No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly - I don't understand the rhetoric on here of "we can't afford to lose him for a compo pick, so we will demand Motlop"

Well no we can't afford to lose him, but, even as a RFA, we are in a very poor position.
It only works on the assumption we get motlop to agree to terms with us and that the psd isn't a threat (re danger) forcing a trade.

I'm of the opinion that we will just take the compo but who knows, there may be some twists yet.

This.

There is a reason no one has challenge it and the very conservative AFC won't change this trend.
I think (hope) you're living in the SANFL tethered past brah. We've cut the umbilical cord, Chapman might even be gone by then. New era, new leadership (Roo, Fagan, Walsh), new way of doing things I hope. We'll see.

Did sydney want us whole over tippett?

Yes. The fact that they offered us a first round pick and a tall instead of just blowing open our shadiness shows that they did. Tippett is worth less than Danger and they offered more than compo.

Did sydney want Hawks whole over buddy?

No. They offered an extraordinary amount of money that they knew Hawthorn couldn't match. Geelong could do that as well, but I don't see how - and once they don't want to, this example is moot.

Did Port want Essendon whole over Ryder?

Yes. That's why that took so long. They never went nuclear on it. They kept negotiating and gave reasonable value.

Did Hawks want us whole over Gunston?

They did their best. They offered their first round and second round pick for Gunston and a fourth after trying initially to work with us on the GWS trade.

Did Brisbane want Geelong whole over Christensen?

Obviously Geelong were reasonably happy with 21 knowing the truth of Christensen's circumstances, given he asked for a trade on Wednesday and was gone in 24 hours.

Why didn't you mention Beams and the efforts the clubs went to find a middle ground?

Did we want Carlton whole over Betts?

Carlton never wanted to match and enter negotiations. They were happy for him to leave and move on to Daisy.

Any others?

No chance of getting anything more than cats first pick and a middle range player, they ain't going to give us Motlop or anyone like that, we can aim higher yes but it won't happen because if danger chooses Geelong they will hold the cards

1st rounder + Murdoch or GHS still trumps The compo pick and unfortunately that is as good as it will get for us

On a positive note Murdoch ranks elite in pressure stats , has explosive speed , has good size and kicks it 60m, Smith is the only other player we have that has all of this.
Yeah I can't see us getting Motlop. First plus a mid-range player like you say is the best we can hope for really and certainly trumps a compo pick.

What would be interesting would be if Paddy nominates Geelong and we put an offer Motlop can't refuse in front of him and he nominates us = Popcorn.jpg

It's not draft tempering. It's a trade and the AFL would knock it back if they think it is not value.

If we engage in illegal conversation with Geelong, we are tampering with something and risk the commission siting us.

Yeah I can't see us getting Motlop. First plus a mid-range player like you say is the best we can hope for really and certainly trumps a compo pick.

What would be interesting would be if Paddy nominates Geelong and we put an offer Motlop can't refuse in front of him and he nominates us = Popcorn.jpg
That's what I was getting at put a huge offer in front of motlop and get him to nominate us. Geelong couldn't get near it after accommodating Paddy so would nearly be forced to trade. Gives us a card if Danger wants out. Motlop, Aish these guys haven't signed for a reason there will be plenty of money floating around depending on how the big fish fall.

A pretty good strategy actually. Might email Fages that one...

Did sydney want us whole over tippett?

Yes. The fact that they offered us a first round pick and a tall instead of just blowing open our shadiness shows that they did. Tippett is worth less than Danger and they offered more than compo.

Did sydney want Hawks whole over buddy?

No. They offered an extraordinary amount of money that they knew Hawthorn couldn't match. Geelong could do that as well, but I don't see how - and once they don't want to, this example is moot.

Did Port want Essendon whole over Ryder?

Yes. That's why that took so long. They never went nuclear on it. They kept negotiating and gave reasonable value.

Did Hawks want us whole over Gunston?

They did their best. They offered their first round and second round pick for Gunston and a fourth after trying initially to work with us on the GWS trade.

