RDFL 2014 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

according to my research these ex afl or listed rookies played in your comp in 2013 tell me if there was more Anthony long, brent tuckey, jarrod silvester, mitch farmer, barry hall, mal lynch .

according to my research these ex afl or listed rookies played in your comp in 2013 tell me if there was more Anthony long, brent tuckey, jarrod silvester, mitch farmer, barry hall, mal lynch .

Chris Dunne had two stint's, one at North and one at Footscray

Unsure, we've got the right bloke in charge and he obviously has great pulling power which we so badly needed. Guess time will tell as 5,6,7 may come our way with Jarrad and if a few (or more) go with this years coach Peter Bugden to Craigieburn then you could argue that point.

Doona you have a right to think he might not be the right bloke as i saw him in action with the whittelsea under 19s this year a couple of times this year and he seemed to spent a lot of time and energy yelling at the umpires and the other sides players .In my opinion if you are doing that you are not watching the game and making the right moves.

Doona you have a right to think he might not be the right bloke as i saw him in action with the whittelsea under 19s this year a couple of times this year and he seemed to spent a lot of time and energy yelling at the umpires and the other sides players .In my opinion if you are doing that you are not watching the game and making the right moves.

Think you've read it wrong lff, there is a comma after the word "Unsure" and that was purely in reference to van's question about an exodus at Whittlesea.

From then it reads "we've got the right bloke in charge and he obviously has great pulling power which we so badly needed."

I heard Jarrad was a chance to come across before our season ended and will continue to support the club's appointment as I thought it a good source for recruits.
Everyone needs a start, I got mine via an assistant role to Matty Finch way back in 2000 and have been hooked ever since. It takes courage in my opinion to even apply for a senior role in this day of massive player ego's and ridiculous pay packets, and even more courage to leave the comforts of home to go to a new town and a new comp.

Kilmore had their "meet the coach" evening tonight and are busily locking in recruits, so in the words of one of popular clubman Dave Wightman she's "all good" :thumbsu:

He must have done something right as coach of whittlesea as they won the flag, as for you saying he yelled at umpires (what passionate coach, player, supporter, parent hasn't done this in local footy) Met with jarrad last night and he seems like a fairly calculated and level headed bloke. Of course passion comes through in footy and so it should

He must have done something right as coach of whittlesea as they won the flag, as for you saying he yelled at umpires (what passionate coach, player, supporter, parent hasn't done this in local footy) Met with jarrad last night and he seems like a fairly calculated and level headed bloke. Of course passion comes through in footy and so it should

I might be wrong and be happy to be proven wrong but i am looking at getting into coaching and have spent the last twelve months going to differant games in differant leagues and divisions and looking at how the coaching staff speak to players and react during games . and the better coaches i have seen
remain composed and do not worry about the umps or oppostion players and get on with coaching the game.
i was impressed with Gary Ayres ( port melb),Scott west(werribee) Anthony Rock ( greenvale),Steve Krstevski (thomastown) i am not trying to knock the bloke just an observation that i saw at games but i wish you good luck with next year and hope you make the finals

I might be wrong and be happy to be proven wrong but i am looking at getting into coaching and have spent the last twelve months going to differant games in differant leagues and divisions and looking at how the coaching staff speak to players and react during games . and the better coaches i have seen
remain composed and do not worry about the umps or oppostion players and get on with coaching the game.
i was impressed with Gary Ayres ( port melb),Scott west(werribee) Anthony Rock ( greenvale),Steve Krstevski (thomastown) i am not trying to knock the bloke just an observation that i saw at games but i wish you good luck with next year and hope you make the finals

That is a good reason to get around and have a look and i think the more people that go for the job as a coach the better so good work, it would be a tough gig coaching. To compare him with gary ayres scott west and rocky is a little bit of a stretch though. That would be like me comparing a 19 yr old from romsey with any 200 game afl players. I have heard rocky speak to his players and his a very good coach.

All these coaching and player movements will make for an interesting year in 2014, maybe the top teams of this season 2013 might have a few challengers if the cards fall the right way for the lower ranked clubs
a change could be coming at the RDFL

If thats correct, Somebody better let him know if you yell at umpires in this league, because they are making bad decisions, they seem to get worse. Seen many a free kick paid against the coaches box over the years. :D

All these coaching and player movements will make for an interesting year in 2014, maybe the top teams of this season 2013 might have a few challengers if the cards fall the right way for the lower ranked clubs
a change could be coming at the RDFL

We hear this every year and yet to see this. Next years premiers will come from 1 of the top 4 sides from last season!! Make no mistake about it!! Rupo will improve on last year but wether they can really challenge the top 4, we'll wait and see.

I hope for the sake of the competition that we see a bit if a change in the top 4 at the end of next season. The competition is becoming a bit like the English Premier League, where the title holder always comes from one of top clubs like Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. Becomes very boring and not good for the competition.

