Port Adelaide Vs Sydney Swans ROUND 13 @ AAMI

Remove this Banner Ad

Just heard on the Interweb media that Port beat Sydney inside 50's in the second half by 34 to 12.

It didn't look that one sided at the game, but forgive me for the wow!!!

Just heard on the Interweb media that Port beat Sydney inside 50's in the second half by 34 to 12.

Won everything bar tackles by 1 or something, awesome

IT looked that one sided watching on the telly. You guys drove it forward with good old fashion guts/will power and than won it on the ground. Play like that for the rest of the season your going to make the 8.

Just finished watching it, Swans didn't do a whole lot wrong, Port's pressure was just spot on, especially in that last half. Picked a side suited to the conditions, didn't give up easy kicks and could have won by more in the end. Great stuff!

Bigger upset than the Dons losing to the Lions? Great to see the Port fans celebrating when they had it won, a supporter base that deserves to cheer more than most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet last weekend, under a roof without rain and bitterly cold wind, the mighty Pies and Dogs got exactly double that crowd.

You go champ! :thumbsu:
You can see a pattern here.....

16k crowd is a really poor effort from port supporters

Not making excuses, but Saturday arvos (especially early) have always been our worst time slot. Many families have their own sporting commitment on Saturday, so they can't make the games. The bad weather (raining constant 12 hours before the game) made it worse.

Saturday twilight games would be better, give people enough time to meet their sporting commitments and then attend the game. I saw several people actually getting changed out of their muddy football gear in the car park 20 minutes before the bounce.

yep.. DOUBLE the crowd at a ground most collingwood supporters hate ;)

Well, if we're going to go down that road, Port supporters hate AAMI and 12:30PM time slots.

You are just arguing for the sake of it.. port's crowds have been poor and collingwood's are excellent.

you're also arguing for the sake of it too, and how many early Sat afternoon games do have this year?

And is the first time since 1997, that the imbeciles at the SANFL scheduled a Port Magpies match at the same time. I know of a few times that this was originally planned but the the home clubs (North, Eagles and Glenelg IIRC) swapped at their request to the Sunday. Yesterdays match at Elizabeth wasn't on the ABC, so what logic is there to have a Port v Centrals match at the same time as a power home game. Its just so moronically dumb I'm lost for words

I was referring to the pre game expectations of Sydney, these are games you shouldn't drop particularly as the top 4 is still up for grabs and getting tighter. Geelong need to be on the ball tomorrow too.

OK it was unexpected that's for sure. But Swans have that disease the Hawks have , "having bye syndrome".

Dom Cassisi deserves some serious love, absolutely fabulous game yesterday. Copped that sickening blow to the head, and it just seemed to fire him up more.

That multiple effort scramble by him that led to the handball out the back to Cornes may have been the turning point in the game. Brilliant stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back