PSD pick #8 Jack Hannath

Remove this Banner Ad

I think people are probably reading a little too much into this pick.

Sandilands probably has two years left at the top level, Moller is at least three years off becoming a regular contributer, Kep has chronic knee problems, and Griff has continually experienced hip problems.

I'd say this was more a considered awareness of our current stocks and their respective deficiencies and limitations than some sort of sign that Clarke is packing his bags. Gee, the off-season paranoia is fun.

I'd give Moller at least 4 years more likely 5. By then Sandi will be gone, Griff will gone or just about to retire, Kep will be gone and if Hannath is playing regularly by then they could make a great ruck duo.

Has a kicking style very similar to Matthew Primus did. Good overhead mark, should play next year if needed.

I'd be thrilled if he turned out anywhere near as good as Primus.

Second best ruckman in the entire draft, behind only Grundy.

I've been calling on him to be drafted for two years now. Very happy with Jack.
good on you Chris am pretty chuffed too in a lot better mood after these two drafts the boys have done well very well thnk. I suspect he is quite versatle and could play a key forward or back role as well as be a ruckman what do you think Chris?

Sandi is a year or two from retiring.
Moller wont be playing afl for 2-3 years.
He fills that void we will have in between.
With Sandi as a mentor first, the Griff after that, and Moller coming along.
I agree. Plus what gaskin said... it's a nice little chain.

Looks more like a Mumford clone, big, tough, hard to move but not super athletic.

He covers the ground well though and is a good kick for a ruckman. I think he is closer to Cox than Mumford. But agree that he has similarities of both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After being told..
2u8c5ly.jpg

I think it shows great character that he was that emotionally invested in Melbourne after they gave him the chance at AFL level.

I have lots of respect for Neeld and, by virtue of being an employee, MFC from the way he spoke about Fremantle.

There is not I like about the Melbourne football club, but I have to agree with you here, the "you are going to a good football club with good people" was a nice touch. I may not respect his club, but my respect for need has certainly increased

There is not I like about the Melbourne football club, but I have to agree with you here, the "you are going to a good football club with good people" was a nice touch. I may not respect his club, but my respect for need has certainly increased

Yeh definitely showed class on his part.. really after he cried in that press conference after his first game, and said some emotive stuff about cutting blokes, I though he wasn't cut out to coach AFL, especially after such a short time coaching at the top level. But let's see how the dees go this year.

With Sandi getting on and Moller still being a very speculative pick, I don't think Hannath's arrival spells the end for Clarke at all. But I really like the idea of having the two ruck/forwards, about the same age, increasing the competition for spots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back