Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
Is there a clear indication on the number of F/S and academy picks that will be in the first round?

If we have pick 9, 11 and 15. Is there a possibility that 9 would only drop one and the others more? Dependent on when the bids come?

Is there a clear indication on the number of F/S and academy picks that will be in the first round?

If we have pick 9, 11 and 15. Is there a possibility that 9 would only drop one and the others more? Dependent on when the bids come?
Looks like maximum two in the top 10 and a couple towards 20 at this stage. Hopefully they make the rule changes for this year at least and start getting teams paying an actual fair price

Looks like maximum two in the top 10 and a couple towards 20 at this stage. Hopefully they make the rule changes for this year at least and start getting teams paying an actual fair price

Are you missing one out of Ashcroft, Lombard and Welsh? They are ranked 3, 8, 12 in latest ESPN phantom. Campo twins are 14 and 19.

Then there's also FA compo, and the talk is clubs going a bit crazy with the increased salary cap.

I reckon Zurharr is definitely gone, and the AFL will cook the mystery formula to hand out the top compo to North and they might have pick 1 and pick 2. Would be laughable.

Haven't heard much about English to WC, but they must be going hard for him behind the scenes?

McCluggage ... Fox is reporting offers of $1.3 million per year on a long contract. Can't see Brisbane matching that, and he would be crazy to refuse that kind of money.

Are you missing one out of Ashcroft, Lombard and Welsh? They are ranked 3, 8, 12 in latest ESPN phantom. Campo twins are 14 and 19.

Then there's also FA compo, and the talk is clubs going a bit crazy with the increased salary cap.

I reckon Zurharr is definitely gone, and the AFL will cook the mystery formula to hand out the top compo to North and they might have pick 1 and pick 2. Would be laughable.

Haven't heard much about English to WC, but they must be going hard for him behind the scenes?

McCluggage ... Fox is reporting offers of $1.3 million per year on a long contract. Can't see Brisbane matching that, and he would be crazy to refuse that kind of money.

Surely they can't give North anything more? They just need time from here.

Zurharr - what will he be worth picks wise? A second rounder in a trade maybe?

Fine. Carlton can win but i won't like it.
Carlton win helping push our cases for a better pick off Collingwood who also stutter and stall after this round 8 clash, then go on a disastrous losing streak dumping them out of finals right next to the beloved Collingwood, making us enjoy "death riding" Carlton even though we don't have any of their picks. Every cloud has a purple lining... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twins. So ****ed. Especially after they stole our academy picks

Surely they can't give North anything more? They just need time from here.

Zurharr - what will he be worth picks wise? A second rounder in a trade maybe?

"They" have an executive general manager of football in Laura Kane (who has a major say in all of this and is the one front and centre when these things are announced). And her stepping stone into the boys' club was working as the Head of Football Operations at North Melbourne.

I doubt they give them any more priority picks. But the FA compo presents the perfect chance to get around that. Just like last year with McKay, when they made sure that North got pick 3 for him.

Just trying to do my bit...

Thing about their season so far is they have actually been really healthy which gives me continued hope that they wont make the 8 - EVERYONE gets injuries eventually, especially an older list

Thing about their season so far is they have actually been really healthy which gives me continued hope that they wont make the 8 - EVERYONE gets injuries eventually, especially an older list
Collingwood have an average age of 25.7 years (as as of round 1 this year) By the end of this year if Walters and O'Meara aren't in our best 22 like I'll predict we will only has one player over 30 and less than half a dozen players over the average age of Collingwoods list average age in our best team.

Looking at the ladder and it's very annoying Brisbane couldnt wait a year before dieing. Maybe Adelaide keep turning it around now Tex is back but at the moment we are relying on Us, Essendon and Gold Coast to keep Pies out of the 8 (Dogs seem like they are a month or so away from imploding). That is not 3 teams I feel comfortable relying on

Looking at the ladder and it's very annoying Brisbane couldnt wait a year before dieing. Maybe Adelaide keep turning it around now Tex is back but at the moment we are relying on Us, Essendon and Gold Coast to keep Pies out of the 8 (Dogs seem like they are a month or so away from imploding). That is not 3 teams I feel comfortable relying on
knock knock

rumour has it degoey has osteitis pubis

knock knock

rumour has it degoey has osteitis pubis
Yeah I saw that and I hope DeGoey takes the time to get that right, dont want to jeopardise a career and come back too quickly...

I'd enjoy Collingwood winning more than Carlton winning, or should I say, I'd enjoy seeing Carlton lose more than I'd enjoy a slightly better draft pick.

Especially if we end up with Carlton's pick anyway.
This. Cannot support Carnton under any circumstances. Sorry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back