Rawlings, Satterley join Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

Timmy Houlihan

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
MELBOURNE has appointed former Richmond interim coach and Brisbane Lions assistant coach Jade Rawlings as its backline coach.

The Demons have also appointed former Werribee senior coach Paul Satterley as its development forward line coach.

A seasoned coach in his own right, Rawlings joins Melbourne following a two-year stint under Michael Voss at the Brisbane Lions.

Before coaching the Werribee senior team in the VFL, Satterley spent two years as its development coach, overseeing the side’s first and second year players.

At the TAC Cup level, Satterley previously held positions as an assistant coach with Western Jets and as senior coach of Northern Knights.
Satterley will report to the club’s forward line coach, which has yet to be appointed.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/124279/default.aspx

Great appointments for the club, especially Rawlings - he is not a "new" assistant coach, he brings heaps of experience with him that will only help us going forward.

I like the fact we now have development coaches who report to the senior assistant coaches too, don't think we have ever had the resources to do something like that. It shows the excellent strides forward the club continues to take.

Rawlings is a great appointment IMO, he has also had some senior coaching experience (albeit very little).

And as CFH said, the development coaches under the line coaches looks to be promising.

This part of the press release caught my eye..

“I’ve spoken to a few people in the last week or so when dealing with the club, and the enthusiasm and professionalism is something that has really caught my attention.

Very pleasing to hear this type of stuff..

You've done well with Rawlings I reckon. Was never cut out to be a senior coach but is a good communicator from what I got out his time at tigerland so should be good as an assistant.

And if he takes more of the share of work out of Brian Royals hands that's an added bonus.

Yeah Rawlings did well with the Lions backline :eek:

I think Melbourne's backline talent is a few steps above the Lions.

Yeah, just taking the piss. Brisbane also had merrett and Drummond out for most of the year and they did have Cheynee Stiller for all 24 rounds so Rawlings was ****ed from the start

Rawlings would have worked closely with Fevola up in Brisbane aswell as knowing the full story of what he was like in the club.

For those hoping Melbourne are interested in Fev, Rawlings may be able to shine some light on whether he is worth the risk.

Seemed to be an impressive fellow who had no chance of getting wins on the board at Richmond with the team that Wallace left him in his caretaker role.

I think Brisbane coaches have done well with a side that has not been well list managed.

Let me tell you about Paul Satterly.

If Gary Ayres hadn't coached an unbeaten side, Paul Satterly would have been named the VFL's Team of the Year's coach.

He took Werribee from 2nd last to the Preliminary Final - they looked fitter and faster than ever before... key injuries just hit them in that last final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me tell you about Paul Satterly.

If Gary Ayres hadn't coached an unbeaten side, Paul Satterly would have been named the VFL's Team of the Year's coach.

He took Werribee from 2nd last to the Preliminary Final - they looked fitter and faster than ever before... key injuries just hit them in that last final.
Yep I was certainly impressed with Weribee's improvement this year and they smashed the Scorps. All with only half an alignment from North. Looks well suited to a role as an assistant development coach coming from a background in the TAC and VFL.

It seems like Mark Neeld has been eyeing off a number of coaches this year IMO and is now filling them with roles at the Dees!

Emma Quayle, best junior footy reporter around, posted this about Satterley on her twitter:

"I am T H I S excited for Paul Satterley getting a coaching gig at Melbourne. Dealt with him a lot working on my book. Speaks sense!"

"Paul Satterley coached a Knights TAC cup team featuring Kreuzer, Cotchin, Grimes, Veszpremi, Hurley & Zaharakis"

Rate her opinion, always good to hear positive feedback

More excitement around Slattery than Rawlins it seems.

Neeld seems to have an eye for a couple of Rising Star coaches in Slattery and Greaves, both come with big raps for what they've done with junior and non-AFL teams.

i've finally gotten use to saying Trengove, and cringe when i hear it otherwise, thank god Satterley is not a player so I won't say it aloud as often.

Emma Quayle, best junior footy reporter around, posted this about Satterley on her twitter:

"I am T H I S excited for Paul Satterley getting a coaching gig at Melbourne. Dealt with him a lot working on my book. Speaks sense!"

"Paul Satterley coached a Knights TAC cup team featuring Kreuzer, Cotchin, Grimes, Veszpremi, Hurley & Zaharakis"

Rate her opinion, always good to hear positive feedback
if you rate her opinion you have no idea, how many games did she play, so far we seem to have 3rd rate assistants, we have some guy from Ocean Grove, another from the TAC, and some loser from the Tigers and Lions, yeah it"s stacking up real well.

if you rate her opinion you have no idea, how many games did she play, so far we seem to have 3rd rate assistants, we have some guy from Ocean Grove, another from the TAC, and some loser from the Tigers and Lions, yeah it"s stacking up real well.

You're a disgrace and a constant embarrassment to this board.

It takes 3rd rate trolling to know 3rd rate assistants I guess.

God bless school holidays.

Settle down mate, who cares that she's never played a game of AFL footy? That doesn't mean she cant have good opinions

Have a look at the coaching structures.

It's very clear that the 'no-name' coaches we've signed are ones considered teachers and developers of players.

We've got two more senior coaching appointments, and I happen to think that Rawlings is a very good appointment, he comes with good raps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back