Status
Not open for further replies.

it_is_the_light

Senior List
Suspended
Feb 20, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Thanks guys. I didn't know where to post this, so general discussion seemed like the right place.

I have just found out that my girlfriend has cheated on me. Here's the full and unbiased (It actually is, I get deadly calm when I'm super angry) version of events.

I've been going out with this girl for just over a year now. We've been happy, things have been good blah blah blah. For the last month she has been avoiding me and using work as an excuse to avoid spending time with me. At first I thought that she was just taking her job really seriously, but then I remembered that she has never shown much interest in her work (She works at a sports store). I then wondered if I had upset her about something, but when I asked her she said that all was fine. Her hours got later and later to the point where she was leaving work late in the evening and supposedly too tired to talk.

Last week I confronted her and asked her if she was cheating on me. She said no and said she was offended that I would even think that. We went out to Gold Class cinemas on Saturday and again, something wasn't right. I asked her a second time and she denied it and stormed out of the cinema and went home. I stayed for the remainder of the movie (it was really good, plus it was expensive so I made sure I got my money's worth) and went home in a bad mood.

Anyway, today my mates invited me to have a beer at their place and play some video games. When I arrived I could tell something was off. They told me to sit down and grab a beer. When I did that, they told me that they had seen my girlfriend eating another guys face yesterday. They showed me a photo that they had taken on their phone. I know who the guy is, he's her boss who incidentally is a married man with children. I told them I was off to smash him, but they forced me to sit down and play some games with them and not to do anything dumb.

So instead, I called my girlfriend and again asked her if she was cheating. She denied it again. So I then proceeded to ask why she had been seen eating her boss's face off. There was a pause and she confessed. She started apologizing, saying how sorry she was and how it didn't mean anything. She begged me not to break up with her and I told her I need to process it so I can make a rational decision and not to contact me until I have had time to think. She also told me she was cheating when I had asked her previously, but didn't want to hurt my feelings by telling me because she cares about our relationship.

I know that quite a few on here are a lot older than me (I'm 19) and could provide some advice from their life experience. Should I break up with her and start again? Should I tell the boss's wife about the affair? My girlfriend is bombarding me with messages saying that she doesn't want to break up and how sorry she is, but also says that I should be apologizing for not stopping her from getting to this point.

Please guys, advice would be appreciated. Should I smash the boss's head in? I'm tempted to tell his wife and ditch the girl, but I've never been cheated on before. This is real and I'm not playing silly buggers. Is it my fault? I can't help but wonder.

She also told me she was cheating when I had asked her previously, but didn't want to hurt my feelings by telling me because she cares about our relationship.

Lol.

Dump her bitch ass, tell her boss' wife, go out and enjoy single life. You'll find someone else. You're too young to be in a relationship with someone who has disrespected and spat on your love.

Cut your losses.

Break up with her. She lied to you twice when you asked her to be honest and only confessed when basically presented with direct evidence.

Don't smash the guy's face in, that won't end well for you.

I haven't been in this situation but if this ever happened to me I would break up with her on the basis that she's clearly not loyal and that she lied to you. Also, don't smash the boss's head in as that will only land you into trouble on assault charges but do tell his wife because she deserves better too. You're only 19 as well so there is plenty of time to find that special someone who will love you rather than a lying bitch who betrayed you.

Last edited:
What a bitch.

You'll never trust her again so might as well end things sooner rather than later. You'll move on.

If it was me I wouldn't speak to her, see her, answer her calls or texts. Cut all contact immediately. It will tear her apart and it's all she deserves. Just end it, remove her from your life and move on. It's not like you're living together so it can be done quite easily. The sooner the better.

Plenty more fish in the sea.

Break up with her. She'll do it again.

She seemed to lie about it to easy if she cared she would have came clean straight away how long do you think she was going to keep this going?

What movie did you watch?

Oh and dump her ass. Her saying you should apologise is ******* laughable.

As for telling the wife, up to you, but I'd say no just because you don't want to be caught up with all the hassle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I'm quite certain I haven't been cheated on (so can't speak from experience), if it was me in your situation I'd be breaking up for sure. You really, really don't need to be with a girl who would lie to you repeatedly and then try to somewhat rationalise her behaviour by asking you to apologise for leading her to cheat. Seriously, what the hell? Drop her.

In terms of the bosses wife, bit of a tough one, but she has a right to know that the father of her children and husband is cheating on her.

Just manipulate like the rest of your folk. Works wonders for them

She seemed to lie about it to easy if she cared she would have came clean straight away how long do you think she was going to keep this going?

Until she was found out or until she got whatever she wanted out of it. It's horrible.

She does not deserve your forgiveness. She lied to you on three occasions and as soon as you found out the truth she started sucking up to you. She only has herself to blame, she does not deserve you and you deserve someone better than her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back