News Phil Walsh - New AFC Coach and Art Critic

Remove this Banner Ad

Cousins didn't just outrun VB that day, he outsmarted him.

Maybe you're right, and I'll guess we'll never know for sure, but it's become one of those pathetic football folklore memes among Crows supporters who swear black and blue VB would have stayed with him if only...

Cousins was a seasoned, big-game champion who blew away a mere mortal on a big stage. That's what champions do.
Yes! Especially pepped up ones!

I'm not sure what you do off field can taint what you did on the field. Until it's proven otherwise, Cousins remains a champion of the game.

McLeod is a dual Norm Smith Medallist who was robbed of a Charlie. Puts him ahead of Cousins for me.

Cousins didn't just outrun VB that day, he outsmarted him.

Maybe you're right, and I'll guess we'll never know for sure, but it's become one of those pathetic football folklore memes among Crows supporters who swear black and blue VB would have stayed with him if only...

Cousins was a seasoned, big-game champion who blew away a mere mortal on a big stage. That's what champions do.
Cousins was a big-game champion. No doubt.
Only got himself to blame for it being in question.

VB was beaten because Cousins was a vastly superior footballer.

Hope that clears it up for you.
You're naive if you truly don't believe cousins was on the gear.

Forget whether he was a better footballer - he was enhancing his performance illegally...

Just like golden boy hird did, which is why I have no respect for these guys no matter their natural talent they should have stuck too as should have been enough.

Forget whether he was a better footballer - he was enhancing his performance illegally...

Just like golden boy hird did, which is why I have no respect for these guys no matter their natural talent they should have stuck too as should have been enough.
What? You're saying Hird took performance enhancing drugs as well?

McLeod is a dual Norm Smith Medallist who was robbed of a Charlie. Puts him ahead of Cousins for me.
So there can only be one champion of the game?

I'm not sure what you do off field can taint what you did on the field. Until it's proven otherwise, Cousins remains a champion of the game.
he has admitted to be regularly taking drugs.

His coaches knew, his teammates knew as many joined him- it's not like it was a secret!

I'm far more comfortable with our flags than the weagles. McLeod, Jarman, Hart & co were guns who didn't need extra assistance.

What? You're saying Hird took performance enhancing drugs as well?

So there can only be one champion of the game?
Yes, imo hird was taking drugs. He spent quality time with known dealers.

Why do you think the doping plan came so naturally.

He was one of my favourite players - now I despise him for what he represents. The lance Armstrong of Afl.

Yes, imo hird was taking drugs. He spent quality time with known dealers.

Why do you think the doping plan came so naturally.

He was one of my favourite players - now I despise him for what he represents. The lance Armstrong of Afl.

A year off with injuries, and then comes back much bigger and stronger than before after being personally 'trained' by his good mate, Shane Charter. The same fella he and Evans gave character references for at his drug trial for importing banned steroids. I agree with you Kane that there is definitely something whiffy about Hird's playing career now.

You're naive if you truly don't believe cousins was on the gear.

Christ, not this s**t again.

Did I say that ? No, I didn't. There have been many champions of the game who will never be questioned about their integrity on or off the field.
Pretty much what you implied when you brought up McLeod's credentials when I was arguing Cousins being a champion of the game with Kane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A year off with injuries, and then comes back much bigger and stronger than before after being personally 'trained' by his good mate, Shane Charter. The same fella he and Evans gave character references for at his drug trial for importing banned steroids. I agree with you Kane that there is definitely something whiffy about Hird's playing career now.

I agree 100% and I also put Buckley in that category.
dodge-5687659.jpg

I think there are question marks over a number of players of that era (wasn't Woewodin also 'friends' with Charter?)

I agree 100% and I also put Buckley in that category.
dodge-5687659.jpg

I think there are question marks over a number of players of that era (wasn't Woewodin also 'friends' with Charter?)

yeah Woewodin had 'dietary' advice from Charter during his brownlow year. https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/16101423/shane-woewodin-denies-doping-involvement/ Nice quote from his speech there.

Charter worked with, at least, Luke Darcy, Nathan Brown, Simon Garlick, and Scott West during their playing days.

yeah Woewodin had 'dietary' advice from Charter during his brownlow year. https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/16101423/shane-woewodin-denies-doping-involvement/ Nice quote from his speech there.

Charter worked with, at least, Luke Darcy, Nathan Brown, Simon Garlick, and Scott West during their playing days.

It's interesting that the AFL is burying its head in the sand over that era. They just don't want to investigate Charter's influence as what might be exposed could be enormously damaging. It will be interesting to see if any 'journalists' are willing to actually do a full investigation of this once the Ess situation settles?

he has admitted to be regularly taking drugs.

His coaches knew, his teammates knew as many joined him- it's not like it was a secret!

I'm far more comfortable with our flags than the weagles. McLeod, Jarman, Hart & co were guns who didn't need extra assistance.

If you're suggesting he was high during a game then I'd agree with you. If not, then I think the opposite because the physical toll using drugs takes on your body just makes it even more amazing that he was able to play at that level.

If you're suggesting he was high during a game then I'd agree with you. If not, then I think the opposite because the physical toll using drugs takes on your body just makes it even more amazing that he was able to play at that level.
The drugs were obviously not a detriment as Cousins was on a different level to everyone else in that 2nd half ;)

PS. Phil is great - he believes in hard work & smarts to get an advantage over the opposition.

I seriously doubt anybody coming down from a meth binge would be able to play like that. Withdrawal symptoms for meth aren't exactly mild.

Guys you should listen to the Pure Footy segment from SEN with David King & Luffy.

Today they analysed Walsh and the Crows. It's a very statistical/analytical segment which suits the footy purists. But Luffy actually said Walsh could be his new favourite coach.
Tonight on fox footy they analyse our season ahead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back