Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

The beauty of Bishop and Credlin is they don't work together, just get the popcorn and watch the sideshow.

187.gif

I've got my money on Bishop.

Tough girl Jules.

Just out of interest...

Has anyone ever got a birthday card (and letter) from their local State or Federal member?

Coz I got one this year. First time for everything...

IMAG1622.jpg

The seat of Fisher after a very tight by-election result was officially declared for the ALP's Nat Cook by 23 votes. Now for the recount and legal challenge!

The result which looked a formality on the night of the vote turned on its head as pre-poll votes counted in the first couple of days ran so strongly in favour of the Lib candidate Heidi Harris that she briefly took the lead.

The pre-poll votes were completely at odds with the voting on the day and makes you wonder how much effect Defence Minister David Johnston's comments about not trusting SA'ns to build a canoe had on the local election result - assuming the pre-poll votes were before that infamous comment was uttered.

The Australian of the Year Awards, Tony Abbott left wondering how all these women found the time between ironing and cleaning. ;)

In all seriousness, congratulations to to Rosie Batty, such a brave response to such a terrible loss.

Oh and congratulations to Prince Philip for his knighthood from Our Tone. How could he have been overlooked for so long? o_O

Tone cant get his right wing catholic agenda - like banning abortions - up because there would a riot but he knows he can bypass parliament and get his right wing Monarchy ideas up by giving eminent people a knighthood. Its anacronistic but inoffensive. The mad munk is kneeling down and kissing the ring on the Cardinal's right hand - following the old traditions.

The Australian of the Year Awards, Tony Abbott left wondering how all these women found the time between ironing and cleaning. ;)

In all seriousness, congratulations to to Rosie Batty, such a brave response to such a terrible loss.

Oh and congratulations to Prince Philip for his knighthood from Our Tone. How could he have been overlooked for so long? o_O

Tone is far more stupid than I thought. Who else would get Australia Day and April Fools Day mixed up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the swings in Queensland seats have me expecting Wayne Swan to start singing Wrecking Ball #amiright RussellEbertHandball ?

It's looking like Labor will win the Queensland election. They held 9 seats in an 89 seat parliament at the start of the night.

Wayne never used the wrecking ball analogy but with 20% swings in about a dozen seats the Labor party borrowed the wrecking ball the LNP used in 2012. Anthony Green closed the ABC's coverage with Labor 43, LNP 40, Katter Party 2 , Independent (long term) 1 and too close to call 3. A majority is 45. Will probably be 10 days before a new government will be formed either Labor + others or LNP + others. There will be a recount in a few seats. About 1/4 of the votes are pre poll votes or postal votes which all add to the delay.

Can do Campbell Newman lost his seat and had a 10% swing against him. Looks like state wide swing was 12%.

The professional pundits will have their say but the message of this election and the last 18 months is dont bullshit to the electorate and treat us like *en idiots and expect to be re-elected - no matter how big your majority.

Wayne may not have used the simile but The Age took it on. ABC at the close of the night was predicting 48 seats for Labor. Some of the swings were phenomenal, 20+%.

Abbott Wrecking Ball

The news for Abbott's PMship was hardly heartening.

Abbott reels
In a devastating national poll conducted by Galaxy for News Corp papers that will further embolden the Prime Minister's internal critics, the Coalition trailed Labor 43-57 in the two-party-preferred vote.

The ALP led the Coalition 43-36 in the primary vote, while Opposition Leader Bill Shorten enjoyed a 44-27 lead of Mr Abbott as preferred prime minister.
Abbott reels

Ha ha saw Turnbull's speech from LA a couple of days ago about leadership. Advocating everything Tony doesnt do. Tony likes 3 word slogans to sum up things. Mine for him is - s**t for Brains.

Pal-a-shay.
A labor federal member on ABC last night explained how he worked out how to spell her name - Palaszczuk
Pala
sydney zoo
canberra zoo
UK

Last edited:
Meanwhile in *PAF territory the last night toppled Chief Minister has been reinstated and his usurper named as his deputy. Only in the land of the NT News, crocs and thongs. ;)

Adam Giles to remain NT Chief Minister

Remove this Banner Ad

Back