Game Day Port v Hawthorn, ANZAC Day 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Unbelievable!!! We beat the Hawks with no Robbie and no Ollie!!!

Unreal!!!!!

How good were Hawthorn? To bad for our guys they played well but can take some consolation that we won on the score board but Hawthorn really just dominated all game and deserved to win the actual game! Better luck next week. :)

In reality, the hard game last week, plus Lobbe out of condition due to his injury and without experience in Gray and White, made that a very good win. It doesn't matter when you kick the goals. We did enough in that first half to get over the line.

Relieved and satisfied. Hopefully, we can back it up against the tingles next week. We'll have to show a lot more composure than we did in that second half.

I am worried about our fitness as we slowed down so much in the last quarter. But many wrote us off in this game and with 2 of our best players out today we did really well. I'm rapt with this game

went to defensive we would have scored more if we left shultz inside 50...which i have said a million times but ken keeps pushing our forwards up the ground.

You and me both, I counted 3 kicks to nothing in the last quarter. All it takes it one target at home to steady the game for us.

Thank f**k for that.

Great win, but f**k me how did we drop a 58 point lead.

We were missing our two best inside clearance mids? Might have something to do with it.

We've played Fremantle away, Sydney then North. The three top five sides from last year. Might also have something to do with it.

We played the reigning premiers who have too much pride to be rolled by that margin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we had rolled Hawthorn for 80 points I'd be worried about us next week. Only thing better than a loss you can learn from is a win you can learn from.

Port Adelaide v Hawthorn @ Adelaide Oval ANZAC Day 2015, 7.10pm

Last time ... that game

Weather: Partly cloudy. A high (70%) chance of showers, mostly about the hills and southern suburbs. Winds southerly 25 to 35 km/h, max 17 degrees

Teams
PORT ADELAIDE

B Jack Hombsch, Alipate Carlile, Jackson Trengove
HB Jasper Pittard, Tom Jonas, Matthew Broadbent
C Jared Polec, Brad Ebert, Kane Mitchell
HF Angus Monfries, Justin Westhoff, Chad Wingard
F Patrick Ryder, Jay Schulz, Matt White
FOLL Matthew Lobbe, Travis Boak, Hamish Hartlett
I/C Nathan Krakouer, Aaron Young, Brendon Ah Chee, Kane Cornes
EMG Cam O'Shea, Jake Neade, Paul Stewart
IN Matthew Lobbe, Kane Cornes
OUT Robbie Gray, Ollie Wines (wrist)

HAWTHORN
B Shaun Burgoyne, Brian Lake, Taylor Duryea
HB Grant Birchall, Josh Gibson, Ben Stratton
C Isaac Smith, Sam Mitchell, Matthew Suckling
HF Will Langford, Jack Gunston, Bradley Hill
F Luke Breust, Jarryd Roughead, Cyril Rioli
FOLL Jonathon Ceglar, Luke Hodge, Jordan Lewis
I/C Brendan Whitecross, Ben McEvoy, Paul Puopolo, Billy Hartung
EMG Ryan Schoenmakers, Jonathan Simpkin, Jed Anderson
IN Bradley Hill
OUT Jed Anderson

Record v Hawthorn
P29 W16 L13

LAST FIVE TIMES
2PF, 2014, Hawthorn 15.7 (97) d Port Adelaide 13.16 (94) at the MCG
R10, 2014, Port Adelaide 15.10 (100) d Hawthorn 13.8 (86) at Adelaide Oval
R16, 2013, Hawthorn 19.10 (124) d Port Adelaide 12.7 (79) at AAMI Stadium
R20, 2012, Hawthorn 24.15 (159) d Port Adelaide 13.9 (87) at Aurora Stadium
R11, 2012, Hawthorn 16.12 (108) d Port Adelaide 9.8 (62) at AAMI Stadium

A song

And now, it's ANZAC Day, John Schumann will be headlining the Hong Kong Football club event.

Wowie , fantastic game, Port, congratulations . Ran out of legs a bit in the second half when Hawks decided to challenge , but you guys are great.

I think we have sussed you after tonight , we'll be ready next time. So will you I guess.

You have a beautiful home ground there too. The fans right behind you as well, your are real contenders this will be good year. .

I'm proud of my boys coming home you just had too much for us tonight, the mighty Hawks, but the better side won tonight , congratulations.

See you in September. Go Hawks!!!

What a great victory.... last year against Hawks how many did they have out? We went understrength, against the wall, missing arguably 2 of our best 5 and came away with the W.... very impressive and happy :)

Last edited:
perspective - two of our best inside mids and game winners out against an in form back to back premier.

Perspective - We built a large enough lead that we still won. Four points is still four points.
Not all wins are four quarter performances as this (still) amazing win attests too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back