No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Crows telling Alex he's acting like a mad man is my favorite post ever.

And, Alex? You ARE acting like a mad man.

mad-men.jpg

Reality is, it is a calendar for 2016. All we have heard about all year through the media is how danger won't be here in 2016. Why put him in if he's not going to be there - foregone conclusion. How it relates to what will actually transpire in the real would is completely irrelevant.

And anyone who thinks the AFC doesn't have a say in who is posted in that calendar is delusional. Would Manchester United print a calendar without Wayne Rooney? The pies without Dane Swan? Fremantle without Fyfe? No chance in hell. Not to say it means he is certainly gone but it doesn't inspire confidence.

Read the last collective bargaining agreement with the Players, especially around use of players image by the AFL.

Each Player authorises AFL and the relevant AFL Club to use the Player’s Image, at no cost to AFL or the AFL Club for the promotion of Australian Football, the AFL Club or the AFL as the case may be, including the use of his Image to promote Australian Football, where such promotion includes promotion of the AFL Protected Sponsors and AFL Club Protected Sponsors. Players assign to the AFL any copyright or other rights Players hold or may hold in connection with such promotional activities or AFL Licensing Activities provided such activities are conducted in the manner set out in Schedule E as varied from time-to-time.

The players have no say if the AFL wants to use their image to 'promote Australian Football'. If the players have no say, then neither do the club. The calendars are produced by a company that gained the rights from the AFL to produce them. The AFL would make available to them images that the AFL 'own' for use.

As other's pointed out last years Bulldog's calendar featured players who left the club and the old logo even though the Bulldog's were going through a rebranding exercise. If the club had any say, do you think the old logo would have been used? It is not Manchester United printing the calendar in your scenario but the FA.

Read the last collective bargaining agreement with the Players, especially around use of players image by the AFL.

The players have no say if the AFL wants to use their image to 'promote Australian Football'. If the players have no say, then neither do the club. The calendars are produced by a company that gained the rights from the AFL to produce them. The AFL would make available to them images that the AFL 'own' for use.

As other's pointed out last years Bulldog's calendar featured players who left the club and the old logo even though the Bulldog's were going through a rebranding exercise. If the club had any say, do you think the old logo would have been used? It is not Manchester United printing the calendar in your scenario but the FA.

ekg.jpg

Please point out where it says that the player must approve their photo being displayed? Doesn't this strengthen my point?

Give me an example of a player NOT being in the calendar, who has stayed, rather than a player being in the calendar then leaving. Please (sincerely).

I want him to stay more than anyone but I don't buy this argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Link, quote?

I'm not going to go back and find it Alex. I believe it was OutofTownCrow who posted a satirical narrative of Dangerfield in the rooms singing the song and how if people read the signs, they'll see he's gone. You then took offence to this and had a go at him for posting condescending remarks that attack a group of people for holding the opinion they do. I'm guessing OutofTownCrow would remember it.

What the calendar proves, the club is less than 50% confident he is going to stay and they don't want to look like idiots again.

When was this calendar approved? 4 to 6 weeks ago, therefore - doesn't this just blow the theory that a contract takes a month to be completed? if is did, they could would have known and added the BEST PLAYER in a marketing gimmick.

This thread has gotten ridiculous, if he stays good on him if he goes he's a ******* idiot and won't play in a premership team because cats won't be there anytime soon.

I just hope he has told the club so we can start working something out because if he hasn't it's going to look as bad as the tippet situation

Home run

I'm not going to go back and find it Alex. I believe it was OutofTownCrow who posted a satirical narrative of Dangerfield in the rooms singing the song and how if people read the signs, they'll see he's gone. You then took offence to this and had a go at him for posting condescending remarks that attack a group of people for holding the opinion they do. I'm guessing OutofTownCrow would remember it.

Either find the evidence or don't make the accusation.

Please point out where it says that the player must approve their photo being displayed? Doesn't this strengthen my point?

Give me an example of a player NOT being in the calendar, who has stayed, rather than a player being in the calendar then leaving. Please (sincerely).

I want him to stay more than anyone but I don't buy this argument.

I haven't gone and looked at all the other calendars that have been done by that company over the past couple of years. I have no interest in these sorts of calendars. There could be players in there from your scenario considering that it is obviously being produced in the middle of the year.

This thread has gotten ridiculous, if he stays good on him if he goes he's a ******* idiot and won't play in a premership team because cats won't be there anytime soon.

I just hope he has told the club so we can start working something out because if he hasn't it's going to look as bad as the tippet situation
One thing we can't get annoyed with Danger is the not knowing. For all we know he's told the club and they want it kept quiet.

I just can't see him going to the Cats, perhaps a different club who will have success, but to go home to the Cats who are on are on the slide makes no sense no matter how strong the family pull is.

Alex, the club stated that the calendar is not a club created one. They are AFL approved and as I showed in the players CBA the players have no say or approval if they AFL want to use their image in any manner the AFL sees fit to 'promote Australian Football'. There are separate rules for clubs using images of players though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back