Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Found this font called Hector Bold
true

Posted this in the GIMP tutorial thread, but it is probably equally as relevant to anyone using Photoshop or others:
I am recolouring a famous black and white football photo using GIMP.

There is a lot of information on the internet about different methods to go about it, it's pretty easy for the novice.

But I have one problem - all the methods seem to involve turning the 'greys' into the colour, while the blacks stay black. I have a photo where there is black in the photo but it should be navy - and so I am struggling to get this recoloured properly. Does anyone have any tips?

On the whole it's going well though, it would be cool if a few other old footy photos were recoloured by people on this board.

Posted this in the GIMP tutorial thread, but it is probably equally as relevant to anyone using Photoshop or others:
I've been collecting a couple of old black and white footy photos when I find them and attempting to re-colour them, but yeah, I've had the same problem :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been collecting a couple of old black and white footy photos when I find them and attempting to re-colour them, but yeah, I've had the same problem :(
I've tried to do it by using a mask, and setting the colour to the desired colour. But it means I end up with an entire uniform colour block, rather than any natural variation.

Let me know how you go though. I'm prepared to share mine when I'm done.

release from the misery that is the life of a north supporter?
It has it's highs and lows.

Just couldn't get the 4th quarter magic against the suns like we did with Port ;)

:(

Don't remind me

Loooved seeing Jacobs' goal sail over my head.
Dude we should have met up !

It's ok, Jacobs is an average player taking up space on our list instead of yours.

Very rare moment.

Dude we should have met up !

It's ok, Jacobs is an average player taking up space on our list instead of yours.

Very rare moment.
Another time, perhaps, was with a mate from the Power board. If we play each other here next year for sure (or finals this year.. never mind that would probably be in Adelaide).

Im trying to move up from Ms Paint any good jumper designing tools, that are NOT bought?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back