Podcast Podcast Production - Content

Remove this Banner Ad

As I mentioned earlier in the main thread, if we're looking at doing two podcasts per week then we can have a review discussion on Monday and a preview discussion on Thursday.

Review: Discussion about the game on the weekend, looking at where the game was won/lost, b.o.g votes, umpiring, decisions on selection for the upcoming game etc

Preview: Discuss changes, opposition, concerns and news throughout the week, the content of "the club" on wednesday night etc

Some idea's:

A 2 min segment on future magpie's - How edwards haggerty moore ect are coming along and (closer to the draft) who we could be looking at.

VFL review - Someone to give us a lowdown on how our senior boys went in the VFL that week

Segment on other teams, what were the big upsets/talking point of last week and how does this impact collingwood?

Spotlight on - a segment where we put the spotlight on a player and (after watching him closely the week before) take apart his game and discuss his pros/cons ect.

Dave's weekly rant - the people's favorite. 1 Dave, 1 Mic, no edits, no censors and let magic happen ;)

• Introductions (~3 mins)
  • Match Review (~5 mins)
  • Match Preview (~3 mins)
  • VFL Review (~2 mins)
  • What everybody's selections would be (~ 2 mins)
  • Injury report (~1 mins)
  • Everybody's favourite post on BF (~ 4 mins)
  • Collingwood fantasy (DT and supercoach)
Those are the main ones.

TBH, if we do 20-25 mins each, I think there will be plenty of content to cover.

You can do all sorts of little bits like, a Toast and a Roast to players. A rant. A spotlight one that blaze mentioned is pretty good.

There are also tonnes of threads on the board that you could discuss on the podcast as well.

You could also spend a few minutes doing trivia, get someone from the board and call them up. Get them to answer like 5 questions or something on Collingwood, if they get it all correct they win 50 bucks or something.

2 min intro (including todays topics and contributors introductions)

3-5 min VFL and training report. Probably most of the time dedicated to how the senior boys went in the VFL and then a 1 min lowdown on the most notable things that happened at training.

Future magpie watch 2-4 mins. Discussion on Haggerty Moore edwards ect, as well young kids yet to debut and how far away are they. what is their AFL comparison and what can we expect from them (eg broomhead). Closer to draft date this would also include possible draftees and their info.

The peoples favorite "Dave's thoughts" where dave gets 2/3 minutes to give us his thoughts on anything under the sun, maybe 3 things he likes and 3 things he doesn't for the week(doesn't have to be 100% football focused).

AFL review and preview: 7-15 mins. including recap of what happened last week, 3 unique points from the previous weeks game that each panelist comes up with and then a discussion on those. Followed by a preview of next week and panelists tips and ins/outs (with quick explanations of why).

Other possible segments -

Spotlight on: Where a regular panelists focuses on a certain player who may not be in the limelight at the time and breaks his game down for us, what he does well and what he needs to improve on.

Collingwood and AFL in the media, discussion about the big topics.

List management segment, where we take apart our list and work out what we need now and for the future. Who could we trade? who should we target? what kind of players do we draft?

Obviously the timing for each segment is really hard to gauge as people could get really into a topic and it could easily go over whilst another segment people don't really have much to talk about.

I think aim for 25 mins, anything from 22-27 is good and if it starts to get close to 30 wind things up.

Roast and Toast. Each panelist gives us 1 player (or something else) that should be toasted and 1 that should be roasted and an explanation of why.

Ok, honestly, I talk a lot without really saying anything of consequence (as I'm sure everyone here can attest) but I guess if everyone had a topic or something they can kind of prepare themselves with before the cast takes place that'll be good.

Hell, I'll probably just talk about Luke Ball anyway. Love that man.

Ok, honestly, I talk a lot without really saying anything of consequence (as I'm sure everyone here can attest) but I guess if everyone had a topic or something they can kind of prepare themselves with before the cast takes place that'll be good.

Hell, I'll probably just talk about Luke Ball anyway. Love that man.

I think without a kind of runsheet / segments the discussion topics will go for hours and be really disjointed

Here's an example of some content ...

- Review of Melbourne game

- Was the Pies v Melbourne result because Collingwood are awesome or because Melbourne are rubbish?

- Thoughts on Melbourne as a team? Are they stuffed? Is there hope?

