Purely on entertainment value, which teams do you hope NOT to see on TV?

Remove this Banner Ad

There are no teams I particularly don't liking watching but I enjoyed watching the Tigers last year because their games always seemed to be high scoring and close, regardless of who they're playing, the Hawks because they have so much talent and GWS because unlike GC (IMO) you can really see where they're going as a team and because SOS (my favorite player) is involved.

Melbourne are boring live or on TV. You can always see Howe's marks on the news, the other 119.9 minutes are a yawn-fest.
Swans are good but apart from Lewis Jetta they don't excite me a lot.
Doggies done't have much to offer ATM, ditto Port and Lions.
GC are boring but I am curious to watch them develop. GWS can actually be very enjoyable viewing.
Saints and Freo are mundane but at least competitive, ditto the Blues and the Bombers.
North - boring unless Buddy is kicking 13 against them!

Sides I enjoy - Adelaide, Richmond and of course Hawthorn.

I agree with Port, Melbourne, Doggies and the Lions.

I think also for me it can depend on where they're playing, I enjoy watching Geelong play at the G or dome but don't enjoy watching them play at Kardinia at all. Most likely because they always play bad interstate teams down there and its a thrashing or rarely ever close, however I also don't like watching footy played on that ground, same as Carrara and Darwin and whatnot. The smaller grounds lack the atmosphere and excitement for mine, on TV that is. I'm sure some others feel the same about watching the Hawks at Aurora Stadium.

Teams I really enjoy watching are the Tigers (love Cotch), Collingwood, Adelaide, Essendon and I actually don't mind watching North Melbourne play at times.

The rest I still enjoy watching because I love my footy and also Dream Team can make any game interesting.

In no particular order GWS, Port, Doggies, Melbourne, North, Saints and Essendon.

The Demons have a prety boring game plan, I gotta admit.

Mitch Clark makes them worth watching though.

No interest in games when these clubs are involved
- Melbourne
- Gold Coast
- GWS
- Port Adelaide
- Western Bulldogs

Could only enjoy watching if they are playing against a team not listed in this post
- Brisbane
- Fremantle (boring gameplan)
- North Melbourne
- St Kilda
- Sydney (boring gameplan)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton vs Richmond the most boring game there is.

Others I hate watching:

Saints, Melbourne, Bulldogs, Collingwood.

Gold Coast and GWS - but only because of the drubbings, it's exciting watching them compete a close game

Melbourne - probably most boring to me, I don't like their players, club or coach, also they're terrible often seem like they're not even trying and then the tanking thing. Just ugh (sorry melb fans)

Port, Lions, Dogs are pretty meh but mainly because they're going through a poor patch.

Sydney I find hard to get into, even when they're doing well though I really enjoyed the grand final

North and Saints are mentioned a bit here but I generally enjoy watching them if it's a good matchup. But that can be said for most teams really.

Melbourne, Bulldogs, Port, Brisbane, GWS in particular. Gold Coast at least had GAJ and Bennell and were generally very competitive at home.

Interesting that many are still saying us, considering that, despite finishing 9th, we were the 4th highest scoring team in the comp last year and had added a lot more excitement from the likes of Saad, Milera and Stanley and played in several high-scoring games in 2012.

Sydney - Just don't find them particularly interesting to watch
Bulldogs - Have no idea who is in their team (not helped by not liking watching them) and can't get into them.
Melbourne - Just find them dull and they seem to give up once the game gets away worsening the contest as there's no hope of revival.

Melbourne
Used to be Port as well but the underdog supporter in me is coming out and I can enjoy watching them improve bit by bit.

All gets better from there.

Honestly, there aren't too many.

Combinations of certain teams may be bad on paper, but given clear weather two bottom ranked teams can play exciting football since neither may be subject to excess defensive pressure.

The worst combo I saw last year was probably Fremantle vs Brisbane. Fremantle were in lockdown mode and Brisbanes dour contested gameplan in poor conditions meant Freo could not use any of its attacking flair (that appeared later in the season). Awful, awful game.

Don't think I've ever attended a more boring, ugly spectacle than this and I've sat through my fair share of floggings and limp-wristed efforts.

Brisbane came over with zero intention of winning that game though :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back