Toast Player you didnt rate but now impresses you

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the attitudes towards Masten and Sheppard show just how fickle BigFooty posters can be. Go back over their respective records, and you can see they've both had flashes of good form, that either declined or was interrupted by injury. They both clearly have the ability to perform. Spend enough time here, and you'll hear the opinions on certain players basically going full circle.

IMHO, the genuine surprise has been McGovern. He was a rookie-listed player, who was probably not far off being delisted after his run-in with the coach over his fitness levels. It's crazy to think that in less than 2 seasons, he's basically leading the backline and playing like a 100+ gamer.

IMHO, the genuine surprise has been McGovern. He was a rookie-listed player, who was probably not far off being delisted after his run-in with the coach over his fitness levels. It's crazy to think that in less than 2 seasons, he's basically leading the backline and playing like a 100+ gamer.
Increadible. Good point too TF!

Player I rate but isn't impressing me as much as others - Shannon Hurn.

Can take him game to another level by impacting the game a lot more up the field with his incredible kick and kicking more goals etc.

We saw when he was captain last year for a couple of weeks he played some of the best football I've seen him play ever.

Needs to do more IMO because he has the ability to tear teams apart.

I'm going to lock sheppard in as my pick now after yesterday. Just took another level again.

I could put duggan up there a little bit because my opinions of him have changed slightly since pre draft. I didn't rate his ability to ever play as an inside player at AFL level but since drafting he has grown a little bit or just looked stronger over the ball and I have changed my mind.

Sheppard for sure. Could've sworn he was about 2 years older as we have consistently persisted with playing him through poor form over the last few years. He's finally repaying the faith and suddenly doesn't look like such a bad pickup when you compare him to the next few picks after him in the draft. Has plenty of years ahead of him.

Mackenzie and NN are elite in their positions.
Firstly backs hardly come into the elite category in my books purely because most of them follow, destroy, tackle and go for the boundary line. Every now and then one comes along who creates rebound and wins honest possessions without scragging the F#$% out of the opposition forwards like Hurn who is pretty much borderline elite IMO. NN is in a category of his own, elite jumping and ground ball work on the run but skill wise he is an average kick and average handballer. Priddis is close also IMO but lacks one thing....kicking bags of goals and hence winning games off his own boot like Juddy did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back