News Phil Walsh - New AFC Coach and Art Critic

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody hear Kane Cornes on 5aa not long after Walsh? Mentioned something along the lines of "a few of the Crows boys are in for a bit of a shock". Was in reference to his work ethic.

Not sure if was just my interpretation, but it definitely came across as pointed as well.

I think this appointment and that of Fagan will attract a lot of people back to the club and hopefully a lot of new ones too who were put off by the previous regime (referring to the Boardroom more than the coach).

Personally I haven't been a member for about a decade, but I am suddenly super excited to sign up!
Shame, I live in Darwin and still kick the tin.

Find it interesting that there's been no comments from the players yet. Nothing on social media and nothing in the press that I've seen. Is this a blanket ban from the club I wonder? I know many are on holidays, but plenty are still around the place in adelaide and would've bo doubt met with Walsh today.

004167-d0837dd0-4dde-11e4-bb56-4c5b5aec19ef.jpg

#OutwiththeoldPhilinwiththenewPhil

Was at west coast through our resurgence from wooden spooners to top 4, then leaves us to join port, and they have a resurgence up the ladder. I don't think that's a coincidence. We were upset to lose him, he's a quality guy. Top get, guys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have posted on here a few times before, the Crows are my second team :)

I think this is an brilliant result for your club. Phil Walsh is an outstanding individual. From what I understand at WCE, he was always held in very high regard. He played a major role in the development and implementation of the game plan/change in style that saw us go from Wooden Spooners to the finals. Woosha relied on him heavily. He is a very strong leader with a firm and consistent ideals and philosophies about the game of Australian Rules Football.

I wont go on, but the difference in your club in the space of 6 weeks is just amazing. I was in despair, seeing how your club was being run (with the people who were in charge then), things seemed quite forlorn. And then... Well I think the "Roothless" change has been just brilliant. I am very excited to see what the AFC will bring in Season 2015. Oh and poor Port Power, things were looking so rosy for them, some of them even had the delusional belief that they would overtake the AFC... Oh dear, I think the reaction says it all. They are frightened, absolutely frightened. The parties over now, the AFC is back!! :cool:

Loved his press conference

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/afl...e-easy-to-define/story-fndv862c-1227083023173

Forget what I say, if you can't see it for yourself it's not real

I'm 95% converted right there
His choice of words in regards to addressing the problems as well as the efforts required were spot on. He showed his confidence in the playing group as well as compunding where we need to get better if we want to push for a top four finish. He really did set the message straight with no misleading info.. Concise, direct and right on the money.

Find it interesting that there's been no comments from the players yet. Nothing on social media and nothing in the press that I've seen. Is this a blanket ban from the club I wonder? I know many are on holidays, but plenty are still around the place in adelaide and would've bo doubt met with Walsh today.

They need there opportunity to go through the process, also I can't see Walsh being a huge social media fan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back