Rd. 23 @ Brisbane...

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have loved that but they were pre-bought vouchers. We were meant to do it over in Perth last year, but couldn't due to weather. So limited places we could transfer it to.

Sent from my ZTE T815 using Tapatalk
All good, you will still love it once you get your head around it...lol. First jump you will never forget:)) Ive done about 300:) sounds alot, but in skydiving terms is sfa!

The airtrain goes from the airport to the city (goes to CBD, Fortitude Valley, Roma Street, Southbank) so can get you anywhere in the city. Costs $17 one way I think and leaves every fifteen minutes during peak times.
Is it free transport, though? On the tickets I received for the footy, it says transport is free. Or does that not include the airtrain?

Is it free transport, though? On the tickets I received for the footy, it says transport is free. Or does that not include the airtrain?
Excludes the airtrain unfortunately (it's privately run). You can get TransLink buses from near the airport where the DFO is (about 2km) but I'm not sure if that's a big hassle or not. Maybe someone from Brissie might know?

Excludes the airtrain unfortunately (it's privately run). You can get TransLink buses from near the airport where the DFO is (about 2km) but I'm not sure if that's a big hassle or not. Maybe someone from Brissie might know?

Personally, I wouldn't bother getting over to DFO to catch the bus. Just go the air-train. Takes you straight into the CBD.

An Uber would probably be relatively affordable also, depending on traffic on Kingsford Smith Drive.

Can't wait for this weekend. I'll be taking my 83 y.o grandad to training on Friday and then the game on Saturday.

He was there with his Dad at the 54 flag, has followed them his entire life and another flag is definitely top of his bucket list. Hopefully this crop can make it happen soon.

Personally, I wouldn't bother getting over to DFO to catch the bus. Just go the air-train. Takes you straight into the CBD.
According to the link posted by JT, you shouldn't have to walk to DFO.

Walk 96m to Domestic Airport station, platform 1, Brisbane Airport.
Catch train BDVL Airport via Brisbane to Varsity Lakes - Gold Coast to Fortitude Valley station, platform 1, Fortitude Valley
Walk 192m to Wickham Street Stop 228 near Brunswick, Fortitude Valley
Catch bus227 City, Valley, Kangaroo Pt, Cannon Hill, Manly West, Wynnum to Main St at Story Bridge East, stop 6, Kangaroo Point

Shame that this game clashes with our first VFL Final against Box Hill. Would've hoped that the AFL could have done it better but perhaps not many options with these VFL grounds - only Sat or Sun PM.
YeH no TV coverage for the VFL game either. If your on Twitter the @FootscrayVFL has very good updates.

According to the link posted by JT, you shouldn't have to walk to DFO.

Walk 96m to Domestic Airport station, platform 1, Brisbane Airport.
Catch train BDVL Airport via Brisbane to Varsity Lakes - Gold Coast to Fortitude Valley station, platform 1, Fortitude Valley
Walk 192m to Wickham Street Stop 228 near Brunswick, Fortitude Valley
Catch bus227 City, Valley, Kangaroo Pt, Cannon Hill, Manly West, Wynnum to Main St at Story Bridge East, stop 6, Kangaroo Point
That's the airtrain, basically runs parallel along the airport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am relying on NoName aka SisOfSonofScray to navigate as she has been to the GABBA a few times. Looking forward to the day, flying up in the morning and going home that night, hopefully with a smile on my dial and dreams of a flag that wags in a few weeks.

I suggest you all go buy mexican wrestling masks in red, white and blue. Will make life much easier to spot each other in a crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back