Toast Pods

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Pods ability to crash packs overstated, and, if not, is it of any value to us?

The other thing Hawks/Sydney have is a sstructure/system to maximise the strengths of a tall forward line, and the midfield to further strengthen them.

We have neither, so what's the point of running with three talls?

The part you're not understanding King is that the reason these 3 talls arent getting their hands on the ball is a distinct lack of skill and decision making going forward.
If any of those forwards had the same space to lead into that better teams have, then their performances would be much better.

If we had just 1 midfielder that could kick, that might also help.

Pods did some great things on the weekend, but some absolutely awful stuff too.
Not sure the 50 was there. Surely the umps know that Thompson niggles, niggles, niggles then dives. He does it every time.

Even if we accept pods adds something (and I've been converted a little on this front) don't we have to ask the question:

To what end?

Why do we need to top up to reach the heights of 9/10th?

Is it a goal worth striving for? Why roll the dice for something not worth winning
The answer to that quesiton is 2014.
He shouldnt play in 2015 except for injury....and I'm a fan of what he brings.

The part you're not understanding King is that the reason these 3 talls arent getting their hands on the ball is a distinct lack of skill and decision making going forward.
If any of those forwards had the same space to lead into that better teams have, then their performances would be much better.

Not sure the 50 was there. Surely the umps know that Thompson niggles, niggles, niggles then dives. He does it every time.

I don't understand, it, yet it's exactly what I said?

So if we lack the ability to make the most of a 3 tall forward line, why just stubbornly and stupidly persist with it?

I don't understand, it, yet it's exactly what I said?

So if we lack the ability to make the most of a 3 tall forward line, why just stubbornly and stupidly persist with it?

Sorry I misread what you were saying.
I guess its like a bad golf swing. If youre hitting the ball left, aiming right will only help you so much. It would be much better to fix your swing rather than to correct for the error.

Mods, can you change this thread to Roast pods, or at the very least Opinion pods. The majority of posts are negative, so ill start a roast thread unless its changed

Lets break this down.

We have recruited a delisted 33 year old, wait no we haven't, lets try that again.

Our 'coach' has given his best friend a two year contract, and in the process destroyed any development we could of gotten into another forward this year, and lost all integrity at the selection table.

I was apprehensive when i saw podsiadly in all the marketing leading up to, and at the start of the season, it showed that he was being used for bums on seats, and would be held to different standards compared to others.

At the start of the year, we lost the first two games badly. Podsiadly was without a doubt, the worst player for us on both occasions. What does the coach do? He drops our leading goal kicker in LJ. A player who needs confidence to play well, had all his confidence drained after two solid performances.

One of jenkins or lynch would have been dropped between rounds 9-11, but fortunately for sanderson, lynch was injured, and he didn't have to make the hard call. Its unfortunate for us, as we would have more evidence that our coach is destroying this team.

Sandos comments around no one being safe, and how players perform or be dropped, is quite laughable. Podsiadly played some extremely poor games in a row, ending with the fremantle game. Any other player, besides tex, would have been shown the door. Its important to keep the same standards for all players, especially one that is new to the club and has a conflicting relationship with the coach. This has been a reason we have played poorly this season.

So we have lynch return somewhere around round 14 (Essendon game i recall). Every person in the state can see that our best structure is walker, jenkins and lynch. Not sanderson, he can't bring himself to drop his friend, just another complete failure by our coach. As a result of this terrible tall structure, podsaidly, lynch and walker perform below standards. Who gets sent back? It was always going to be jenkins or lynch, so it was lynch. The following week we lost to West coast, and lynch is badly missed. Those four points would be useful about now

The past weekend was the final straw. We had tex, yes our best deep forward, playing high half forward, so that a 33 year old can sit in the goal square. The extremely poor performance by pods is irrelevant, its the fact the coach restructures our forward line no matter what, in order to play podsialdy. LJ should have player high half forward, with walker deeper.

Podsiadly averages 14 touches. He manages this by going to defence and getting 6-8 touches from being a loose man. What does this mean? we have a forward who touches the ball 6-8 times up forward every week. He is also a key forward, who averages 1 goal a game. Amazingly, with his low disposal numbers up forward, he has managed to get himself in the top 15 for clangers in the league.

The reasons for his continual selection have increased in humour. It started with he will play until tex returns, then it was he needs to help walker ease back into AFL, then it moved into he allows tex to be isolated, and his poor performances continued until he was getting picked for his 'deft taps'. Now we are at the bottom of the barrel, he is getting picked because there is no one else, despite LJ being ready. He has been selected over lynch, LJ, Mckernan, Kerridge (in place of a small structure), what a waste of a year.

This weeks selection will highlight how backwards we have gone. 40 out of the 41 players on our list would be dropped based on podsiadlys performance on the weekend, but podsiadly is that 1 out of 41 who is in league with the coach.

Continuing to play a 33 year old, for the small hope that we might fall into the finals and make up the numbers, whilst at the same time having lynch dropped, LJ unable to get a game, and Mckernan still having a question mark over his potential. What a * up this has been

I expect LJ and Mckernan to be traded, become good players, or serviceable, and our depth to get weaker and weaker. There has been no positive from the recruitment

it is not the midfielders fault, the forward line is all over the place. Jenkins has no football smarts, and seems to think his role is to rove packs. Podsiadly is a liability with defensive pressure or once the ball hits the ground, and can't last a game. And walker is the most mobile, and the smartest, so he has to play the high half forward role.

We operated at 70% disposal efficiency, and the kicks to our forwards were to advantage most of the time. The forward line and our defence is the reason we lost

The answer to that quesiton is 2014.
He shouldnt play in 2015 except for injury....and I'm a fan of what he brings.
If you think podsaidly will only play in 2015 except for injury, go get your head checked. Next year will be even more painful than this year:D

Lets break this down.

