No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a dream last night that someone I know somehow knew Patrick and gave me a handwritten note from Patrick, addressed to me, sincerely apologising that he would be going to Geelong next season. I couldn't read Danger's handwriting either.

If he leaves we MUST get a player (or two) to keep our squad in a position to challenge the next few years.
The rest of the list management has us really focussed on challenging in the coming few years - Danger stays and we're right in the window (depending on coaching... geez that's a ******* mess, don't really want to change our gameplan but if we don't keep the current team together what can we do about it!)

Draft picks - yup need some, but need to convert them into players or also have players in the mix.

Huge offseason ahead.

Ideally we keep dange - and add a few pieces as well.

Really happy to hear that Fages has been pushing hard to ensure our guys are ready to act whether he stays or goes.

You had no interest in even reading my comment. Your mind was made up before even taking the time to understand my point of view.

You made an accusation about the rumour I said about him staying after the West Coast game in Perth had a very strong similarities towards the Steven Rowes rumour he dropped; when in fact it was polar opposite.

When I told you this, you dismissed it as if it didn't matter anyway and you changed your turn and direction of the discussion because it didn't suit your ideology towards Dangerfield's future and then you continued to criticise me.

You made your mind up after a solitary 65 posts and add to that, zero interaction between you and I - you stated that I had made my mind up "on an hourly basis" but once again this was proven to be wrong. Once I highlighted this to you, you didn't pass any comment and you wonder why I made an accusation about you being a troll?

You had no interest in having a constructive discussion as you changed your mind and went 180 degrees when you found out your statement was wrong. You will argue some semantics that you didn't mean it or something like that but if you go back to post number #32007 you will find out my responce to you was very civil until your opnion moved 180 degrees with post number #32015 and then #32025.

So, the ball is in your court. Sorry to prove you wrong.
FYI mate - we're looking into this one as you clearly need some support and guidance.

Far out Geelong are very desperate for him , they have:
  • Made an online petition for Paddy to come home
  • Costa giving Dangerfield's mum a high up job
  • The Geelong Advertiser releasing "come home Paddy stickers"

Bloody cringeworthy
What do they think the stickers and petition are going to do? Like dangers going to think, 'well they got a few hundred signature, guess I have to go to Geelong.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My gut feel is we might be encouraging the AFL to make it appealing enough compensation wise to NOT match ;)
Well, given Ablett was two first rounders... I'm not sure we could expect any better than that???

My gut feel is we might be encouraging the AFL to make it appealing enough compensation wise to NOT match ;)
Well the AFL has a history of giving different parties different results. Adelaide loses 2 first and 2 second round picks then the next year Essendon loses the same but is given an end of first round pick each year. Tribunal has zero integrity. What's to say we won't be given an extra 1st round pick if Danger leaves? 1 pick after our own as well as 1 end of first round pick? Maybe a mid first rd pick rather than an end of first round pick? Hawks will go bonkers, as we did when Ess got their picks, but will essentially fall on deaf ears.

Well, given Ablett was two first rounders... I'm not sure we could expect any better than that???

You see once again we get the chance for the AFL to manipulate and make it up as they go along.

They can look after us and Geelong by saying Danger will be two first round picks. Or they can low ball and screw us over, or if we are willing to match, they could screw Geelong over.

The problem with the AFL is they always make rules that are paper thin, easily manipulated and as transparent as dog s**t.

You see once again we get the chance for the AFL to manipulate and make it up as they go along.

They can look after us and Geelong by saying Danger will be two first round picks. Or they can low ball and screw us over, or if we are willing to match, they could screw Geelong over.

The problem with the AFL is they always make rules that are paper thin, easily manipulated and as transparent as dog s**t.
Cannot argue with a word of that.

2 premierships and a bownlow later you could argue he had fulfilled any obligation he had to the cats. Dangerfield is now approaching his prime.
Fairly plain to see Ablett had some (a helluva lot) of sublime football left in him when it occurred, though.

Yeah we could, by matching the Geelong offer and force the Cats to give us their first rounder which will be a higher pick and Motlop. Thereby dismantling their ability to rebuild their list.

Staying

Going

Staying
Going

Staying Going Staying Going

StayingGoingStayingGoingStayingGoingStayingGoingStayingGoingStayingGoingStayingGoingStayingGoingStayingGoing

>KABOOM!!<
Keeps reminding me of this for some reason.

Not sure who Elmer is though. The AFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back