Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Higgins' dig at the mutts is hilarious.
McMillan's comments are undoubtedly the most interesting. The coach isn't a tyrant and the players know when to take the blame. Very good.
And good to know the coach thinks the way I do about the media.

If that " friggin " Monash Postgrad Expo thingy does 't go away on my phone l'm gunna shoot someone l think ! ! !

" SOMEONE PLEASEEEEEEEE REMOVE IT " !
Might go down to pick up some fresh out of Uni sheilas.

Anyone who has foxtel, and watches channel 119 can they tell me the name of song which plays with a vision from all their programs, i've tried lyric finder but no luck, hard rock sound.

Higgins' dig at the mutts is hilarious.
McMillan's comments are undoubtedly the most interesting. The coach isn't a tyrant and the players know when to take the blame. Very good.
And good to know the coach thinks the way I do about the media.

That bake after Rd 1 would have stung.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Roos, I posted on your board recently about seeing Choppy & his son having a family moment all parents have. Saw them again Sunday morning when his son played against one of my boys in U/8.
His boy is as silky as his Dad & way more talented than any other kid that morning, maybe more than I'd ever seen a kid that age.
You guys are going to have a serious Father/Son in a bit. Good luck fellas.

Thanks for the info. I expect he will be claimed by Sydney as a zone selection as it's rare to find a top talent apart from Heeney and Dunkley.

Had a long term colleague delete me off social media completely because I dared to mention I don't agree with the death penalty. Didn't mention anything about the bali 9 at all just said I believed that killing someone as punishment was never an agreeable sentence in this day and age.

So many offended people.

Had a long term colleague delete me off social media completely because I dared to mention I don't agree with the death penalty. Didn't mention anything about the bali 9 at all just said I believed that killing someone as punishment was never an agreeable sentence in this day and age.

So many offended people.
Strong temptation to delete post....

So many offended people.
Yep. I hate the argument that they knew what they were doing and knew the consequences so they deserve the punishment, This discussion should be as much about the duo as a discussion about the dangers of obesity is about McDonalds. The discussion should be centred around the unambiguous barbarity of the death penalty and it's failure as a deterrent, as a rehabilitator and what amounts to torture the offenders go through in the lead up to it. Yet so many are incapable of a nuanced discussion and only see what is in front of them, It's similar to the jingoistic uproar to Scott McIntyre's comments about ANZAC day.

Yep. I hate the argument that they knew what they were doing and knew the consequences so they deserve the punishment, This discussion should be as much about the duo as a discussion about the dangers of obesity is about McDonalds. The discussion should be centred around the unambiguous barbarity of the death penalty and it's failure as a deterrent, as a rehabilitator and what amounts to torture the offenders go through in the lead up to it. Yet so many are incapable of a nuanced discussion and only see what is in front of them, It's similar to the jingoistic uproar to Scott McIntyre's comments about ANZAC day.

State sanctioned torture, justified only to themselves. Yeah ok, lets leave people wondering from day to day for 10+ years when they'll be executed, not to mention the political games Widodo has been playing and showing his obvious disdain for Australia.

I see this as two completely separate arguments, both of which I happen to agree with.

I have no sympathy for these two in particular, due to exactly that first sentence above.

That does not in any way stop me from agreeing with the second highlighted sentence. The death penalty has no place in civilised society, but the hypocrisy of how Indonesia use it to snub their noses at the 'hated Australia' is ridiculous. As Geoffrey Robertson said, by international law it is restricted to murder and terrorism (there was one other but I can't remember it or find it), but not drug trafficking. So what did mass murderers from the Bali bombings get?

Here here ks. Couldn't put it better. It's all about the death penalty to me. I'm not even focusing on the 2 blokes whose names I can't even remember.

I see this as two completely separate arguments, both of which I happen to agree with.

I have no sympathy for these two in particular, due to exactly that first sentence above.

That does not in any way stop me from agreeing with the second highlighted sentence. The death penalty has no place in civilised society, but the hypocrisy of how Indonesia use it to snub their noses at the 'hated Australia' is ridiculous. As Geoffrey Robertson said, by international law it is restricted to murder and terrorism (there was one other but I can't remember it or find it), but not drug trafficking. So what did mass murderers from the Bali bombings get?
Some. Of them have been pardoned...

Lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back