We have recruited a delisted 33 year old, wait no we haven't, lets try that again.

Our 'coach' has given his best friend a two year contract, and in the process destroyed any development we could of gotten into another forward this year, and lost all integrity at the selection table.

I was apprehensive when i saw podsiadly in all the marketing leading up to, and at the start of the season, it showed that he was being used for bums on seats, and would be held to different standards compared to others.

At the start of the year, we lost the first two games badly. Podsiadly was without a doubt, the worst player for us on both occasions. What does the coach do? He drops our leading goal kicker in LJ. A player who needs confidence to play well, had all his confidence drained after two solid performances.

One of jenkins or lynch would have been dropped between rounds 9-11, but fortunately for sanderson, lynch was injured, and he didn't have to make the hard call. Its unfortunate for us, as we would have more evidence that our coach is destroying this team.

Sandos comments around no one being safe, and how players perform or be dropped, is quite laughable. Podsiadly played some extremely poor games in a row, ending with the fremantle game. Any other player, besides tex, would have been shown the door. Its important to keep the same standards for all players, especially one that is new to the club and has a conflicting relationship with the coach. This has been a reason we have played poorly this season.

So we have lynch return somewhere around round 14 (Essendon game i recall). Every person in the state can see that our best structure is walker, jenkins and lynch. Not sanderson, he can't bring himself to drop his friend, just another complete failure by our coach. As a result of this terrible tall structure, podsaidly, lynch and walker perform below standards. Who gets sent back? It was always going to be jenkins or lynch, so it was lynch. The following week we lost to West coast, and lynch is badly missed. Those four points would be useful about now

The past weekend was the final straw. We had tex, yes our best deep forward, playing high half forward, so that a 33 year old can sit in the goal square. The extremely poor performance by pods is irrelevant, its the fact the coach restructures our forward line no matter what, in order to play podsialdy. LJ should have player high half forward, with walker deeper.

Podsiadly averages 14 touches. He manages this by going to defence and getting 6-8 touches from being a loose man. What does this mean? we have a forward who touches the ball 6-8 times up forward every week. He is also a key forward, who averages 1 goal a game. Amazingly, with his low disposal numbers up forward, he has managed to get himself in the top 15 for clangers in the league.

The reasons for his continual selection have increased in humour. It started with he will play until tex returns, then it was he needs to help walker ease back into AFL, then it moved into he allows tex to be isolated, and his poor performances continued until he was getting picked for his 'deft taps'. Now we are at the bottom of the barrel, he is getting picked because there is no one else, despite LJ being ready. He has been selected over lynch, LJ, Mckernan, Kerridge (in place of a small structure), what a waste of a year.

This weeks selection will highlight how backwards we have gone. 40 out of the 41 players on our list would be dropped based on podsiadlys performance on the weekend, but podsiadly is that 1 out of 41 who is in league with the coach.

Continuing to play a 33 year old, for the small hope that we might fall into the finals and make up the numbers, whilst at the same time having lynch dropped, LJ unable to get a game, and Mckernan still having a question mark over his potential. What a * up this has been

I expect LJ and Mckernan to be traded, become good players, or serviceable, and our depth to get weaker and weaker. There has been no positive from the recruitment

Great post.

It was Firrito, not Thompson.

I'm pretty sure Pods is contracted for 2015 but he should only play if Walker or Jenkins are injured.

I'd hope we draft for or draft a tall forward that would also go ahead of him in the queue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously?

The reason we lost to West Coast was we played Pods in front of Lynch?

He'll play all matches next year by the looks of it, they are keen to trade Lynch
Hopefully this is sarcasm because if it occurred, I honestly don't know if I'd bother next year.

Not based on this one decision, but what it epitomises.

Anyway, next time please add the sarcasm emoticon because nothing would surprise me atm!! I'm sure Sando will come out PS and say our charge up the ladder will be led by great improvements in JPod, Reilly and Thompson.

Lynch leaving would not be due to lack of opportunity as we're more than happy to play him when he can stay on the field, so if you're not going to renew your membership over that then I doubt it was something you'd planned on renewing anyways.

I reckon hes been a 7/10 recruit. Has done his job, especially earlier in the year. His form drop off in the second half I blame more on coaching and game plan then JPod.

I reckon hes been a 7/10 recruit. Has done his job, especially earlier in the year. His form drop off in the second half I blame more on coaching and game plan then JPod.
Once again, podsiadlys performance is not his fault lol.

I thought we were scraping the barrel when his selection was based on "no one else to come in", now it's "it's not his fault he is playing badly"

Would there be a player in the clubs history whose poor performance is never attributed to them self? Just astounding

#pods2015

Once again, podsiadlys performance is not his fault lol.

I thought we were scraping the barrel when his selection was based on "no one else to come in", now it's "it's not his fault he is playing badly"

Would there be a player in the clubs history whose poor performance is never attributed to them self? Just astounding

#pods2015

Our over use of Handball and Sideways chip kicks does not work well when we have 3 Key Forwards in the Forward line. JPod has far outperformed Jenkins from about Round 16 onwards i reckon.
Should we play a more direct brand of Footy i am sure a 3 tall forward line could work. We havent and it clogs up the forward line allowing players to peel off double teaming the likes of Jpod Jenkins and Walker.

And how did the coaching and game plan change from earlier in the year? I suppose the drop off couldn't have had anything to do with the season catching up on a 33 year old body. Should the game plan have been changed around the limitations of our 33yo recruit? Really hard to understand what you're actually trying to say here. Unless you're saying that his form dropped off when he shouldn't have been selected at all and that is the fault of the coaches. We'd be in strong agreement if that's what you're getting at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back