Autopsy Positives/Negatives

Remove this Banner Ad

Earlier in this thread I wrote about how pumped Fyfe was after the match.
There is an angle in this vid I hadn't seen before at 40 seconds when Neale kicks the winner.
Check out Fyfe's reaction! He was more pumped than I've ever seen him in this game.
He is a match winner.

that is a pure " thank f**KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!"

Earlier in this thread I wrote about how pumped Fyfe was after the match.
There is an angle in this vid I hadn't seen before at 40 seconds when Neale kicks the winner.
Check out Fyfe's reaction! He was more pumped than I've ever seen him in this game.
He is a match winner.

As much as Wood gets maligned for that kick, I reckon he was trying to get it to Gibbs. If Gibbs had gone hard at the ball rather than pulling out, I reckon he would have got it too. Perhaps not enough has been pointed at how soft GIbbs was in that instance.

As much as Wood gets maligned for that kick, I reckon he was trying to get it to Gibbs. If Gibbs had gone hard at the ball rather than pulling out, I reckon he would have got it too. Perhaps not enough has been pointed at how soft GIbbs was in that instance.

Not sure what you're looking at, but from what I can see Gibbs had no chance of getting that.

Not sure what you're looking at, but from what I can see Gibbs had no chance of getting that.
He watches the ball rather than backing back with the flight of the ball. At the 17s and 22s mark you can see he makes the choice of turning around rather than going back hard. I think that if he goes back rather than turning he impacts the contest. At would also mean he could have got an arm up to try and stop the ball. Instead, he ends up with the arms around his waist, whilst doing a pirouette.

Neale probably still marks it but at least with some implied pressure. Gibbs option of turning, gave the opportunity for an uncontested mark with nobody applying any pressure. It was a low percentage play by Wood but I reckon as a senior player Gibbs choice the wrong option.

He watches the ball rather than backing back with the flight of the ball. At the 17s and 22s mark you can see he makes the choice of turning around rather than going back hard. I think that if he goes back rather than turning he impacts the contest. At would also mean he could have got an arm up to try and stop the ball. Instead, he ends up with the arms around his waist, whilst doing a pirouette.

Neale probably still marks it but at least with some implied pressure. Gibbs option of turning, gave the opportunity for an uncontested mark with nobody applying any pressure. It was a low percentage play by Wood but I reckon as a senior player Gibbs choice the wrong option.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think Gibbs had any chance of getting that, it was just too far from him and his momentum was going in the other direction. Probably should have handballed it to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back