Possible betting scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Hunter just doesn't take training seriously. It's all speculation of course but if he's suspended for a month due to being late for training then there either must be a history or other mitigating factors.

From memory when lachie came to the club there were indications that he hasn't trained very hard or taken it very seriously when a junior. He's just taken a bit to mature with respect to professionalism. He'll probably be alright... Still getting there.

From memory when lachie came to the club there were indications that he hasn't trained very hard or taken it very seriously when a junior. He's just taken a bit to mature with respect to professionalism. He'll probably be alright... Still getting there.
You can bet on that!

Media outlets ran with this and then dropped it like a bad habit.

I think that's probably one of the positives of being a "small club." If it was Collingwood or Essendon they'd probably still be all over it.

Pretty much this.

Stupid young kid that would rather go to the pub and live off his fame as a made footballer gets the shock of his life.

His father was much the same apparently, lucky for him that when he played drinking a six pack after the game was acceptable

THE two players at the centre of the Western Bulldogs betting controversy could both be cleared.

Senior forward Lachie Hunter has claimed VFL-listed player David Iaccarino used Hunter’s betting account to place a wager on a Dogs’ preseason game.

The bet was made on the Dogs to lose their second NAB Challenge match against Melbourne.

Hunter, who was not playing in the match due to an unrelated club-imposed suspension, notified the club as soon as he was made aware of the bet.

VFL players are not banned from betting on AFL games, but the AFL could revise those regulations following this incident.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/tw...-both-be-cleared/story-fndv8weh-1227275390284

THE two players at the centre of the Western Bulldogs betting controversy could both be cleared.
tumblr_mo281qb6DL1s9snzmo1_500.gif

*you have to picture the sanctimonious Essendon/Carlton/North supporters standing outside the building

David - if you were making a comment on the perils of punting I'd be inclined to listen!
However your unsubstantiated claims about Hunter and his old man are just pernicious garbage.
Hunter junior is working hard at making a success of his career at the dogs and and there has been no suggestion that he was late for training because he was down the Pub! His dad was without doubt one of the best one-on-one defenders this club has ever had, quite regularly taking Peter Daicos to the cleaners.

Pretty much this.

Stupid young kid that would rather go to the pub and live off his fame as a made footballer gets the shock of his life.

His father was much the same apparently, lucky for him that when he played drinking a six pack after the game was acceptable

David - if you were making a comment on the perils of punting I'd be inclined to listen!
However your unsubstantiated claims about Hunter and his old man are just pernicious garbage.
Hunter junior is working hard at making a success of his career at the dogs and and there has been no suggestion that he was late for training because he was down the Pub! His dad was without doubt one of the best one-on-one defenders this club has ever had, quite regularly taking Peter Daicos to the cleaners.

Thanks for noting my name

The "pub accusation", as it were, is more of a comment on the mindset that all young footballers begin with, such as Liberatore.

He will mature.

As for his father, a great club man he was, but he has let himself go in his latter years. His handicap on the course has worsened too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mind the month suspension for being late, yeah it's harsh but we're trying to set standards for our young group nice and early. I'm okay with that.

Good to hear he dominated the 2s, I think we forget just how good he was before stepping up to the AFL. The kids ******* talented.

(until til his hamstrings would give up every 4 weeks...well that is what it seemed like to me as a 13 yo spectator)

Pretty much this.

That was the quota before leaving the changeroom back then!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back