Player ratings YTD

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 5, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Gday all

I have been thinking for a while about why and how we have crashed a fair bit this year, and what and who and have contributed.

So I did my own ranking out of 10 for each player YTD below. It is highly subjective and many will disagree, but I thought it might open up some interesting discussion as we close out the year over the next ....... 8 weeks. For me it does highlight quite a few gaps in our year.

Maybe copying the table and posting your own ratings would be easy to read for those who want to rank each player.

EDIT: At Warhorse's suggestion rating them how good they are by position - how they compare to others in the same role from rival teams.

Last edited:
Quick question

Your ratings out of 10 - are they an extrinsic scale where refer to 10 being the best any player can be, or intrinsic, where the top end is what you think they're capable of.

So if you give Kolo a 10 does it mean he's the best version of Kolo possible or does it mean he's won the Brownlow and topped the end of season coaches vote tally?

I'm not sure if you're being optimistic or pessimistic

Quick question

Your ratings out of 10 - are they an extrinsic scale where refer to 10 being the best any player can be, or intrinsic, where the top end is what you think they're capable of.

So if you give Kolo a 10 does it mean he's the best version of Kolo possible or does it mean he's won the Brownlow and topped the end of season coaches vote tally?

I'm not sure if you're being optimistic or pessimistic
Just my subjective rating on how I think each player has contributed this year to the team. Not so easy to do.

Don't make it too difficult I reckon. Just let us know your ratings and qualifiers if you like.

I have done my Ratings by how good they are by position - how they compare to others in the same role from rival teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back