No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main issue with this whole circus is how cruel Dangerfield has been to the supporters. He would know how much everyone loves him, and he's purposely strung us all along only to stab us straight through the heart after the clubs worst year in its history. It's been a selfish display from PD, regardless of whether he stays or leaves.

How did he string us along ?

The main issue with this whole circus is how cruel Dangerfield has been to the supporters. He would know how much everyone loves him, and he's purposely strung us all along only to stab us straight through the heart after the clubs worst year in its history. It's been a selfish display from PD, regardless of whether he stays or leaves.
Only because of the speculation driven by the media. He hasn't strung us along, he's done what he's entitled to do - play out his contract. And he's been fully committed whilst doing so. What more do you want? What's the point of contracts if we expect long term commitment from a player when the club is not willing to make that same commitment to the player?

The media drive the romantic notions of loyalty, but we need to move on. Fantastic if he stays, but no grudges if he goes, this is professional sport.

This:thumbsu:.

I always assumed all his online trolling this year/joking on the radio about it has been a sign he'd eventually stay as, IMO, why would a person with common-sense do and say things like that then leave? He will look like the biggest douche if he (more than likely) goes after the shit he's talked this year.

Neither is what the AFL is going to give us, nor is it what Geelong can trade for considering the void of talent on their list.

Geelong can absolutely trade enough to give fair value; if they refuse to, fine, then let him go in the draft and end up at Carlton or Melbourne.

I don't care - not our problem.

3 things we need this off season:
  1. Dangers signature
  2. Wooshas signature
  3. Titanium implants into Brother of BoB's feet.
1. 95% of NOT happenning. He has committed to Geelong on a 5 year deal. The 5% hope is on us matching Geelong not coming to the party with a trade and Danger deciding to stay on. But remember he has a prick of an agent that always gets his clients to where they want to go. We do not have much leverage.

2. 80% chance of not happening.

3. Better chance of happening than 1 or 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always held the view that there should be a lottery for draft picks. You could have the bottom 10 sides pull numbers to get the first 10 picks, then the top 8 sides draw straws for the next 8 picks. Rinse and repeat for second round and so on.
I've thought the same. But I believe they should break it up into 3 groups of 6.

Thats not how it works and you know it.

We must negotiate and negotiate with strong intent. We must holdv strong and not buckle under the pressure Geelong will stay about how they don't have anyone worth trade.

We must set out targets early, sell the club to those players (offer them an incrased contract would help) and then get the manager to get a deal done.

Pick 10 is a must and then we identify 2 players who fit our best 22. Ideally, Cockatoo and Barnell from Gold Coast and then we get a trade done between the 3 clubs.

Pick 10 and cockatoo and then Geelong, crows and Gold Coast complete a 3 way trade for Kolnojasnihk foing to the GC and Barnell coming tomthe crows.

Ill be honest here, if and when Danger decides to leave, I won't be saying "Well at least he gave a really good effort this year even though he left us hanging"...no shit, that's what contracts are for! He's meant to give 100% and I would expect no less. I won't mollycoddle to him and tell people how nice of a bloke he is. As far as I'm concerned he's as bad as Tippet and him and Kurt will be the only 2 players I'll boo this side of Luke Hodge. Lets look at the facts, he was instrumental in the sacking of Sando, and I have heard that from a board member. This happened before the trade period, Danger spewed out the line that it was a footy based decision. So we bring in a great head coach, ex premiership development coaches, get a new CEO who doesn't have a hankering for bending over whenever the AFL calls and we invest massively in our training base. To follow that we tragically lose our coach yet still make the finals over geelong and even win one with so many young players in the team. Patrick must sign now, according to his own words at the end of last year.But alas he changed his tune to a family decision, or the AFL get out clause as it's known. If it was always a family decision, as it has seemed to always be (as we are now on the upward football trajectory) then I will be absolutely ropeable that he didn't ask for a trade last year. If your intention was to always leave, why waste our time and money on you. Patrick you seem like a nice guy, but you're quickly becoming Tippet 2.0. You're either with us or against us...there will be no sympathy from me.

They do have a choice, they trade with someone else.

It's called being obstinate.

They need to clear a big contract off their books to pay the $700k per season contract Dixon demands. If you go through Ports big contract players Hartlett is the most expendable. Its a salary cap issue.

They need to clear a big contract off their books to pay the $700k per season contract Dixon demands. If you go through Ports big contract players Hartlett is the most expendable. Its a salary cap issue.

They don't care. They will lose on a trade before doing a deal with us for a blue chipper like Hartlett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back