!
Haven't paid super-close attention to the offseason list changes, but Sinclair out is a big loss. Charlie Constable should be excellent and there's a lot of hype around Sam Simpson from Geelong. I watched the scratch match last Thursday, but it wasn't particularly promising. A lot of clangers under zero pressure. Harry Quartermaine kicked a bunch of goals, which hopefully is a sign of his improvement and not the sign of the backline being bad.

Round 1 vs Subiaco ends with a Perth Demons victory for the first time in forever! I was actually pretty stunned at the high attendance, can't remember if that's the norm for season openers as I'm used to 950 people showing up for the late-season dead rubbers.

The seniors showed grit and determination and held their nerve in the fourth quarter. The defensive pressure (especially the smothers!) was excellent to see and the backline was excellent considering the absence of Jack Avery. The Demons are finally playing the brand of footy they should have played last year, the list just wasn't there for German's fast-paced style. If the backline is the list's strongest line, the midfield needs to give as much support to defense to have the edge. Daniel Hill might have been best on ground for mine, his disposal was composed and accurate, and was key to the side's rebounding efforts.

A little confused by some of the team selection having not seen the preseason games. I'm assuming the likes of Sammy Stubbs and Ajang Ajang must be out of form or being managed through injury.
Something that the side will have to internalize however is that the team was bailed out by favourable umpiring in the fourth, and that won't always be there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back