No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

$1m is easily within the cap when you take into consideration that the cap size is about to be increased. His salary would be back ended too. With deadwood in Radar replaced and Pods retirement bonus are removed, we will have room.

I cannot see the Crows offering Dangers anything less than $850k to be honest and up to and including around $1m is the range. Victorian Clubs like Geelong, Collingwood will be easily offering him a multi year $1m deal if not more.

Danger is the biggest prize that several clubs realistically have a chance for and because of that competition and the Crows need to keep him for on and off field reasons they will have to pay more.

It is an interesting debate, I would love to heat what posters think about what the Club will offer him?

With that said, I think his actual value in terms of ability is worth around $800-$850k.
There's no way in a pink fit Geelong offer him a Mill. Collingwood may, but we wont, and nor will the Cats.

Well i use to rate hime at 850K but after reports that Tex is only getting 700k..... I have to seriously ask questions!!!!

Having said that Im comfortable with the 5.4 mil over 6 years!

What Tex got $700k ??? wtf

Then my numbers are way off then.

There's no way in a pink fit Geelong offer him a Mill. Collingwood may, but we wont, and nor will the Cats.

Geelong posters confident on their board that he will be offered him around a million if not.

I am sure they would be willing to lose Motlop to secure Dangerfield and to be able to pay him extra to come over.

Geelong posters confident on their board that he will be offered him around a million if not.

I am sure they would be willing to lose Motlop to secure Dangerfield and to be able to pay him extra to come over.
Selwood and Johnson dont get that much, why would Danger? Throw in the coin they will have to pay Hawkins, plus the fact Im not so sure they'd want to offload Motlop now Christensen and Varcoe are gone. I think you (and the Geelong posters) are dreaming.

Selwood and Johnson dont get that much, why would Danger? Throw in the coin they will have to pay Hawkins, plus the fact Im not so sure they'd want to offload Motlop now Christensen and Varcoe are gone. I think you (and the Geelong posters) are dreaming.

I cant be dreaming, because thats what they said earlier. The attitude may have changed though over time.

The real mystery here is that we have all these star players who will all command big $ - but we can't make the 8.

Well considering the fact that 3 of the stars listed are Crouch, Crouch and JJ who have played a combined 81 games at AFL level- I think its a massive case of our board over rating what constitutes a star.

People forget M Crouch has played 8 games of AFL football. He has only had over 60% playing time in 3 of those games. People are only concerned about him chewing up a massive amount of cap space?

We have 3 genuine stars on our team. Walker, Sloane, Danger. We have two young players which have both had 1 exceptional season, but are still not stars.

Massive massive over-rating of our players.

People forget M Crouch has played 8 games of AFL football. He has only had over 60% playing time in 3 of those games. People are only concerned about him chewing up a massive amount of cap space?

Not a single poster is worried about MC going or the cap space who at absolute best would get $300k given thats what Tambling got.

Geez how are we going to fit all that in?

Jacobs should be on about $700k - his value is massive

BC $650k

Talia $750k

BSmith - $650k

JJ $400k

MC $400k

Thats guessing. Probably wrong, I will be curious to know by how much.
You're way off here. Using Mackay's contract as a measuring stick won't work. He was paid, if rumours are true, way over what he should've got. Let's not forget this is forecasting to 2016. Nobody knows how we/these players will perform in the meantime.
BC ~350k
DT ~450k
BS ~400k
JJ ~ 300k
MC ~2-250k

Well considering the fact that 3 of the stars listed are Crouch, Crouch and JJ who have played a combined 81 games at AFL level- I think its a massive case of our board over rating what constitutes a star.

We have 3 genuine stars on our team. Walker, Sloane, Danger. We have two young players which have both had 1 exceptional season, but are still not stars.

Massive massive over-rating of our players.
To be fair in my post I mentioned the List of players as players of note. I'd like to know how this has been converted to stars apart from Peter J being sarcastic as I took it?o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you ignore all the other clubs competing for him and ignoring the go home issue, just looking at him as a player, do you believe he is worth $900 to $950k, I would have him at $850 to be honest.

At this present moment, based on last year's performance...yep, $850.
What if Walsh brings out the best in him? Takes him to another level all together. Maybe Sando was holding Danger back. It's no secret that he and others wanted him gone.
If we're entrenched in the 8 (like we all hope we will be) by June/July he could be commanding close to 1 mil.
Who knows...perhaps that's what his manager is saying "don't enter contract negotiations until mid-year".

You're way off here. Using Mackay's contract as a measuring stick won't work. He was paid, if rumours are true, way over what he should've got. Let's not forget this is forecasting to 2016. Nobody knows how we/these players will perform in the meantime.
BC ~350k
DT ~450k
BS ~400k
JJ ~ 300k
MC ~2-250k

Didnt suprise me. I wouldnt know what a low player is worth as its not discussed much.

No way Talia is getting $450k. He is worth more than Betts.

No way BC is getting $350k, I see his value at around $400-$450k

Over on the Geelong board, Patrick has made his decision.

105096_76a2edc2297a9fa14e298a8f0be531f6.jpg

Last edited:
To be fair in my post I mentioned the List of players as players of note. I'd like to know how this has been converted to stars apart from Peter J being sarcastic as I took it?o_O
Yes mate was just having a sarcastic crack at these guys with one hand out when it comes to money, and the other you know where when it comes to performance!

Didnt suprise me. I wouldnt know what a low player is worth as its not discussed much.

Quite feasible.

Talia could be on less depending on when he signed his contract and likelihood is the max he'll ever earn is around the $550k mark.

BC would be around $300K again, hard to see it being any higher... but that's dependent on when he signed.

Geez how are we going to fit all that in?

Jacobs should be on about $700k - his value is massive

BC $650k

Talia $750k

BSmith - $650k

JJ $400k

MC $400k

Thats guessing. Probably wrong, I will be curious to know by how much.
Jacobs wont be on 700 k he is good but we wont be paying him over 500, id say talia will also be in this price bracket. Matt crouch wont be anywhere near 400!

Over on the Geelong board, Patrick has made his decision.

Note to Port fans - liking this post will get you a card most likely.So dont go there.
So why post it? This is as much a troll as a Port poster liking it.

Betts is overpaid as a result of free agency. Basing DT or BC off him is wrong. DT may earn over 500, but I sincerely doubt it.

BC is better compared with Danger's alleged salary. After his initial 2 yr contract, Danger signed a 2 year extension, allegedly for around 250k/y. Then in 2012 he signed for 3 years allegedly at around $600k/y "Dangerfield, after signing a multi-million dollar three-year contract extension with the Crows"

Because I did and because I can.

So what. Surely you cannot be hurt by that picture of him. Because if you are then you have bigger problems.
I'm not hurt by it, mr argument, but you're complaining that port people liking your post will get a card? Why? Will you report them to mods? If you're so concerned about port people liking a post, why post it in the first place? I just don't see the reason for posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back