Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
watched the wire, breaking bad, boardwalk empire, GOT, true detective, fargo . Anyone got any other reccomendations ? I checked out imdb and rick and morty has a high rating
Hannibal, Walking Dead, House of Cards, Dexter, House, Mad Men, Entourage, Vikings, Homeland, Penny Dreadful, American Horror Story (Season 2 is really good and each season is a different story) and Banshee

watched the wire, breaking bad, boardwalk empire, GOT, true detective, fargo . Anyone got any other reccomendations ? I checked out imdb and rick and morty has a high rating

Deadwood.

Ray Donovan.

I was watching our goals kicked in the '76 grand final this morning (Thanks giantroo for all the awesome videos :thumbsu: Absolute legend!) - a great way to watch that match, cos watching only our goals being scored gives the impression we were winning or something.

I was struck by how "soft" the game was then compared to know. Now I need to careful what I mean by soft. I don't mean the off the ball and contested stuff - it was brutal, and a hard game for hard men. They hit just as hard, or harder, than now, no doubt.

What I mean was in in-play stuff - the free kicks were so tiggy touchwood and the whistle was constantly being blown for almost nothing (especially holding the man), the tackling was almost non-existent, and a "mark" involved juggling the ball a couple of times before it hit the deck - controlling the ball being optional.

Such a different game! The skills were deplorable by today's standards (other than goal kicking of course - the handballing is hilarious!) and there seems to be almost no set plays or tactics involved, just bomb it long and fly for a mark and hope like hell...but gee it is exciting and free flowing and awesome!

Vikings, House of Cards and Silicon Valley are all quality - also the final season of Californication is pretty good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

So someone came over to buy a bit of North merch I have for sale.

Half way through the sale I thought I'd ask if he frequented the North board on Big Footy. Much to my disappointment he had no idea what I was on about. All he said was he "liked North Melbourne on Facebook"

Here's me thinking I was about to meet Big footy royalty (scottywiper, kimbo, sherm....), instead I copped a dud.

Selling North merch?

Brettie tell me it aint' so?

A North isn't for Christmas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maGqy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back