We hear this every year and yet to see this. Next years premiers will come from 1 of the top 4 sides from last season!! Make no mistake about it!! Rupo will improve on last year but wether they can really challenge the top 4, we'll wait and see.

I hope for the sake of the competition that we see a bit if a change in the top 4 at the end of next season. The competition is becoming a bit like the English Premier League, where the title holder always comes from one of top clubs like Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. Becomes very boring and not good for the competition.

Let's be honest what's gunna change, the finishing order might but the top 6-7 will still be the top 6-7. Rupo will improve after using 2013 as a sighter, and Macedon and Melton were genuinely the next best with lists superior to those behind them. Diggers may slip a fraction if a few leave, but Riddell, Sunbury and Romsey sound like they're consolidating (and adding) to their lists.

I'll say it again, hurry up and go get another Melton team, East Sunbury, Trentham even and let's go two tiered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If thats correct, Somebody better let him know if you yell at umpires in this league, because they are making bad decisions, they seem to get worse. Seen many a free kick paid against the coaches box over the years. :D

Wow, its october and someone still dribbles this umpire crap. How about as someone said focus on the game then maybe we can do the same instead of being distracted all the time.

While everyone is talking recruiting, anyone know someone interested in having a crack at umpiring? Let me know. Maybe blues12?

Wow, its october and someone still dribbles this umpire crap. How about as someone said focus on the game then maybe we can do the same instead of being distracted all the time.

While everyone is talking recruiting, anyone know someone interested in having a crack at umpiring? Let me know. Maybe blues12?

My sentiments exactly O.U......There's always some fool out there that wants to bag you hard working Officials !!!

doona i tried to reply on the other site i think you got it wrong. i wasnt having a go but it seems you still have strong feelings for kilmore hhow did the meet the coachs night go last night.

Had a long lunch Cal?
My sentiments exactly......half your luck Cal!! Most of us..like myself, work 12-14 hour days..haha..isn't that right 'Connalinko'?

Quick question...The rumour mill was going silly 2 weeks ago about new recruits to Broadford. How is that going? Heard a lot were interviewed, but most...if not all, signed back up at Romsey. That has to be a good result!!

it's really up to those clubs below the top 4 to catch up. In my opinion the difference between the top clubs is not necessarily what they spend but how many good players they can get to play for free. Certainly lots of guys at those top 4-5 clubs on either nothing or massive unders. Player turn over is also very low and guys rarely leave. No doubt money plays a part but you hear enough around the traps to suggest it goes deeper than that. Pretty impressed with the steps some lower clubs have already taken towards this.

This takes a while to build but it's what clubs should aim for. I know it's the sort of atmosphere my local club is aiming towards.

it's really up to those clubs below the top 4 to catch up. In my opinion the difference between the top clubs is not necessarily what they spend but how many good players they can get to play for free. Certainly lots of guys at those top 4-5 clubs on either nothing or massive unders. Player turn over is also very low and guys rarely leave. No doubt money plays a part but you hear enough around the traps to suggest it goes deeper than that. Pretty impressed with the steps some lower clubs have already taken towards this.

This takes a while to build but it's what clubs should aim for. I know it's the sort of atmosphere my local club is aiming towards.

I agree wholeheartedly with this type of plan Dons81, but I seriously doubt that the top 4 - 5 clubs have lots of guys playing for nothing.

Correct Blueboy67 there is a definite division between the top three or four clubs and its got to be the amount of money available to them, but that normally doesn't last and next year will tell if all four can still attract huge money to their respective clubs. And can they all keep paying some of the touted contracts that are rumoured to be floating around. Home grown talent is a much better way to go and most clubs have to foster this within theor clubs. Money doesn't always last and therer will come a time when it comes back to bite clubs. I suppose time will tell bring on 2014

Norman you are correct all the discussion re romsey and broadford was untrue and fabricated for other reasons
As in my past post 2013 proof is available

But agree also with blue boy 67
Not many play for no coin and to sustain this is not easy perhaps the wheels may turn ??

Let's be honest what's gunna change, the finishing order might but the top 6-7 will still be the top 6-7. Rupo will improve after using 2013 as a sighter, and Macedon and Melton were genuinely the next best with lists superior to those behind them. Diggers may slip a fraction if a few leave, but Riddell, Sunbury and Romsey sound like they're consolidating (and adding) to their lists.

I'll say it again, hurry up and go get another Melton team, East Sunbury, Trentham even and let's go two tiered.
Food for thought
The vtca had issues with having a competition that was uneven
So they introduced a point system that allowed clubs to pay what they wanted but to play
Within the point system it has made a big change

So as a example lets say each team snrs only can field 150 points max
Say a ex afl vfl player is worth X points
Local product is worth less
So on so on
This means clubs spending 120-180 k per year against clubs who can't afford this should reduce blow outs and
Even up the playing field ???
Any thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back