Post 2012 Supercoach questions here (Opposition supporters welcome)

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely in our best 22, he's one who brings the hardness that Neeld has been after all pre-season. Plus he's just a good player.

He's a legend, but not a SC'er - he doesn't kick the ball!!!

How likely is it that Magner will be upgraded off the rookie list and play Round 1? Had an impressive couple of games last weekend.

Thoughts on Petterd. I know he's had injuries in the past but seemed to me his body wasn't big enough. That looks fixed now. Reckon he could have a break out year

No doubt his body is looking better than ever, and he should finally get a whole season in fingers crossed. Not sure about break-out though, he will play mainly as a forward with a few stints on the wing, and unless he consistently produces the sort of tackle numbers he had at times last year, his role may not be high-scoring enough to warrant selection. He may also play defensive roles at times.

Excited about his potential though.

Tapscott is a tough one zan5hin, in more ways than one. All we know is that he hasn't had a full pre-season, as you say, but we haven't really heard much more than the 'modified program' stuff.

I believe that Tapscott has had an interrupted pre-season, because he had another op. to clean up the hip after the op the previous season. Precautionary.

Will have a better idea of where he is if we get to see him against that Hawks.

What are the chances of Couch getting upgraded and playing enough games to justify sc selection?

Cheers:thumbsu:
Read the thread... You just have to wait until it's decided, Neeld says it won't be known till after the NAB finishes so watch with content next week

Can someone elaborate on Tapscott's pre-season? It was mentioned recently that he is on a modified program....I am looking at him as my 6th defender.
Much better, cheaper options avaliable... Even at his peak Tapscott won't be scoring much more than 70-80 and thats after he gets going, better off looking at someone looking to tear it up from the get go

I'm not sure about your teams LTI's or Veteran numbers, but will you be upgrading a rookie before round one??

And am I right in thinking you would upgrade Magner? Looks like you've found a bit of a player there

I'm not sure about your teams LTI's or Veteran numbers, but will you be upgrading a rookie before round one??

And am I right in thinking you would upgrade Magner? Looks like you've found a bit of a player there

We should rename this thread the "Of course we're upgrading Magner before Round 1, so please stop asking"

But FYI: We have 3 (2 x LTI and 1 x Veteran), so Couch is in the mix too.

Wasn't too hard to spot the BnF for Sandy with the most disposals, clearances and contested possies in the entire VFL for 2011.

He is a deadset gun and is this years Barlow (hopefully minus the break)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok a few of questions relating to Melbourne players...

Jack Grimes - What's the duration of his shoulder injury havn't seen any reports on it, is he still likely for round one?

Magner - Broken finger, i notice he is still in a few sides, I havn't seen any report on him either.

Couch - If he is elevated, do you think he will play many games?

Ok a few of questions relating to Melbourne players...

Jack Grimes - What's the duration of his shoulder injury havn't seen any reports on it, is he still likely for round one?

Magner - Broken finger, i notice he is still in a few sides, I havn't seen any report on him either.

Couch - If he is elevated, do you think he will play many games?

Grimes will be close to playing this week, if not ready for round 1.

Nothing on Magner yet, although Neeld on MFC.com said he's still in the mix for R1. If fit will play.

Couch is an interesting one. If he is elevated for an LTI then you would assume the intention is to play him. I have in my side on the bench at this stage, but with Magner playing almost the same role it's hard to see them both getting a go.

This is a DT question as I couldn't find a DT thread. What's the word on Josh Tynan? I seen he scored 34 from 34% game time, Is he any chance to play round 1?

Cheers :thumbsu:

Was this in the Port game?

He's looking ok for a first year late pick - but Id hold off from a DT or SC perspective at this point. It is highly unlikely he will play more than 10 games. I would be surprised if he is picked for round 1 despite a decent NAB showing.

Hey Dee's supporters, was trying to find a best 22 thread but couldn't see one. Just wondering if Cale Morton is in your best 22? If so, what position is he likely to play and what might his DT average be? I know he hurt his knee at home somehow, but I'd love you hear some of your thoughts about his upcoming season. Cheers :)

Due to Sylvia now being injured, does this mean Couch has more chance of getting games now ?

I think Couch is definitely in the mix, this may make it harder to fully judge though...... will he play 2-3 games then get dumped when Sylvia returns?

If he gets upgraded i will consider him, and i can see him getting opportunities, but just not sure if he will get a consistent run of 7-10 games at the start of the year if we have other midfielder available.

eg. Magner, Jones, Mckenzie, Bail, moloney, Bate, Trengove, petterd

This is more general than SC/DT related.

How is Cale Morton's development coming along?

I haven't seen much of him at all this pre-season and believe he didn't play on the weekend.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on what the expectations of him this year are?

I haven't seen much of him at all this pre-season and believe he didn't play on the weekend.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on what the expectations of him this year are?

He has become somewhat of the MFC whipping boy, which is either fair or unfair depending on who you talk to. Personally I feel he cops way too much flak and abuse from our supporters, and still feel he can turn into one of our top 5 players in the next couple of years. The last couple of years he has lacked intensity and hasn't had the natural development that we expected of a player with the talent he has. This may have something to do with a lack of direction from the Bailey camp couple with a few minor injuries and confidence issues.

As we haven't seen him yet under Neeld, it's hard to speculate on where he will play, or what role he will have. If Neeld can instill a bit of hunger and mongrel into him, then I think he would make a fine sweeping half back in the mould of Goddard (not a direct comparison) Otherwise on the wing and hopefully a more central move into the midfield would be great.

There is a fair way to go for Morton to win over a percentage of MFC fans who have all but written him off. Ultimately time will tell whether he can deliver on his potential or be another wasted talent, and high draft pick to boot.

I think this is his third pre-season in a row being injured also......

Seems to get injured 1 month out from a season constantly.....

Howdy sons and daughters of Stynes.....

I'm putting together an SC league, and I'm hoping to get one rep from each team - just for fun, but it should be a pretty competitive league. Any of you interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back