Review PF: Port v Hawthorn Review

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks supporters I know personally who went to that game said that they were white with fear for the majority of the last quarter. That feeling of sheer relief after shitting your pants for half an hour probably took away any yearning to be a loudmouth dickhead post match haha.

There's a great pic of that floating around
10435066_10152457854103882_7938548935994245217_n.jpg

Watching that last quarter again on fox today just brings all those emotions back. Never, ever been so proud of a PAFC team, I've been happier, of course, but never prouder.

That terrible free against Jonas kills me every single time.

Last edited:
This game, I don't know. 3rd week of finals, I was extremely satisfied with what we did to Richmond, left speechless after what we did to Freo but this game I was kinda pessimistic. At the MCG, Hawthorn have had the week off and no travel, and because Sydney won the night before I was thinking Hawthorn would get the rub of the green so the AFL got their 'promoters dream' Grand Final.

But after getting so close in the last quarter and looking like we were going to pull off one of the greatest comeback wins of all time, it did sting. And Sydney's performance the week after just rubbed more salt into the wound, what could have been?

Boak's reaction to the final siren catches my attention every time.

This game, I don't know. 3rd week of finals, I was extremely satisfied with what we did to Richmond, left speechless after what we did to Freo but this game I was kinda pessimistic. At the MCG, Hawthorn have had the week off and no travel, and because Sydney won the night before I was thinking Hawthorn would get the rub of the green so the AFL got their 'promoters dream' Grand Final.

On the night I thought the same but when you consider the balance of the season whole I can't begrudge Hawthorn for winning that night and going on to win the week after.

Obviously it's all out of our control, all that matters now is how well the boys come back from that night and whether they can hurt the opposition enough on the park that we're not reliant on luck here or there albeit a bad call or injury.

Haha no way, I'm in that pic. Right by Jasper's head. Still not quite the national exposure I got with Wingards mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am hoping this year is deja vu. Hawks going for three in a row. Cast your mind back to 2004 with Brissy going for the 4 wins in a row ;)
Power to stop Hawthorn's 3-peat, Magpies to stop Norwood's 4-peat. Only one problem with that - how could footy get any better in 2016? :)

Power to stop Hawthorn's 3-peat, Magpies to stop Norwood's 4-peat. Only one problem with that - how could footy get any better in 2016? :)

:D ahhh by us winning another flag ????

I didn't hear the siren, pretty sure everyone was just standing or half sitting/standing near me and then I just saw our players drop. I had nothing left so I can't imagine what my boys were feeling.

Travelling with a group of absolute legends and being with each other post game made it a lot easier to take.

That photo is amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back