muckypup

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Bayswater Bowling & Rec Club
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The WACA's
Only criteria I put on it was that they must be playing or in the squad NOW. This is my team. No place for Hulk, T David or Warner even though they have fat IPL contracts. WA weighted because I am bias but also because we dominate the BBL again in terms of both the Scorchers and the high profile players across the comp. The money in world cricket for players is going into the stratosphere right now. Even if it is denominated in monopoly money.

Ollie Davies unlucky. Of my Scorchers heavy line up maybe Tye and Agar most vulnerable. Turner gets the C ahead of Short. Other players in the mix, Ollie Davies, Chris Green, and Ben Manenti just cause I love the chunky fella.

1673493393293.png

No Chris Lynn? Jeepers

Why didnt you just pick all of the Scorchers players?
Yeah okay, I'll give you Chris Lynn. Still hasnt had a consistent tournament for mine though. They have turned Adelaide into a road for his benefit last 2 games. Good point though, I could probably pick all Scorchers players given their current domination of the comp.

Yeah okay, I'll give you Chris Lynn. Still hasnt had a consistent tournament for mine though. They have turned Adelaide into a road for his benefit last 2 games. Good point though, I could probably pick all Scorchers players given their current domination of the comp.
41 (34)
36 (27)
28 (26)
12 (10)
35 (34)
21 (12)
87 (58)
64 (29)
69* (37)

Leading runscorer striking at 147. I'd love to see a consistent player if this isn't a consistent tournament.

Last edited:
Lynn not consistent?
Scoring nearly 393 hundred runs at an average of 49 with a strike rate of 147.
OK.

How the hell does Agar get in?
4 wickets for the tournament at an average of 45.

Lynn not consistent?
Scoring nearly 393 hundred runs at an average of 49 with a strike rate of 147.
OK.

He offers good batting death and despite what you have put there is very handy with keeping runs down. The idea is you put up your own team along with tearing mine down by the way.

1. M Short (str)
2. C Jewell (hur)
3. S Harper (ren)
4. B Webster (sta)
5. A Hardie (sco)
6. W Sutherland (ren)
7. T Rogers (ren)
8. H Thornton (str)
9. L Morris (sco)
10. P Dooley (hur)
11. T Murphy (six)

QUAL: 0 games for Australia
I like this side. I wish there was an easier way to source game by game stats. Might argue for Ollie Davies on this one.

1. M Short (str)
2. C Jewell (hur)
3. S Harper (ren)
4. B Webster (sta)
5. A Hardie (sco)
6. W Sutherland (ren)
7. T Rogers (ren)
8. H Thornton (str)
9. L Morris (sco)
10. P Dooley (hur)
11. T Murphy (six)

QUAL: 0 games for Australia

2 good games by Harper preceded by 5 poor ones, including 3 ducks (2 Golden) . His average might compare ok but can’t have him in surely when his number of ducks outweigh his number of good scores

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do something similar on a day to day basis for work. I use bigbashboard.com

Yes! big bash board is a great site for all T20 related stuff.

Anyways if I'm picking an XI from players who haven't played for Australia
M Short, C Jewell, A Hardie, O Davies, J Silk, J Peirson, W Sutherland, H Kerr, C Green, T Rogers, P Dooley

1. Matthew Short
2. Oliver Davies
3. Caleb Jewell
4. Aaron Hardie
5. Jordan Silk
6. Beau Webster
7. Sam Harper
8. Tom Rogers
9. Hayden Kerr
10. Henry Thornton
11. Patrick Dooley

Asked Pure_Ownage in another thread but who is the next spinning all rounder in Australian cricket? Perhaps Chris Green? Agar's batting is often over rated imho.

Averages 16 at 114 with 1 6 ever 2 innings and 1 four every innings.

May as well go Chris Green as a better bowler and albeit less batting ability, the drop off is not nearly as much as you think (ave 15 at 129).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back