Roast R15: Port v Adelaide Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch. That one hurt. We lost that game due to not working as hard as the Crows.

As we are heading to ANZ stadium (Subi or the G) for the first final in September, well might we ask why we could not match the Crows' effort in a June Showdown.

Last edited:

Our worst performer was K Hinckley.

On what moron planet do you play Sam gray and Kane Mitchell ahead of Logan and Young?

What can he see that every single person other than him can't?

And that was a b/s forward line set up. Ken got outcoached. Really stupid loss that one.

Bomb it in to no one. Great idea Ken, great idea.

A few big name players want to hand back their match payments too.

Time to stop farting around and put Wingard on goals and not upfield.

You pushed up too far once too often Ken, and it cost up 4 very valuable points
yes boydy yes

this loss definitely sucks especially against adelaide who are now "the proud of south australia again" people seem to forget that we are the 3rd youngest list in the comp yet they carry on that we are pretenders? get over yourself crow supporters you played better on the day! just shows how half of bad footy can really hurt. oh and not one to sook about umpiring but 23-11 is pretty pathetic.

10 minutes to go, 11 point margin and give n history I had brown jocks. Crowd willed the team over the line. We are loyal and deserve respect. That's a bitter post. Gives your supporters a bad name. Power a very good team, time for you to grow with them.
Do you honestly believe any of this tripe? Deserve respect? What? All we've ever heard from down West Lakes way is denigration and snide jabs about crowd numbers, etc. There was nil noise coming from the '19th Man™' until the Crows were 3 goals up with 26 minutes gone, so the point was fair. Nice story and thanks for the patronisation though.

So, who was sitting in 531, J, 22 and also 531, K, 21? I was sitting behind and next to these seats respectively and couldn't help but notice that you fellows looked at BF a couple of times today.

I was in 531, J17, legs are killing me from the walk up and down the stairs.Watched the 2nd half from one of the bars at ground level so was happier there then up the top level.

Do you honestly believe any of this tripe? Deserve respect? What? All we've ever heard from down West Lakes way is denigration and snide jabs about crowd numbers, etc. There was nil noise coming from the '19th Man™' until the Crows were 3 goals up with 26 minutes gone, so the point was fair. Nice story and thanks for the patronisation though.

They play fake ******* crowd noises over the speaker. That's just plain embarrassing and speaks volumes of the 19the man wank.

I just hope a few blokes who needed to do more, Hamish Hartlett i'm talking about you, actually wear the pain that we are going to wear this week. I am going to be tortured and rubbished all week. Even if they (the Clowns) don't win another game this season they will go on about this one.

I want to see Butcher or Shaw get a run and a prolonged run (not a Tommy Logan run but a Kane Mitchell run) because they need AFL game time as we may need them late in the season and it's a bit late to start exposing them to AFL games then.

I want to see desperation again. They outmuscled us and bullied us on our own ground. We were soft. I don't hate losing when we have gone down swinging but we were made to look weak.

I'm so disappointed with the way we lost and that with better selections we didn't have to lose. I reckon either Dom or Tshirt would have led by desperate example and shown some of our soft downhill skiers what to do out there yesterday. Just so disappointed Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a shitter.

On the bright side, if there is one, we're yet to lose a game where we don't lose a significant player during the game. It also keeps Sanderson, Trigg and Chapman just that little bit more secure in their jobs. Silver lining and all.

It was one of those games where the players seemed scared to go in hard because of the shockingly lopsided free-kick count. While Ebert did give away some dumb frees, there were some atrocious calls, particularly holding the ball calls that weren't rewarded the other way. The whole concept of "prior opportunity" was lost on the umpires and a majority of the crowd. Not to mention the shocking, disgraceful calls I heard when Trengove went down. Disgusting stuff.

Our midfield was smashed and that's where we lost it. Jacobs kept on tapping the ball to the same bloody spot for most of the game you'd think our players would have figured it out.

I felt as though there were numerous times we tried to keep the ball in when out numbered on the boundary line. The same when outnumbered at a contest on the ground, rather than lock it in, we looked to release the ball to no one.

Small things but great sides are smarter than that.

WHY! Why did we have to loose to that mob!
Oh well, the players and the club will definitely learn from that. 2 losses in 3 weeks, Kenny won't be happy and a few changes might be made. Jackson out is a killer... But gives Clurey another chance maybe.
We need that extra tall up forward. Sick of having only the one option up there to go to which teams can cut off. If Butch or Shaw were playing, we wouldn't have been kicking in hope most of the time in the second half.

I guess loosing form now is okay... gives us 8weeks to find it again before the finals. Such a young team was never going to be up for the whole season... lets have a cpl down weeks if we need to, then fire back up!

That's a shitter.

On the bright side, if there is one, we're yet to lose a game where we don't lose a significant player during the game. It also keeps Sanderson, Trigg and Chapman just that little bit more secure in their jobs. Silver lining and all.

It was one of those games where the players seemed scared to go in hard because of the shockingly lopsided free-kick count. While Ebert did give away some dumb frees, there were some atrocious calls, particularly holding the ball calls that weren't rewarded the other way. The whole concept of "prior opportunity" was lost on the umpires and a majority of the crowd. Not to mention the shocking, disgraceful calls I heard when Trengove went down. Disgusting stuff.

Our midfield was smashed and that's where we lost it. Jacobs kept on tapping the ball to the same bloody spot for most of the game you'd think our players would have figured it out.

I didn't think it possible but the Sloane HTB against Sammy Gray on the wing in Q4 was actually worse than the Dangerfield HTB against Impey in Q1.

Decisions like that just kill your spirit and would absolutely have an effect on the way you approach the contest, even if only subconsciously.

That's a shitter.

I was about to sock the guy behind me... absolute flog with what was coming out of his mouth the whole game, but especially when Trengove went down. Even the crow supporting lady beside me look at the douche and called him a w***er. haha.

This
:thumbsu:
When we play one short, its always going to be a killer when a tall goes down. Had we another tall forward in the side, Trengove going down would have had minimal effect. Instead we needed to play Lobbe longer in the ruck when he was getting smashed, and had to play a 1 man tall forward line when Hoff was chopping out. You play the game on a knifes edge and sometimes you're gonna get cut and bleed.

But still, the issue was that our midfield was widely spanked. Lobbe is either great or spanked. No middle ground. All their big guns came to play. Thompson 34 touches. Dangerfield 33. Crouch 28. Jacobs 3 goals. Sloane 21. 69 contested possessions between those 5 players. We had no answer to their midfield dominance. That's what it boiled down to. I thought we kept their forward line in check well considering. We had no answer to their midfield, and had no answer to their defence.

Its a shocking game to lose on a ******* shocking weekend for Port Adelaide in terms of results. But hey, perspective. In 2004 we got pumped in a Showdown, followed it up with a 96 point loss to North and then a couple weeks later got thrashed by Brisbane. We had injuries coming out of every orifice but only lost 1 game for the rest of the year from that point on.

So now is the time on what this playing group decides to do. Whether we want to be remembered, or put it down as a 'one that got away' year. The choice is theirs.

2 years ago I thought Cassisi was done. Yesterday I thought we missed his experience and even would have been handy for a run in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back