No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't care. They will lose on a trade before doing a deal with us for a blue chipper like Hartlett

Dont be fooled by the hatred of supporter groups. Its a business first and foremost and all clubs strive to work together behind the scenes. What if in two years time Adelaide are struck down with Salary Cap issues and we put Cameron up. If Port come knocking they will want a fair deal

Dont be fooled by the hatred of supporter groups. Its a business first and foremost and all clubs strive to work together behind the scenes. What if in two years time Adelaide are struck down with Salary Cap issues and we put Cameron up. If Port come knocking they will want a fair deal

I will guarantee you; Hartlett will not be a crow unless we pay massive overs on the trade.

Ill be honest here, if and when Danger decides to leave, I won't be saying "Well at least he gave a really good effort this year even though he left us hanging"...no s**t, that's what contracts are for! He's meant to give 100% and I would expect no less. I won't mollycoddle to him and tell people how nice of a bloke he is. As far as I'm concerned he's as bad as Tippet and him and Kurt will be the only 2 players I'll boo this side of Luke Hodge. Lets look at the facts, he was instrumental in the sacking of Sando, and I have heard that from a board member. This happened before the trade period, Danger spewed out the line that it was a footy based decision. So we bring in a great head coach, ex premiership development coaches, get a new CEO who doesn't have a hankering for bending over whenever the AFL calls and we invest massively in our training base. To follow that we tragically lose our coach yet still make the finals over geelong and even win one with so many young players in the team. Patrick must sign now, according to his own words at the end of last year.But alas he changed his tune to a family decision, or the AFL get out clause as it's known. If it was always a family decision, as it has seemed to always be (as we are now on the upward football trajectory) then I will be absolutely ropeable that he didn't ask for a trade last year. If your intention was to always leave, why waste our time and money on you. Patrick you seem like a nice guy, but you're quickly becoming Tippet 2.0. You're either with us or against us...there will be no sympathy from me.

If he is going, I'd rather him say it now than after the Brownlow and B&F. I don't give a s**t if it doesn't look like a good look for Patty or the AFL, * them I say, this is what you the AFL have created, not the AFC.

And Patty if you are going, tell us now, not when you feel more comfortable about it. We the fans deserve better. For all intents and purposes, your contract has finished as you won't be going to any more training sessions or playing any more football. So the contract is completed - the decision needs to be advised now.

Need to be reasonable with what we will get for Danger ... compare the trade to the AFL compo and what other players in similar situations have resulted in.

No way we are getting a top 10 pick and top 10 player. I cannot see that happening.

I do. They still have enormous animosity towards us.
Yeah I'm not sure about that, we've worked together on numerous things over the years.

Not saying Hammer will end up here though, IMO likely to be part of a trade for Dixon.

Anyone catch Leigh Matthews give Mark Stevens a dose of reality just now on Dangerfield.

Paraphrasing but basically said why wouldn't Adelaide match and since Danger doesn't seem desperate to leave he might just end up staying at Adelaide instead of risking a trade and draft.

But Leigh isnt a newsbreaker and seems to be more of observing from a distance. I think a trade has been done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone catch Leigh Matthews give Mark Stevens a dose of reality just now on Dangerfield.

Paraphrasing but basically said why wouldn't Adelaide match and since Danger doesn't seem desperate to leave he might just end up staying at Adelaide instead of risking a trade and draft.
Stevo didn't even know where Pyke has coached before, let alone that he's coached us before.

His line about us needing to "do the right thing" is just more bias rhetoric from a Vic media person.

If Danger goes, I think a hard body like Hartlett is a must. He is surely good for a seconder. Hampton at 23 and have done nothing really and should be a 4th round bargain. GWS need to clear house anyway for salary cap issues later on.

Hartlett for a second rounder? Dreaming.

If the rumours regarding the dollars on offer are true, then if would seem the psd is a real threat- for geelong.

Plenty of clubs able to pounce. At worst they get him for a year and can trade him as a contracted player. The dangerfield camp won't have a bar of this though. The cats will have to trade.

Stevo didn't even know where Pyke has coached before, let alone that he's coached us before.

His line about us needing to "do the right thing" is just more bias rhetoric from a Vic media person.
Indeed but it was nice hearing one of the Victorian media mafia acknowledge that the Crows hold all the aces and the only way Dangerfield plays for Geelong next season is if we allow it to happen.

lmao thet are dellusional on the geelong boardt hink if he goes in psd he is theres hmmm carlton or any other side b4 them will pick him up

If he's that dumb no wonder MM got sick of him at press conferences

The article in the Age this morning suggests an offer has been tabled but not accepted. We're still at least a chance - not least because the Geelong area is in deep sh!t with Ford closing. Mardi's family might be telling them to stay here because it's got better prospects than the Surf Coast.

If he still really wants to go to Geelong, what chance we do a Slippery Pete threeway with Carlton - Henderson and Menzel out of the Blues for the Geebangers first and second, Murdoch (the boy from Mt Gambier) and Menzel to the Crows, Hendo and Danger to Geelong.

We get talented boys in their early 20s who can play mid-fwd. I don't think Carlton can expect a first for Hendo but probably can for Menzel.

Last edited:
What really concerns me is all the comments like this. "It's a family decision. Well understand if he goes. "

That tells me that we won't match. How could we say that and match unless there was an under the table deal already done with geelong and afl.

Understanding that players make decisions based on personal reasons is seperate the to the club trying to get better compensation by trading with Geelong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back