Did Brisbane want Geelong whole over Christensen?

Obviously Geelong were reasonably happy with 21 knowing the truth of Christensen's circumstances, given he asked for a trade on Wednesday and was gone in 24 hours.

Why didn't you mention Beams and the efforts the clubs went to find a middle ground?

Did we want Carlton whole over Betts?

Carlton never wanted to match and enter negotiations. They were happy for him to leave and move on to Daisy.

Any others?
Sydney wanted us whole? Their offer was so bad that the AFL would not sanction the deal. Think about that. A trade deal so badly out of whack it was stopped. Make us whole? They watched us burnt at the stake and didn't give a s**t.

Then they manipulated the PSD so Tippett slipped through, with the assistance of the AFL who were terrified of being sued.

The rest of your examples are trades - let's look at RFA examples - how have those gone ?

This.

There is a reason no one has challenge it and the very conservative AFC won't change this trend.
The reason is that either the club didnt want the players ( Pearce etc), the compo was worth more than the player ( Frawley), or the offer of a 9 year contract was stupid ( Buddy). If we can afford to match we do.

Sydney wanted us whole? Their offer was so bad that the AFL would not sanction the deal. Think about that. A trade deal so badly out of whack it was stopped. Make us whole? They watched us burnt at the stake and didn't give a s**t.

Then they manipulated the PSD so Tippett slipped through, with the assistance of the AFL who were terrified of being sued.

The rest of your examples are trades - let's look at RFA examples - how have those gone ?
If we match he is just another uncontracted player trade ala Judd, Gunston etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't believe they stopped the deal based on the offer. I believe thet stopped the deal to allow them more time to investigate the contract situation after Chapman took the illigal deal to the AFL.

It would not have surprised me one bit of they allowed the white and pick 22 deal to go through had no one said anything.

The reason is that either the club didnt want the players ( Pearce etc), the compo was worth more than the player ( Frawley), or the offer of a 9 year contract was stupid ( Buddy). If we can afford to match we do.

Time will tell now.

If we match he is just another uncontracted player trade ala Judd, Gunston etc.
Yep. And lets be honest how many players actually go to the PSD? Tippett was forced there so he doesnt count.
If Danger opts for the PSD draft he becomes a GWS or Melbourne player. He doesnt get to Geelong.
As a RFA we still have some power.

Yep. And lets be honest how many players actually go to the PSD? Tippett was forced there so he doesnt count.
If Danger opts for the PSD draft he becomes a GWS or Melbourne player. He doesnt get to Geelong.
As a RFA we still have some power.
If he was unrestricted we would have nothing to talk about it would be compo or he stays. Come on Paddy you owe us 2 more at least!

I don't believe they stopped the deal based on the offer. I believe thet stopped the deal to allow them more time to investigate the contract situation after Chapman took the illigal deal to the AFL.

It would not have surprised me one bit of they allowed the white and pick 22 deal to go through had no one said anything.

Yeah. I'm yet to see anything to the contrary. Reckon the AFL stopping the deal is an urban myth. At best they had a sniff around it.

I'd love that to be in the planning !

I would take a 3-way trade that brought us Aish and upgraded our first round pick by 4 or 5 spots. In all likelihood that would mean getting rid of ours and taking Brisbanes.

So making some assumptions that Geel finish 6th, us 8th and Bris 12th ...

Adel
lose Danger & Pick 11
Gain Aish and Pick 7

Bris
Lose Aish & pick 7
Gain pick 11 & ???

Geel
Gain Danger
Lose ???

So need to find a deal between Bris & Geel. Somehow don't think pick 13 is gonna cut it.
Meh, why complicate things? Just give us Cockatoo and their firstborn.

I personally think that Dangerfield will stay after Walsh gets us safely into the 8. But if I trade did need to be made I would be happy with this.
Dangerfield to Geelong.
Geelong's first round pick to Brisbane. Motlop to Adelaide.
Aish to Adelaide.

We should be into both Motlop and Hawkins in a big way, and sharing Intel regarding our offers to Danger to their respective agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back