Pre season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 30, 2004
bentleigh
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawthorn
Have really enjoyed following the Hawthorn camp up on the Sunshine Coast on the HFC home page this past week. The media department have been providing a day by day coverage of this brutal pre Christmas slugfest with a daily recollection of the schedule with a different player every day along with interviews with blokes like Andrew Russell,the fitness boss at the club. In the old days we basically saw nothing of the team between their last game and round one of either the televised pre season games or the first round. Now we can keep up from the start of pre season onwards. It's a fantastic resource enjoyed hopefully by the supporters of all the AFL clubs

I too have been thoroughly enjoying hawthorn's preseason trainging. That Luke Roughface guy is my favourite by far!@!

Have really enjoyed following the Hawthorn camp up on the Sunshine Coast on the HFC home page this past week. The media department have been providing a day by day coverage of this brutal pre Christmas slugfest with a daily recollection of the schedule with a different player every day along with interviews with blokes like Andrew Russell,the fitness boss at the club. In the old days we basically saw nothing of the team between their last game and round one of either the televised pre season games or the first round. Now we can keep up from the start of pre season onwards. It's a fantastic resource enjoyed hopefully by the supporters of all the AFL clubs
I know where you were going but I think you should've put a question at the end of the statement like, "what does your club do to keep you involved in preseason". Or " what else would you like to see your team communicate during the pre season". Personally I wouldn't want to see much more coverage than we see now given the scrutiny players are under during the season. In any decent level of footy, apart from your 1st 3 years as a youngster (some more,some less). Pre season as a player is awful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't have to look far this off season to see a post talking about how f***ing good hawthorn are

You don't have to look far this off season to see a post talking about how f***ing good hawthorn are
I was just sitting here this week thinking about how good Hawthorn are and then my 2015 membership pack arrived.

The manner in which it arrived was impressive to say the least. The way it was all wrapped up was just immaculate. The comfort I felt when i opened it up, I just felt so warm and fuzzy, getting quite emotional just writing this to be honest. The membership pack wrappers of the Hawthorn Footy club just once again proved how amazing they are and in turn this means my club is totally more amazeballs than it was before!

It's not pre-season. It's off-season. Pre-season's aren't as long as the season proper. Club's don't go gallivanting away on camps in pre-season either. They're really knuckling down on game plans and raising the intensity of training as opposed to volume, and actually playing practice games. Sheesh!!

Oct-Dec: Off-season
Jan-Feb: Pre-season
Mar-Aug: Season
Sep: Post-season/Finals

They're the best premiers there's ever been and their captain is the best player ever
Haha mate it's all good fun. I reckon due to the back2back aspect it has made a lot of Hawthorn fans gloat more or feel pretty happy about themselves. Plus if you can't celebrate and carry on a bit as a supporter when your teams goes back2back then when can you.

Brissy are still the best side of the modern era though IMO.

Haha mate it's all good fun. I reckon due to the back2back aspect it has made a lot of Hawthorn fans gloat more or feel pretty happy about themselves. Plus if you can't celebrate and carry on a bit as a supporter when your teams goes back2back then when can you.

Brissy are still the best side of the modern era though IMO.
Mate I'd be the same if we won a flag- probably worse- but the hodge comparisons in the polls thread are a bit of a laugh imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back