Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To ignore a drugs level of toxicity when it comes to discussing its affect and potential to cause harm is pretty ignorant though. Why would you discount it?

I dont view cocaine, ecstasy or cannabis as hard drugs.
I'm not discounting it, but your entire rebuttal was alcohol can kill you in smaller doses.

Theres a lot of stuff that can kill you in small doses we use daily.

I feel by focusing on the toxicity as the be all and end all it's missing a lot of other factors that are equally as important.

To me cocaine is definitely a hard drug, Ecstasy is middle of the road and Weed is soft.

I'm not discounting it, but your entire rebuttal was alcohol can kill you in smaller doses.

Theres a lot of stuff that can kill you in small doses we use daily.

I feel by focusing on the toxicity as the be all and end all it's missing a lot of other factors that are equally as important.

To me cocaine is definitely a hard drug, Ecstasy is middle of the road and Weed is soft.
Alcohol effect on your liver and brain over years of usage is pretty lethal.
How much you have impacts that. Anything consumer in moderation and small doses obviously is less risky. If thats whats been discussed than I agree with you.
Other factors alcohol has is the cause to allow domestic violence, sexual assaults and drunk driving casualties.
Now because it is legal some may argue it is tarnished. But what drugs arent readily available?
I can guarantee less toxic substances would rule out domestic violence and sexual assaults.

Ice is a ******* disgusting, filthy, detestable substance.

Users of party drugs like coke, pills, speed, to me, are stupid but what they put in their own body is their own choice.
Mate I get your opinion.... But disagree. We pay these footballers. I think we have the right to expect more from them. I'm not going down the path of using the role model thing, because any kids best and most important role model is their parents... However professional footballers get paid good money, really good money! That money comes from us as bothe attendees, members, watchers and purchasers. It is pure arrogance to participate in this game, receive the money they do from this game and then use that cash to put s**t up their nose. I promise that if this was one of our players that was on the front of the paper this morning I would be cancelling my memberships until the perpetrator was off the list.

Mate I get your opinion.... But disagree. We pay these footballers. I think we have the right to expect more from them. I'm not going down the path of using the role model thing, because any kids best and most important role model is their parents... However professional footballers get paid good money, really good money! That money comes from us as bothe attendees, members, watchers and purchasers. It is pure arrogance to participate in this game, receive the money they do from this game and then use that cash to put s**t up their nose. I promise that if this was one of our players that was on the front of the paper this morning I would be cancelling my memberships until the perpetrator was off the list.

Yeah, I didn't delve into what should happen if they're caught.

The fact that a lot of what happens sits deep under the AFL rug is an indictment on the game.

I promise that if this was one of our players that was on the front of the paper this morning I would be cancelling my memberships until the perpetrator was off the list.

You reckon that none of our boys have ever hit the pingers?

Seriously?

They don't know how privledged they are.

Perhaps all people who work in jobs funded by government should have their positions terminated if found snorting some powder, given we pay their wages etc.

Notsrs.

You reckon that none of our boys have ever hit the pingers?

Seriously?
I hope they haven't, I hope they don't. You are right, education is the key. Let's educate them, that if they are caught by either a test of photograph then they lose the privilege of being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps all people who work in jobs funded by government should have their positions terminated if found snorting some powder, given we pay their wages etc.

Notsrs.
I would agree with this....
The consequences for breaking this law are currently non existstant.

I hope they haven't, I hope they don't. You are right, education is the key. Let's educate them, that if they are caught by either a test of photograph then they lose the privilege of being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Rubbish, I would hope for a much more measured response than that.

We currently have two blokes on our list who have court dates, but you want us to cut anyone ever found with drugs.

That would be pretty counter to the culture we have been building I would have thought.

I would agree with this....
The consequences for breaking this law are currently non existstant.
I was joking philly.

Drug use is rife in our community and has been something we as a species have done since we were dragging our knuckles along the ground. The vaaast majority of drug 'users' don't have a problem with controlling their drug intake and don't * other people over when using drugs. To many drugs are just like booze. The issues are down to the nasty s**t that is out there and the hyperbolic and cynicrocratical government don't have the balls to really do something about it other than demonise users.

We currently have two blokes on our list who have court dates, but you want us to cut anyone ever found with drugs.

Yep, that's right.

If Maj is found guilty than I have no doubt at all that he will never again be on an AFL list.
As for Froggy, yeah the scourge on society that is, doing a runner on a taxi fare, is crippling. Not a day goes by that victims are in hospital, family members in emotional turmoil, throw the book at him I say.

I think 3 strikes are fine, but as I said earlier the NFL policy on illicit drugs is good. 1st strike = 4 games
2nd strike = 1 season
3rd strike = life ban.

I was joking philly.

Drug use is rife in our community and has been something we as a species have done since we were dragging our knuckles along the ground. The vaaast majority of drug 'users' don't have a problem with controlling their drug intake and don't **** other people over when using drugs. To many drugs are just like booze. The issues are down to the nasty s**t that is out there and the hyperbolic and cynicrocratical government don't have the balls to really do something about it other than demonise users.
I know you were.... But I agreed with your joke.
I get that there are scales of bad drugs to really bad drugs... And weed, and others aren't as bad as say ice for example. So maybe we categorise them. Say class a misdemeanour could encompass Ice, Speed, Heroin. Class b coke, lsd. Class c weed, mushrooms.
And then legislate consequences from there???

I know you were.... But I agreed with your joke.
I get that there are scales of bad drugs to really bad drugs... And weed, and others aren't as bad as say ice for example. So maybe we categorise them. Say class a misdemeanour could encompass Ice, Speed, Heroin. Class b coke, lsd. Class c weed, mushrooms.
And then legislate consequences from there???
I'd decriminalise the lot, control and tax purchase, and focus on education and support rather than policing and punishment. People are always going to want to score, so lets find a way to let them without driving them away from society.

LSD is an interesting topic of discussion.

Has been shown at low level dosages to increase creativity without having significant adverse effects.

Our six year search for a "Plan B" could be solved by Bon being locked in a dark room on low levels of LSD. Who'd have thunk that? Do it Euge!

I'd decriminalise the lot, control and tax purchase, and focus on education and support rather than policing and punishment. People are always going to want to score, so lets find a way to let them without driving them away from society.
You would decriminalise ice????

You would decriminalise ice????
Potentially, yes. Personally I would rather that s**t be put on a rocket and shot to the moon but the reality is that it is here, it is here to stay and people are still going to get on the pip regardless of its legal classification. I don't know how we can control it, clean its production etc, that's for policy makers to decide, but to have it in a controlled environment is better than in a completely uncontrolled one. Its a tough question, no doubt but locking up users is not the answer.

Yep, that's right.

If Maj is found guilty than I have no doubt at all that he will never again be on an AFL list.
I think that a conviction will be hard to attain.

As for Froggy, yeah the scourge on society that is, doing a runner on a taxi fare, is crippling. Not a day goes by that victims are in hospital, family members in emotional turmoil, throw the book at him I say.

Relating this back to the point, so a guy on our list who has a line with a few mates causes families to be in turmoil?

I think 3 strikes are fine, but as I said earlier the NFL policy on illicit drugs is good. 1st strike = 4 games
2nd strike = 1 season
3rd strike = life ban.

3 strike policy in the AFL is laughable.

What is it? after the second strike the club doctor is made aware?

Ridiculous.

Reactionary and inadequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back