Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, another bit of assistance I'm after tracing a logo to a vector.

Still pretty amateur with the pen tool and just can't get it to a level I want. Even tried a sneaky auto trace + Vector Magic, but the circles look garbage.

Doesn not need the 'RGA' in the centre - can be left blank
View attachment 1603943
rga logo.png
While its not perfect it is alot better than the trace to bitmap result and the crown and tee are symetrical. LMK if you want the .svg file as well :)

Hi guys, another bit of assistance I'm after tracing a logo to a vector.

Still pretty amateur with the pen tool and just can't get it to a level I want. Even tried a sneaky auto trace + Vector Magic, but the circles look garbage.

Doesn not need the 'RGA' in the centre - can be left blank
View attachment 1603943
I know this was already done, and a very nice job it was too, @just_kick_it
However, for next time, you could use the circle tool instead of trying to trace each circle.
In your Tools panel it's with the Rectangle tool, just hold your mouse over it or Shift-L
Then also get to know your Pathfinder Tools, Subtract Front, Merge & Crop.
There's plenty of training courses on these on YouTube.
I find it's far more satisfying to make these things myself.

Hi Graphic Design Team,

I though this might be a more appropriate place to ask than start a new thread. Ive got a bucks parts next year, and was looking at getting a small amount (1-5) of one off footy guernseys made. Where is the best place to get this done? I am ok with dealing with international if necessary.

Cheers

Hey everyone, I am looking to start a Rugby League portfolio and was wondering if anyone could share a PSD Rugby League/Union mockup (preferably a good quality one) with me so that I can make my folio. I'll be crediting you within the portfolio and can even let you see it early and in the works. Idk what ever suffices with you I can do my best to bring! Shoot me a PM if you can help me out, Thanks!

Hey everyone, I am looking to start a Rugby League portfolio and was wondering if anyone could share a PSD Rugby League/Union mockup (preferably a good quality one) with me so that I can make my folio. I'll be crediting you within the portfolio and can even let you see it early and in the works. Idk what ever suffices with you I can do my best to bring! Shoot me a PM if you can help me out, Thanks!
keen

is anyone from Dartmoor and/or knows a lot about the club, I want a timeline on kits and etc, and I'm wondering why the Swans added blue to their kits in the late 90's, this is for a future folio about the club name color and jersey history

Most of the good ones are likely from Yellow Images, so it may be hard to get a freebie as most people have paid for them and either won’t pass on for free, or will follow the licensing of them and can’t share them.

So unless extremely lucky, you unfortunately may have to go down that route as well.

Most of the good ones are likely from Yellow Images, so it may be hard to get a freebie as most people have paid for them and either won’t pass on for free, or will follow the licensing of them and can’t share them.

So unless extremely lucky, you unfortunately may have to go down that route as well.
Thanks mate, thought I'd try and see if anyone did but I'll check out some alternate options

As a Melbourne supporter, I why was there a circle of stars on our kits from 2011-2013, this coincided with the recent logo rebrand that removed the demon logo this was done to get more Chinese supporters, was this also apart of that I know during this time we played games in china with a dragon on our kit

As a Melbourne supporter, I why was there a circle of stars on our kits from 2011-2013, this coincided with the recent logo rebrand that removed the demon logo this was done to get more Chinese supporters, was this also apart of that I know during this time we played games in china with a dragon on our kit
can't find images of our china kit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is anyone from Dartmoor and/or knows a lot about the club, I want a timeline on kits and etc, and I'm wondering why the Swans added blue to their kits in the late 90's, this is for a future folio about the club name color and jersey history
This question is too niche for Bigfooty haha, I'll make a video on Dartmoor and someone should say in the comments

The stars were supposed to represent the amount of premierships that had been won by the club, and the fact that the circle was 'open' at the top meant that there was room for more premierships and the club was striving for more, or something like that.

This is just off the top of my head but I remember that being the talk at the time.

I am unable to find the template thread could someone direct me to it looking for a new template to use on Inkscape (which I need to learn how to use)
Stickied at the top of the board

Any type of vector file would work, I think .svg is the ideal but any sort of Illustrator template (.ai) or other vector file (.eps) could work in theory.

Stickied at the top of the board

Any type of vector file would work, I think .svg is the ideal but any sort of Illustrator template (.ai) or other vector file (.eps) could work in theory.
can't belive I missed it thank you

Last night I was looking through recently sold footy jumpers on eBay and came across this Footscray style jumper, the description doesn't offer much beyond that it's in a Footscray style and the dimensions are 40cm chest and 70cm top to bottom.

To my eye, it looks pretty old and obviously, the #1 was added as it looks like it was a #9 jumper originally.

Is anyone able to shed any light on the potential age and origin? Initially, I thought the hoops seemed a little high and thin to be an actual Footscray VFL jumper but then realised that the size and location of the hoop did vary from jumper to jumper in the pre-1970s era. Of course it's more than likely it's just a local/country jumper but thought I'd ask anyway if anyone could ID further.

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back