List Mgmt. pick 67 who do we take

Remove this Banner Ad

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ok half serious half joking for this one. I'm sure some will have soon fun but does anyone know of any half decent kids that may slip this far?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...against-the-wall/story-fnp04d70-1227119764090

While the recruiters will have to wait until pick No. 67 to unearth a talent at this year’s draft, they are excited by the “nice hybrid running-type defenders” on offer late and would try to “increase our group of running mids”.

“Unlike last year when we tried to get really strategic and target the players we were looking for around those selections, we don’t come into 67,” he said.

“You just never know at that end of the draft.”

Mentions Josh Glenn as a potential target. type of player we may potentially target.

Last edited:

With Gardiner, McStay and Cutler i think we can target a smaller defender. Someone who can offer some rebound, but ideally need to be able to shut down the small to medium types first. The rebound is an added bonus and highlights the defenside side when they shut someone out and start doing damage the other way.

i have a close family friend at the club, who works in the recruiting department, and he normally doesnt tell me much, but he said apparently we are very keen on petracca at pick 67
Except in my case I have a source... stop being a smart arse mate. I don't post bullshit and have been correct on many things I have posted. re. Beams

i have a close family friend at the club, who works in the recruiting department, and he normally doesnt tell me much, but he said apparently we are very keen on petracca at pick 67
It's evident why he doesn't say much.

A Justin Clarke or Jack Redden type pick (I.e. player plucked from nowhere) at 67 would be the way I'd be looking if possible. It's certainly a year we can take a high risk prospect.

Except in my case I have a source... stop being a smart arse mate. I don't post bullshit and have been correct on many things I have posted. re. Beams
We all post bullshit from time to time. I think you'll find he was just trying to be humorous, and it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mature aged prospect.

I definitely wouldn't mind that. Ready made to fill a gap or a high risk high reward type is the way to go I think.

There have been some handy looking players taken in the 60s recently - Puopolo, Langdon, Sam Lloyd, Hutchings, Duryea. Definitely time for the recruiters to earn their paycheque.

Realistically we've already had our fun but it'll still be intriguing to see which way we go

no need to get catty mate just a gee up. Think you can understand how tiring it is thrroughout this period with the apparent inside sources people have. Everyone tends to take a very general position on them too so no matter what they look to be right even if they were full of sh*t im sure youre not in that category

no need to get catty mate just a gee up. Think you can understand how tiring it is thrroughout this period with the apparent inside sources people have. Everyone tends to take a very general position on them too so no matter what they look to be right even if they were full of sh*t im sure youre not in that category
sorry mate. Took the post too seriously my bad.

Wouldn't it be funny if pick 67 turned out to be an even better player than Dayne Beams next year?

Highly unrealistic...but I would have a nice chuckle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back