Prediction Poll: Will Blakely and/or Weller debut before Round 5

Poll: Will Blakely and/or Weller debut before Round 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope they see a fair few games this season. No disrespect to them. Weller isn't a physically strong big mid. A few more seasons in the gym and he will be cherry ripe. No rush for him and Blakely. Blakely does have a good physique though. I just don't want them picking up injuries from not being ready. Skills wise they both look the goods.
Agree. As much as I'd love to see Weller playing in the 1's Freo need to think long term and look out for his body, particularly his shoulders. I see his first year playing out something like brad hill's.

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/117265/Bradley-HILL

If Blakely doesn't debut this week then it's even less likely he plays next week.

I rather he play WAFL than come in towards the end of the season, as I have no doubt players like Suban will drop off end of season and cost us big time in finals.

Calling the training watchers knobs is mutually exclusive from Blakely's performance. Take the Crowley drug issue. Assertions were thick and fast from those who attend training that he was 'depressed', and the people who suggested it might be drug related (JamFrank among others) was attacked by those same venerated (on this board only) training watchers

salim malik gets one right after years of getting it wrong. Well done.

Idiot will be an idiot.He who is clogged up with minimal knowledge should keep his keyboard quiet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez we are really getting abit seduced here with these two young blokes...

Blakely looks closer than Weller but we have half a dozen AFL experienced players trying to crack into the 22 who are miles ahead of them. Whilst they both show promise and it bodes fantastically well for the future, it doesn't mean they are ready made and walk up best 22 because they went early and we have seen they can actually kick a ball and run abit??
Looks like I was pretty spot on after all. There was always going to be improvement from those just outside the squad desperate to crack in, and I thin k we are now reaping the benefits of backing those guys in (As I stated at the time, Subes, MDB, C.Pearce, Sheridan, Crozier etc) over the shiny new kids. Was a very unpopular opinion at the time, but haven't heard too many screaming for either to get a game lately... :D

If they are better players already then it's either very good for Fremantle or very bad for Sheridan/Crozier.

Point I was making is that Sheridan and Crozier have done everything asked of them (not to mention their 3 years in the system), unfortunately they just copped injuries at the wrong time. They should still be next in line, and from all reports they are, based on preseason and WAFL form.

Point I was making is that Sheridan and Crozier have done everything asked of them (not to mention their 3 years in the system),
I believe that was my point all along. Which I was ridiculed for at the time.

Back