Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Pumped for this week! A cooler Autumn week followed by a warmer weekend. Playing off some nice rest, a fire lit under the team and an encouraging interview by Fyfe. You have spent time in the garden, enjoyed romancing your other half, read with the kids and had many laughs. Done your best at work or your business and in general feel the confidence and enjoyment that living life well brings. You know on the weekend you will get to see a stunning victory and celebrate with your team and friends.

The decade of dominance has begun! And we are at the beginning of an exciting and unpredictable ride. What a time to be alive!

Pumped for this week! A cooler Autumn week followed by a warmer weekend. Playing off some nice rest, a fire lit under the team and an encouraging interview by Fyfe. You have spent time in the garden, enjoyed romancing your other half, read with the kids and had many laughs. Done your best at work or your business and in general feel the confidence and enjoyment that living life well brings. You know on the weekend you will get to see a stunning victory and celebrate with your team and friends.

The decade of dominance has begun! And we are at the beginning of an exciting and unpredictable ride. What a time to be alive!
Good work...this thread needed a restump, rewire and replumb.

i think we are missing a lot of meters gained type players. or people who cause scores

i think part of the reason we were successful in 2022. was because we had a midfield headed by mundy, serond and brodie who could get the ball to the outside. were we had a variety of players who would get the ball forward. half backs of clark, young and chapman. wings of odriscoll and acres. and hard working half forwards in switta, freddy, walters and shultz.

today i think we have a better inside midfield. but a vastly inferior group of outside players.
half backs of hughes, aish and clark. wings of banfield and sharp. and half forward line which has had less continuity. walters has lost a step and shultz has left. it was made even worse on the weekend with switta and freddy not present.

however, i think that changes in time.. chapmans return, depth of wagner and worner. cox replacing draper. results in a half backline of cox, chapman, clark and aish.
on the wings sharps rise is very promising. but he needs a running mate. whether thats chapman eventually. conrad williams developing. o'driscoll returning to form. i like ethan stanley.
finally our half line shows the potential of developing into something serviceable. switta, freddy will be joined by cooper simpson (i don't think the club gives someone matty pavs number if they are going to be bad).

thus i think we are going to be good, probs by the end of the season we will start to see this coming together.

i think we are missing a lot of meters gained type players. or people who cause scores

i think part of the reason we were successful in 2022. was because we had a midfield headed by mundy, serond and brodie who could get the ball to the outside. were we had a variety of players who would get the ball forward. half backs of clark, young and chapman. wings of odriscoll and acres. and hard working half forwards in switta, freddy, walters and shultz.

today i think we have a better inside midfield. but a vastly inferior group of outside players.
half backs of hughes, aish and clark. wings of banfield and sharp. and half forward line which has had less continuity. walters has lost a step and shultz has left. it was made even worse on the weekend with switta and freddy not present.

however, i think that changes in time.. chapmans return, depth of wagner and worner. cox replacing draper. results in a half backline of cox, chapman, clark and aish.
on the wings sharps rise is very promising. but he needs a running mate. whether thats chapman eventually. conrad williams developing. o'driscoll returning to form. i like ethan stanley.
finally our half line shows the potential of developing into something serviceable. switta, freddy will be joined by cooper simpson (i don't think the club gives someone matty pavs number if they are going to be bad).

thus i think we are going to be good, probs by the end of the season we will start to see this coming together.

These are all good points and should also cast some light on our challenged last week.

Walters is essentially an out from your list and when you add Shultz, Switta and Freddy as well as Amiss out from around the five minute mark, the forward half was a monumental challenge.

Agree on Chapmans return. If we can keep him on the park for a few years I think he will become one of our best and most important players. The dynamic with him and Cox back will be ridiculously good for us. Clark, Walker, Chappy and Cox make us a lot more offensive from the back half. That will flow through the team and create more opportunities for Sharp, Freddy and Switta.

I would love to see Ethan Stanley in the team. Put him on a wing for five to ten games and see what he looks like. This is a development year and NOD is still needing to build fitness. Maybe Snuffaluphagus has sold me on him, but he seems to be fast and have a penetrating kick. Both are things we need.

Simpson should be in the team this week, or would be if I was on the selection panel. He has to offer more than JOM or Walters. Get him in there!

The future is bright!

Our core midfield is ******* awesome. One of Young, Serong and Brayshaw are having a large say in whether we win the game every week. They are all different and all compliment each other.

Walker and Clark are playing career best footy and Ryan and Pearce are close to actual superstars. Luke Ryan is actually possessed this year

We literally have the best group of tall forwards we’ve ever had in triple Js but we just need them to be 25.

We are two quality players under 190cm short in the forward line from being an utter powerhouse and we have a lot of cap space and 3 1st round picks to make it happen
true

CHAPPY IS BACK!!!

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

A lot of class added to the team this week. I can't wait to see him play out the year and continue to improve. Longmuir saying that he has been playing above the level at WAFL is an indicator of his class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back