Game Day Port v Sydney @ SCG, Round 14 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

shTnMPZ.gif

A game
Poulton wins it after the siren (at 1.12 of clip)

Weather: Max 17 partly cloudy

Teams
POWER

B: J.Hombsch, A.Carlile, J.Impey
HB: J.Trengove, T.Jonas, J.Pittard
C: S.Colquhoun, M.Broadbent, B.Ebert
HF: R.Gray, J.Westhoff, C.Wingard
F: T.Boak, J.Schulz, P.Ryder
Foll: M.Lobbe, H.Hartlett, O.Wines
Inter: A.Monfries, B.Ah Chee, N.Krakouer, A.Moore

Emer: J.Neade, P.Stewart, K.Amon
In: P.Ryder
Out: K.Mitchell

SWANS

B: N.Smith, T.Richards, R.Shaw
HB: J.Laidler, H.Grundy, D.Rampe
C: J.McVeigh, J.P.Kennedy, J.Lloyd
HF: L.Parker, S.Reid, L.Jetta
F: H.Cunningham, A.Goodes, G.Rohan
Foll: M.Pyke, K.Jack, D.Hannebery
Inter: Z.Jones, T.Mitchell, T.Nankervis, D.Towers

Emer: G.Hewett, B.Jack, X.Richards
In: T.Nankervis, D.Towers, M.Pyke
Out: L.Franklin (suspended), K.Tippett (suspended), T.Derickx
New: T.Nankervis (North Launceston)

Record v Swans: P25 W7 L18

LAST FIVE TIMES
R2, 2015, Sydney Swans 14.8 (92) d Port Adelaide 6.8 (44) at Adelaide Oval
R20, 2014, Sydney Swans 12.12 (84) d Port Adelaide 7.16 (58) at Adelaide Oval
R13, 2014, Sydney Swans 14.14 (98) d Port Adelaide 13.16 (94) at the SCG
R13, 2013, Port Adelaide 10.12 (72) d Sydney Swans 8.6 (54) at AAMI Stadium
R3, 2012, Sydney Swans 16.9 (105) d Port Adelaide 12.11 (83) at AAMI Stadium

A song
It is a fine line between pleasure and pain

Checked out the boys yesterday at SCG training. Looked sharp and energised. Bring that to the game tonight, we'll win!

Ted Richards looked very ordinary last week against the tiggers, Reiwoldt put a space on him a number of times and scored goals, maybe Schulzy can do something similar tonight. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every game this year I have watched teams successfully come to play Port - clog the corridor, spares down back, work our forwards into defence and so on. Meanwhile, each week Port appear to come and play themselves - are we brave enough? tackle hard enough? run hard enough? I sincerely hope that we instead come to play Sydney tonight, exploit their temporary lack of forward line and stretch their tall defenders with the inclusion of Ryder for Mitchell. In short work a structure that hurts Sydney specifically. Pound for pound we have the cattle that can beat Sydney, just need them to perform and be deployed properly (and flexibly) if plan A does not work.

Hate Thursday night games, unless they are away and I have nothing on because I've hurt my back :).

We will win this in a close one both with sub 90 scores.

We are going to need to lift all over the ground to win this one. The outs for Sydney must help but there style of play kills us every time. We need to find a way around this sort of game plan to be a force again in this comp.

The way i see it we are damned if we do damned if we don't with tonights game, we win the kamry korp™ media will say we were gifted this game by the MRP, lose and can't even without the bondi billionaires herpy derpy.

Honestly swans by 30+, can't see Ryder having that big an impact on the teams performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back