Training Pre-season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great report prodigy , watched about 10 min and looked certain there was an intent to go forward rather than right angles at all times. Soldo did a couple of things that made me think he looked Li,e he knows what he s doing. Credit yo the young bloke , looks Like he s worked his ring off to get afl fit , his odds of making it have gone from 1/100 to 51/100

Butler...????

Whoops. Knew I forgot someone that played well. He showed today why we have kept him around this long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoops. Knew I forgot someone that played well. He showed today why we have kept him around this long.

Funny how a few of the boys who've struggled with injuries have looked a lot better this pre season, Butler, Lennon and CEllis.

Haven't seen the streams but what has Corey done thus far this pre season? By all reports he is still finding his feet.

Was very very good in the first intra club, bit quieter in this one. But his kicking and handballing under pressure is first class, cannot remember him missing a target, and thats not boot it up the line either it always seems to find a teammate.

Overall not a bad little match, but... four concerns I took out of it which kind of fractured some of the optimism I had been feeling, and trust me I am normally very positive:

1) Ball movement: Yes it's quicker and thank god for that. But... we went down the wings/boundary way too much and you could see them looking there a lot, which tells me that's the gameplan. Not enough use of the corridor which is something I thought we would be implementing, and still too much kicking back for the switch.
In 2016 we got caught out a lot doing the kick backwards to then switch across the ground, because often, after the switch, the next target or the one after wouldn't make it across to where they needed to be, so towards our half forward line there would be no one there to kick to and it would break down.
I'm hoping I'm wrong on all this, but it has Dimma written all over it.

2) Forward Entries: Still a lot of wayward, thoughtless bombs into the 50.

3) Conca as a backman: Didn't play a single minute in the midfield. How many bloody Taylor Hunt style players do we need?! Conca is a midfielder or nothing, I've said this a million times. I was really looking forward to a well-stocked midfield and the focus being on that. This is also typical Dimma.

4) Cotchin: Did absolutely nothing.

I still think our best 22 will be very good, but use the damn corridor and stock the best midfielders we have.

100% on Conca, just doesn't have the physical attributes of a defender. On the other hand he is a genuine midfielder.

I'd rather see McIntosh, Markov, Menadue all running through the backline.

Yeah I see where you're coming from, but I think the main thing is we go through these intra and JLT games injury free. Tackling is more of a mental thing. If the fitness base is there, it's just a matter of getting the players hungry and motivated to tackle.

agree 100% with all that, i'd just like the "train as you intend to play" mantra to be one that we live by, especially when spots are up for grabs.
main reason for my concern is that is it is a clear weakness of ours.

Was a pretty open game, will be interesting to see if there is much difference come next friday.
definitely, i am just hoping we have not shown too much of what we plan on doing this season, no doubt Coaches of other Clubs will be studying that video from today like never before & plans will be in place by rd 1.
as you say next friday will tell us a bit more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know what this means. But i'm stoked by the response.
In stables shopping center mill park
The Australian post mail boxes where you post your letters..i work for aussie post and empty those boxes every day. Hope that makes more sense

Was very very good in the first intra club, bit quieter in this one. But his kicking and handballing under pressure is first class, cannot remember him missing a target, and thats not boot it up the line either it always seems to find a teammate.
Cheers for that, seems to fly under the radar a bit and would be good on see him come on this year.

Overall not a bad little match, but... four concerns I took out of it which kind of fractured some of the optimism I had been feeling, and trust me I am normally very positive:

1) Ball movement: Yes it's quicker and thank god for that. But... we went down the wings/boundary way too much and you could see them looking there a lot, which tells me that's the gameplan. Not enough use of the corridor which is something I thought we would be implementing, and still too much kicking back for the switch.
In 2016 we got caught out a lot doing the kick backwards to then switch across the ground, because often, after the switch, the next target or the one after wouldn't make it across to where they needed to be, so towards our half forward line there would be no one there to kick to and it would break down.
I'm hoping I'm wrong on all this, but it has Dimma written all over it.

2) Forward Entries: Still a lot of wayward, thoughtless bombs into the 50.

3) Conca as a backman: Didn't play a single minute in the midfield. How many bloody Taylor Hunt style players do we need?! Conca is a midfielder or nothing, I've said this a million times. I was really looking forward to a well-stocked midfield and the focus being on that. This is also typical Dimma.

4) Cotchin: Did absolutely nothing.

I still think our best 22 will be very good, but use the damn corridor and stock the best midfielders we have.
Don't worry about Cotchin.
Intra club games are designed and manufactured around young players and fringe players.
He was just having a run and probably doing a bit of instructing.

I love intraclubs all is rosy and even the hacks are looking a million doĺlars. But in all seriousness I think us fans are going to get some real enjoyment watching Rioli and Bolton for the next 10 years, win lose or draw they're the type that make it worthwhile to go to the footy
Add Stengle to that too. Does some nice things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back