Port vs Hawks ANZAC Day Advice

Remove this Banner Ad

happy_hawks

Debutant
Oct 14, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi Port fans. Pardon the intusion on your board but I'm after some advice.

I've recently sorted flights to Adelaide with the intention of heading to the block buster ANZAC clash between our two great clubs. First question is how difficult is it to get tickets to big games at Adelaide Oval? Hopefully if I get them as soon as they are on sale I'll be right?

Second question is where best to sit? My girlfriend will be joining me for what will be her first AFL game live. Ordinarily I'd happily get amongst it with the more 'vocal' home fans and cop what may come my way, but I'm not sure she'd enjoy it. Probably best to ease her into the footy experience in a family friendly area.

Any sections you'd recommend, avoid or will any area be ok?

This will be my first game at AO, can't wait to experience the unique atmosphere. Promises to be one of the games of the season!

If you get in early on your club's allocation I'm sure you'll be fine.

The obnoxious ferals exist but they're few and far between. Aside from obviously avoiding the hill, I don't think you're more or less likely to find dickheads in one section than any other.

Being a blockbuster night game held on a public holiday your bound to get the odd tosser or two. 'The Hill' will have a few dickheads here and there, but generally even this section of the crowd is well behaved. Don't leave it too late in organising tickets, as this prime time matchup speaks for itself. Port by 14 points.

We gave up our regular seats and went to the Port v Hawks game last year at AO with Hawks supporting mates from melbourne, they purchased the tickets through your club...
Sat in the eastern stand near the corporates, the tickets weren't cheap, he paid around $70 each off memory, but the majority were Hawks fans in that area...
Just purchase the seats through the Hawks and you'll more than likely be sitting with your own supporters...

No issues with tickets, as you said; buy as soon as possible. Although memberships and priority seating is ruining sport for the masses by pricing out the lower classes.

I don't believe the hill is that bad, I find it communal and offers a different experience. The hill offers a fantastic opportunity to learn about human nature and draw meaningful inferences about contemporary Australian society. A Nietzschean perspective on viewing football here is particularly valuable if your S.O is a member of the intelligentsia.

Also, don't drink the water in Adelaide.

..... First question is how difficult is it to get tickets to big games at Adelaide Oval? Hopefully if I get them as soon as they are on sale I'll be right? ...
Join your cheer squad, they will have a limited allocation to away games. Although it may already be fully committed for this game.
The only other way to get tickets for this certain to be sold-out game will be to
a. buy a couple of PAFC 3-game memberships and get there early
b. join in a GF type mad scramble for very limited general admission tickets that will be available.
..... Second question is where best to sit? My girlfriend will be joining me for what will be her first AFL game live. Ordinarily I'd happily get amongst it with the more 'vocal' home fans and cop what may come my way, but I'm not sure she'd enjoy it. Probably best to ease her into the footy experience in a family friendly area.

Any sections you'd recommend, avoid or will any area be ok? ......
If you get cheer squad tickets they will be in the seated area at the northern (old scoreboard) end. If you don't and somehow are successful in one of the other ways I suggested you will be in the nearby standing area also at the northern end. But don't worry too much the equivalent game last year was a giant friendly party. There's always the %^&$s from any club's support base who can make attendance problematic but it's unlikely.

Hahaha I was waiting for it.Gotta end the 0-2 travel record sometime that will be the perfect occasion.Also doing the round 17 vs Essendon at Etihad with a mate who's a Essendon fan have apprehensions about that trip
I'll be o/s for the Hawks game. Maybe you there, me not there will break your curse. You can do the same curse-breaking favour for me at the Essendon game as I'm also going to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be o/s for the Hawks game. Maybe you there, me not there will break your curse. You can do the same curse-breaking favour for me at the Essendon game as I'm also going to that.

Might do the trick there.The Essendon one I'll be in amongst the Essendon faithful as my mate is a Essendon member and going with him.If Paddy tears them up I may not make it alive I feel.Also saved all my annual leave and hard earned in case we get deep into September again.Planned it all out in early January.

I'm going o/s as well for a few games but the Hawks one will be my last before I leave. Only miss one home game, though.

Hi Port fans. Pardon the intusion on your board but I'm after some advice.

I've recently sorted flights to Adelaide with the intention of heading to the block buster ANZAC clash between our two great clubs. First question is how difficult is it to get tickets to big games at Adelaide Oval? Hopefully if I get them as soon as they are on sale I'll be right?

Second question is where best to sit? My girlfriend will be joining me for what will be her first AFL game live. Ordinarily I'd happily get amongst it with the more 'vocal' home fans and cop what may come my way, but I'm not sure she'd enjoy it. Probably best to ease her into the footy experience in a family friendly area.

Any sections you'd recommend, avoid or will any area be ok?

This will be my first game at AO, can't wait to experience the unique atmosphere. Promises to be one of the games of the season!

Said a PM to Adelaide Hawk. You should know him from the Hawthorn bigfooty board. He will know if there is a supporter group in Adelaide, if they get an allocation, and what the best process was for Hawks fans to have purchased a ticket for the rd 10 game last year when 52.2k turned up. It will be tougher this year for a non member to get a ticket, so a long term Adelaide based Hawks fan probably would give you the best advice.

Hahaha I was waiting for it.Gotta end the 0-2 travel record sometime that will be the perfect occasion.Also doing the round 17 vs Essendon at Etihad with a mate who's a Essendon fan have apprehensions about that trip

Last year I saw both Swans losses, Collingwood at the G and the preliminary ... All losses ... These were the only games I attended.

... keep me away from the Hawks game ... I'm planning to go :)

Last year I saw both Swans losses, Collingwood at the G and the preliminary ... All losses ... These were the only games I attended.

Make sure you give both Showdowns a miss......

Dear God, you and AdamMarrett at the same game!!!

Bloody hell I thought my track record was bad haha

A work colleague went to the 1984 GF ... His first ... vowed never to go again to a GF ... As far as I know he hadn't gone to any up til and Inc 2004...

I then lost touch with him ... I suspect he went to 2007 :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back