Jul 31, 2023
AFL Club
Essendon
Out of curiosity how does the riddle league compare to the North Central

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Out of curiosity how does the riddle league compare to the North Central

Very hard to compare.

North Central played on big open and normally dry grounds versus the smaller and often more damp RDFNL grounds.

Some serious a grade talent in the North Central but maybe not the depth of Riddell League clubs

Rockbank traning going back tomorrow night... anyone heard anything about a coach or the league move being confirmed?

Tommy Eiszele to Sunbury Kangas from Riddell

No coach
Not a certainty as they waiting on wrfl agm to vote and a few wrfl clubs not to happy becaus the division structre hasntbean finalysed
Pretty much a club in limbo
Post on the wrfl thread says the Wrfl board have endorsed Rockbank joining but a vote will be held at AGM early December.

"Western Rams’ league future to be decided by potential rivals"​

Western Rams’ playing future will be decided in seven days when Western Region clubs vote on the club’s entry at the league’s AGM.

In seven days Western Rams’ playing future will be decided.
The wantaway Riddell District club is aiming to join the Western Region league in 2024.

Already approved at board level, WRFL clubs will vote on the Rams’ acceptance at the league’s AGM on December 5.

The Rockbank-based club owns Victorian local footy’s longest losing streak, currently 69 games.

New president Stephan Lalli-Cafini said the move would have several benefits.

“Absolutely, I think it will give us a more competitive standpoint,” he said.

“I think divisional football gives us an opportunity to play teams around our level, not just having one division and getting caught out playing the top teams every time.

“Recruiting wise, if we’re not looking like losing by 100 points every week it will entice players to come.

“We’ve got a good family culture at our club and the ability to be in games will be good as well.

“Off the field we’re positioned really well, it’s probably the first time in a long time we’ve made profit.

“We want to build a good financial culture and good family culture and make it a good place to be.”

The Rams have appointed Ash Pritchard as coach for 2024.

The experienced mentor arrives at Ian Cowie Reserve after a number of years in Queensland and NSW, leading the likes of Lismore Swans, South Cairns Cutters, as well as time at Sunbury.

While the football club has struggled in recent years, the Rams’ netball program has been a shining light.

However, it also proved a catalyst for change this year.

“We had a strong netball program and it looked like a lot of players were going to walk away,” Lalli-Cafini said.

“The football program has obviously struggled for a lot of years now, it was driven by myself, if we’re not going to have strong netball and field four teams and the football is still battling then it was worth having a look.

“Netball (in the WRFL) is played on Friday nights at Whitten Oval.

“We’ve had a lot of old netball players say they’ll come back and play, so we’ll still have netball teams.

“Obviously, it’s not as connected as the Riddell District in playing on the same day at the same ground but still connected through functions and links to the club.”

Heading into the vote, Lalli-Cafini is confident in being accepted.

“We’ll present to the WRFL teams and have the vote on the night,” he said.

“I feel like the clubs will be pretty accepting, we are from the west, we’re not a country team, so hopefully they’ll vote to have us in.

“I’ve done a lot of work with David Jennings, the CEO, to make sure we’re the right fit for them and they’re the right fit for us. Working with him has instilled a lot of confidence.”

Western Rams admission would lift the WRFL to 23 clubs with the league’s divisional structure to be confirmed.

Meanwhile, the club’s departure would return the RDFNL to a nine-club competition, cancelling out the arrival of Kyneton from the Bendigo league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would they reject them. Absolute selfish people who in fact shouldn’t be presidents. More so if they are from div1 clubs as why should they care about a club like rockbank.
If the WRFL played their cards right it might open the door for expansion towards Melton.

I guess it's a risk to the fixturing when they inevitably fold.

One thing I've never found inevitable about this club is, them folding. The people there seem to be made of much sterner stuff.

Have spoken to 2 presidents from Div 1 WRFL clubs today and their firm belief is that vote will go against Rockbank.

I guess it's a risk to the fixturing when they inevitably fold.

I think they'll stabilise in the lower divisions of the WRFL, not fold. and then build as the area keeps growing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back