- Thoughts on Luke Ball's return over the last month? Have we missed him?

- Thoughts on Steele Sidebottom's development as a player. Has he reached his peak?

- Thoughts on our forward line structure? Is Lynch doing the job? What is our best small forward combo?

- Collingwood's season thus far, what can we expect going forward? (tough gig!)

- Bulldogs review, key matchups, tips.

- MCC have put up wires up over the MCG (at great expense) to try to keep the seagulls off the ground :eek: :confused: :p o_O - Seriously WTF???

... focuses on a certain player who may not be in the limelight at the time and breaks his game down for us, what he does well and what he needs to improve on.

Excellent idea!

Would be good if we could have a segment interviewing a Western Bulldogs supporter ...

- How is Tom Young going?
- How is their season going?
- Any players expected to be in or out of the team this week?
- Who are players to watch out for?

Anybody know any WB posters who might be interested in this?

Anybody interested in running this segment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be good if we could have a segment interviewing a Western Bulldogs supporter ...

- How is Tom Young going?
- How is their season going?
- Any players expected to be in or out of the team this week?
- Who are players to watch out for?

Anybody know any WB posters who might be interested in this?

Anybody interested in running this segment?

If Brad Dick ever comes back we could do one on him too.

I think it'd be good to get an opposition person on to talk about the upcoming game, discuss matchups, etc.

Shouldn't be too hard to get someone, but make sure it wont result in a flame war ;)

I think we should cap the podcast off at 45 minutes. It doesn't have to go for this long, but it should give us breathing room when we are talking about a meaty topic.

If Brad Dick ever comes back we could do one on him too.

He's not coming back. But happy to pencil you in for a Brad Dick exposé when we get to Round 22 when we play WCE?

Shouldn't be too hard to get someone, but make sure it wont result in a flame war ;)

Yep, we've found somebody, which is great!

I think we should cap the podcast off at 45 minutes. It doesn't have to go for this long, but it should give us breathing room when we are talking about a meaty topic.

I doubt we'll be going anywhere near that long!

Not sure if I'm going to contribute for the first podcast at least since I put my hand up for the role of editing/production, but I'm calling dibs on any kind of player analysis re: Caff. Got something I want to work on and write up about him.

(I called it first, so lay off CasuallyDressed!)

:p

Not sure if I'm going to contribute for the first podcast at least since I put my hand up for the role of editing/production, ...

That'd be great!

...but I'm calling dibs on any kind of player analysis re: Caff. Got something I want to work on and write up about him.

(I called it first, so lay off CasuallyDressed!)

:p

Go for it!

Feel free to set it up as a conversation between you and CasuallyDressed - conversations are usually more entertaining than monologues, unless of course you're a big personality like TradeDraft.

Also coordinate with blaze036. He was thinking about doing something similar - probably best if you don't review the same players (or just organise between yourselves to do the podcast together)

How are the segments going to be linked together if they are all done separately by different people

In the editing software (Audacity) you can import multiple sound files and simply join them all together. Kind of like the way they make a film - they do multiple takes on multiple sets and at multiple locations with multiple actors, and in the editing they can just splice them altogether into a single contiguous movie.

Have a play with the audio editing software if you're interested. Download Audacity. It's free. (Use the link on the Sourceforge site). I downloaded it last night and was able to get it doing something very quickly.

He's not coming back. But happy to pencil you in for a Brad Dick exposé when we get to Round 22 when we play WCE?

Really? We had a WCE supporter drop in about a month ago saying he was close to making his return :confused:. Anyway, I would be happy to! We can talk details of length etc. in pm, but count me in :)

In the editing software (Audacity) you can import multiple sound files and simply join them all together. Kind of like the way they make a film - they do multiple takes on multiple sets and at multiple locations with multiple actors, and in the editing they can just splice them altogether into a single contiguous movie.

Have a play with the audio editing software if you're interested. Download Audacity. It's free. (Use the link on the Sourceforge site). I downloaded it last night and was able to get it doing something very quickly.

I mean more in a content type way rather than how it would be done with technology.

Going from a group of people discussing top A to different people talking about topic B. How do you make that flow smoothly

I mean more in a content type way rather than how it would be done with technology.

Going from a group of people discussing top A to different people talking about topic B. How do you make that flow smoothly

Interludes.

Like on the radio, they break it up by playing a song or going to ads.