Podcast Podcast Production - Content

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? We had a WCE supporter drop in about a month ago saying he was close to making his return :confused:. Anyway, I would be happy to! We can talk details of length etc. in pm, but count me in :)

Sorry, my bad.

I thought by Brad Dick "coming back" you meant him coming back to Collingwood. There are some folk on here who think that might happen one day. Didn't realise he's out injured ATM.

I mean more in a content type way rather than how it would be done with technology.

Going from a group of people discussing top A to different people talking about topic B. How do you make that flow smoothly

As people don't randomly run out of things to say and stop mid-sentence, then you could kind of tell when each segment is done. I could then set up some interludes with some background music to transition between segments, using floating text on the screen and some animation/video or a voice over to indicate what segment is coming up next.

Could even have like random factoids and trivia about Collingwood Twisties to break up each segment.

As people don't randomly run out of things to say and stop mid-sentence, then you could kind of tell when each segment is done. I could then set up some interludes

DThomas has put his hand up to record some interludes. He's also recorded a theme song - check it out in the podcast music thread if you haven't heard it already. It may need to be edited down to size, or split up as an intro and an ending.

Dave only has room in his heart for one Twisties flavour - Cheese. Aint that right TradeDraft? :p

38637185.jpg

Sorry, my bad.

I thought by Brad Dick "coming back" you meant him coming back to Collingwood. There are some folk on here who think that might happen one day. Didn't realise he's out injured ATM.

All good :) In that case, probably better to get a WCE guy come in. That is, if Brad has played some games by round 22.

I'm still available for a panel though! :p

DThomas has put his hand up to record some interludes. He's also recorded a theme song - check it out in the podcast music thread if you haven't heard it already. It may need to be edited down to size, or split up as an intro and an ending.

Thanks 76, already downloaded it and prepared to use it for intro/outro.

We need to record this showdown.

The Twisties Podcast feat. some Collingwood stuff

Forgot someone?

That is the list of people who answered the original poll to say that they'd like to contribute. You responded that you wouldn't contribute, but you thought the podcast is a great idea.

But that's OK, you changed your mind, which we're all very happy about.

*** We would never forget you TradeDraft ***

Would be great if the interludes were commentary of some good Pies moments, like Eddie commentating Cloke against Richmond.

The chime from Batman would fit too :p

Haha the chime from Batman, great idea!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As people don't randomly run out of things to say and stop mid-sentence, then you could kind of tell when each segment is done. I could then set up some interludes with some background music to transition between segments, using floating text on the screen and some animation/video or a voice over to indicate what segment is coming up next.

Could even have like random factoids and trivia about Collingwood Twisties to break up each segment.

MeisterBot, we want to get this podcast published before the Western Bulldogs game.

Say, have it up by Saturday lunchtime?

In that case, when would you need to receive all of the material, so that you have sufficient time to do the editing? When is the submission deadline?

MeisterBot, we want to get this podcast published before the Western Bulldogs game.

Say, have it up by Saturday lunchtime?

In that case, when would you need to receive all of the material, so that you have sufficient time to do the editing? When is the submission deadline?

Absolute deadline would be Friday afternoon, say 5pm. Would prefer it before then obviously but I should be okay if I get everything before Friday evening.

You don't have to limit it to just me. If there's another musician on here, then I'm all for an extra person to contribute their own stuff as well.

When's the deadline for the musical interludes? Because it looks like it will actually be tomorrow that I'll be able to get cracking. I have a few already made (variations on melody lines from the theme/genre switches etc), but need to get a couple more done.

Also, you can edit my version of the theme in any way you need to, e.g. splitting it up into intros and outros, adding fades etc.

You don't have to limit it to just me. If there's another musician on here, then I'm all for an extra person to contribute their own stuff as well.

Totally agree :thumbsu:

When's the deadline for the musical interludes? Because it looks like it will actually be tomorrow that I'll be able to get cracking. I have a few already made (variations on melody lines from the theme/genre switches etc), but need to get a couple more done.

Submission deadline for all material 5pm Friday.

Also, you can edit my version of the theme in any way you need to, e.g. splitting it up into intros and outros, adding fades etc.

Yep, MeisterBot is onto it.

Yep, as 76 said, it's all good as long as I can get a hold of it by 5pm on Friday. Can't wait to see what else you make btw, the theme you made was really cool.

Yep, as 76 said, it's all good as long as I can get a hold of it by 5pm on Friday. Can't wait to see what else you make btw, the theme you made was really cool.
Okay, sweet. I should have them all done by then. They're all variations on the theme song, so nothing as extravagant as my theme cover.

I really, really want to do a short jazz interlude of the theme.:p

What about me 76woodenspooners ? I said I'd be happy to contribute and offered a segment idea.

Hey, go for it!

Just get your audio recording file to MeisterBot before 5pm today to make it in time for this podcast. Don't worry that you're not good with editing, MeisterBot is good with scissors and stickytape.

If you need to find somebody to participate with you, just create a "Somebody needed" thread to advertise on the main Collingwood board (FYI Quicky Swooop)

Also have a read of my most recent post in the Collingwood main board podcast thread for the topics that have already been covered.

Good luck!

Hey, go for it!

Just get your audio recording file to MeisterBot before 5pm today to make it in time for this podcast. Don't worry that you're not good with editing, MeisterBot is good with scissors and stickytape.

If you need to find somebody to participate with you, just create a "Somebody needed" thread to advertise on the main Collingwood board (FYI Quicky Swooop)

Also have a read of my most recent post in the Collingwood main board podcast thread for the topics that have already been covered.

Good luck!

Yeah but I was planning on doing a training report, It's tommorow so I can't get audio to you by today.

Yeah but I was planning on doing a training report, It's tommorow so I can't get audio to you by today.

It's important we get the podcast out with enough time for folks to listen to it before the game. MeisterBot has got an enormous amount of work to do get it all edited together and get it out in time.

Check in with MeisterBot if and how it can be accommodated - if he can't (and he'll have our full support if he can't) then no worries, we'll figure out how to get a training report in future podcasts.