Rate / Rank The Leagues - Yes its the unwinnable argument!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: top 10 leagues outside AFL in Victoria

This is how it goes,

GFL
O&M
GV
EDFL

and after that who really cares

Apple Eater said:
This is how it goes,

GFL
O&M
GV
EDFL

and after that who really cares[/quote

I would have the EFL(Eastern Football League) before the EDFL(Essendon Districk football league). :thumbsu:

I would say the VAFA A section would be the best metropolitan league... Don't know who the best country league would be

Kidding your self......

IF you are rating the leagues for 2006/ 2007 and people aren't dwelling from what they saw years ago.

ORDER -
VFL would be first.
Eastern F.L (just ahead O & M, GVFL)
O & Murray
Goulburn FL
A Amatuers (Just a head of Essendon)
Essendon F.L
Geelong F.L
Ballarat F.L
Mornington Pen F.L
Diamond Valley F.L

IF you are rating the leagues for 2006/ 2007 and people aren't dwelling from what they saw years ago.

ORDER -
VFL would be first.
O & Murray
Goulburn FL
Essendon F.L
Geelong F.L
Ballarat F.L
Mornington Pen F.L
Diamond Valley F.L

your kidding yourself matty the GFL would be much better than edfl and to put the ballarat league in top ten is laughable,GFL is easily the best along with eastern the rest of the comps are all pretty much level,depending on what clubs through the cash around.

your kidding yourself matty the GFL would be much better than edfl and to put the ballarat league in top ten is laughable,GFL is easily the best along with eastern the rest of the comps are all pretty much level,depending on what clubs through the cash around.
What about best team ? who's the best team in country or metro footy ?

Gisborne / Redan.

I reckon Yarrawonga would have the measure of the above two clubs. They had a super side. Ednie, Hargraves, Wild, Runnals, Hammond, just to name a few.

I reckon Yarrawonga would have the measure of the above two clubs. They had a super side. Ednie, Hargraves, Wild, Runnals, Hammond, just to name a few.
Gisborne , pretty strong , hard at it side . 3 Vic Country reps in the one team this year . Michael Dillon , Shane Davis and Victorian vice captain Luke Saunders .

Gisborne , pretty strong , hard at it side . 3 Vic Country reps in the one team this year . Michael Dillon , Shane Davis and Victorian vice captain Luke Saunders .

Rock you great man.

3 or 4 years ago I would of agreed. Even maybe 2 or 3 years ago.

Mate, I am very confident that the E.D.F.L A Grade is that good.

The lists that these sides are providing a ridiculous for local level and the top line players are even to first admit how good it is.

It has grown mre than the others over the past 3 years and overtaken them. I can't prove it, but I really believe it.

Strathmore 2007 were guns.
Luke Williams (Melbourne), Micheal O'Brian (W.Coast),
Myles Quinn (WAFL), Paul Barnard (Essendon), Jeremy Barnard (WAFL),
Tim Harvey (VFL, VAFA), Adam Winter (Bendigo), Grant Holaman (Comp Winner), Dale May (Compa Winner), Richard Little, Jarrod Morrison, John Lindsay (all VFL) and then they have A Train Thomas (Sunbury Premierships), John Tate, Sam Hoath, Josh O'Neill who all have played in A Grade Flags.

ORDER -
VFL would be first.
O & Murray
Goulburn FL
Essendon F.L
Geelong F.L
Ballarat F.L
Mornington Pen F.L
Diamond Valley F.L

You are kidding yourself. The GVFL and O&M would beat the top sides in the Eastern F.L. Yarrawonga would give the premiers from the Eastern a touch up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a bloke who has played both A grade edfl and ballarat and believes ballarat is of higher standard. average out all clubs dont just rate the top 2 or 3.
Maybe it is because the grounds are bigger and more run and flow?

You are kidding yourself. The GVFL and O&M would beat the top sides in the Eastern F.L. Yarrawonga would give the premiers from the Eastern a touch up.
Ill have to disagree there gotheroos i have played oand m and diamond valley was a better standard than oand m it is 'nt now but the eastern is still the same and i think noble park or vermont would beat yarra by ten goals. In the eastern there are alot of bigger bodies as in the bush they are alot smaller Eastern is clearly the best local footy in victoria

ORDER -
VFL would be first.
O & Murray
Goulburn FL
Essendon F.L
Geelong F.L
Ballarat F.L
Mornington Pen F.L
Diamond Valley F.L

And I thought you knew your footy.... your a fu ckwit.

Ballarat, and Mornington ahead of DVFL, are you concerned for whatever credibility you have left?

And I thought you knew your footy.... your a fu ckwit.

Ballarat, and Mornington ahead of DVFL, are you concerned for whatever credibility you have left?

Your right .. DVFL is up there. I have played in 4 different leauges now and the Diamond Valley has been BY FAR the best comp.
the likes of Hiedleberg - Bundoora - North Hiedleberg (northcote park in there day) Nrth Hiedleberg even Mont.. would smash anyone in the ballarat or mornington leauge on most days !

great thread this. it creates debate exactly what big footy is all about. keep it up:) ;)

Ill have to disagree there gotheroos i have played oand m and diamond valley was a better standard than oand m it is 'nt now but the eastern is still the same and i think noble park or vermont would beat yarra by ten goals. In the eastern there are alot of bigger bodies as in the bush they are alot smaller Eastern is clearly the best local footy in victoria

I didn't mention the DVFL Chopsewie. I said the O&M and GVFL would beat the Eastern. I have never seen DVFL footy so I can't comment on that. But I have seen a fair bit of GVFL, O&M and also EFL.

i will say it again, the hampden league has 2 be rated higher then the mornington peninsula league because we beat them in interleague in the 2006 competiton.

Clearly Eastern are the best Metro league. with GVFL, O&M, Geelong the best country leagues. After that there wouldn't be much between a lot of leagues & would change from year to yaer depending on recruits & departures. But i'll have a crack at a top 10.

1st - VFL
Equal 2nd - Eastern, Goulburn Valley, O & M
5th - Geelong
6th - Ammos
7th - Diamond Valley
8th - Ballarat
9th - Hampden
10th - Essendon

In no particular order - Apologies to Mornington Peninsula, West Gippsland Latrobe, Bendigo.

Clearly Eastern are the best Metro league. with GVFL, O&M, Geelong the best country leagues. After that there wouldn't be much between a lot of leagues & would change from year to yaer depending on recruits & departures. But i'll have a crack at a top 10.

1st - VFL
Equal 2nd - Eastern, Goulburn Valley, O & M
5th - Geelong
6th - Ammos
7th - Diamond Valley
8th - Ballarat
9th - Hampden
10th - Essendon

In no particular order - Apologies to Mornington Peninsula, West Gippsland Latrobe, Bendigo.

for what its worth a long term DV coach now in the ammos says D1 Ammos is equivalent to upper end of Div 2 DV

for what its worth a long term DV coach now in the ammos says D1 Ammos is equivalent to upper end of Div 2 DV
Surely the GFL is the strongest league in country vic. VCFL squad and final team contained more GFL players than any other league and that was when other leagues didn't want them in because they didn't want to play interleague. Colbert didn't care becuase he know without the GFL players the VCFL would have got pumped by ACT. Come and watch a GFL game. Ask VFL footballers playing at Geelong who get dropped to GFL club to play. Can't get a kick. South Barwon would be the best country team by 5 or 6 goals PLUS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back